Cdp problems

Great to hear your problems are solved. Enjoy the system.
I know the anxiety you had (because recently I bought an old cassette deck as you may know from my thread and initially it had a few troubles, but since then it has been running without any problems. Touch wood!)

Regards.

Last edited:
great work!:clapping:

Why are you getting oppo when you already have this great cdp?

regards

Guys,

I will try to post my humble impressions on my humbler stereo setup tomorrow. :)

I am getting the Oppo 980H from Singapore by the month end. It has been bought today for me there. When i get it i will do a comparison between my CDP and the Oppo with respect to stereo music, and try to post my noob impressions.

cheers,
sri

Had a similar problem with my Philips DVDP once and called the Philips service guys who said lens needs to be changed and quoted Rs. 1200 + Rs. 350 service charges. I said no since I wanted a second opinion. I had my dad take it to the local guy who cleaned it and charged Rs. 70 and it's working flawlessly ever since.

@soundsgreat - Great advice brother.

Hi,

Hmm Ok now every one has posted their views,at behest of sounding crazy here's what I will suggest :p !!

It might not be an actual lens failure or such,it could be a mere dusty lens thats creating the problem ;)!

Since its a old model and since you bought it from a used dealer,Knowing the great respect and care that they have for these used products and take such good care of handling :lol: !! it might've exposed to excessive some dust or over the years has accumulated some !

Here's what I want you do,Please bear in mind that you need to extra careful in following the steps that Am about to tell :D!

First remove the top cover and then push the lens unit towards back where you can have neat access to it ! you may also remove the entire loader but if its too much for you then don't bother ! once the lens is moved towards back where you have proper access,take a clean cotton (ear cleaning buds will do too) soak in mild hot water (just wet not completely ) then with great care just wipe the glass portion of the lens untill you can see the sparkle ! Now spin some cds that were not reading to see the results ;)!!

This is just an exercise that can probably save you some bucks on replacing the new lens,if works well good right ? if it doesn't no harm :p !

Also if and only if you must change the lens,be very careful of the new one ! this as mentioned by other members is a Philips Lens and are very expensive and not that common (atleast the real original one's) most of them have spurious and will not last long ! be very very careful about this factor ! Make absolutely sure that its a original one before replacing !!

Anything else please do post here !

Regards.

That was wicked! Your tips and tricks are now helping people across the globe. Way to go mate.

Cheers.

regards

I just want to replace my aging Philips DVDP. considering i have only a CRT i dont know how better Oppo will be with standrd DVD's. But i can enjoy a few SACD and DVD-A.:)

cheers,
sri

regards

I just want to replace my aging Philips DVDP. considering i have only a CRT i dont know how better Oppo will be with standrd DVD's. But i can enjoy a few SACD and DVD-A.:).

cheers,
sri

Hi,

Sorry was busy from morning as had some guests come over, You chennai folks should him better !

Mark from Craftel;) ! he came over to Audition my setup and spent the whole of afternoon listening and then chatting bout the stuff:) !

Anyways back to business:p !!

Sri Am very happy to hear that it worked out for you :)!

Moser its always a pleasure helping fellow members :) !

That was wicked! Your tips and tricks are now helping people across the globe. Way to go mate.

Thanks a tonne buddy for posting that,I wouldn't have even known that it was posted on that forum !

Am only too happy that people think my suggestions as useful :D !!

Originally Posted by gobble View Post
Good one.

Now how do we fix SG so he doesn't Hmm and still retains his mobility?

maybe a metallic walking stick

Well well what do we have here :licklips: !!

Regards.

Back