Center & LR for Denon x1100w

devang

I am using Pioneer AJ Bookshelves and Center, clarity is very good but the bookshelves don't go that loud, the sensitivity is low for the BS. Tried Polk's TSI series, even worse than the Pioneers.

Try Energy speakers CC10 and CB10, I auditioned them and really liked the sound quality, they were a little out of my budget so I chose Pioneer Andrew Jones.

Hi,
I am building my first ever 5.1 system. Two of my friends are helping me to get Denon x1100w & Infinity surrounds ( Amazon.com: Infinity Primus Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speaker (Black, Each): Electronics) fro the US.
Woofer: Buying from India. BA ASW 250 (20k)

Center, LR: To be bought from India. Room size:1119
Budget: 20-25k (C & LR)

Need your help in finding the right speakers. Also would appreciate locations to buy in Mumbai.

Thanks

I have bought the same denon Avr 1100w, with monitor audio Bx2 bronze bookshelves, same series center and monitor audio 8" active woofer from Imperial sound opp GPO, surround will be bought later on, damage was 125K for all including installation in Pune
Marzi

I have bought the same denon Avr 1100w, with monitor audio Bx2 bronze bookshelves, same series center and monitor audio 8" active woofer from Imperial sound opp GPO, surround will be bought later on, damage was 125K for all including installation in Pune
Marzi
I was going to get x1100w from the US (110v version , refurbished for ~$300), but now having second thoughts after one expert expressed concerns around voltage down stepping from 220v/50hz to 110v/50hz (AVR freq required : 60 hz)
How much did a new x1100w cost you and from where did you buy one? I see price at around 48k online.

Thanks

My opinion is think about capable speakers to fill your 11 by 19 hall. A BS with 4" driver, according to me, will always make you want for more. And if played out, chances are you will spoil it. Alternatively get a 'powerful' subwoofer and cross it fairly higher to save the BS and surrounds from low fz.
For 65-70k (incl Sub, I would take some amount out of AVR to keep the balance), I would get BIC America F12 (approx 28k) + 4 BA A26 (28k) + Wharfedale Diamond 10CC (15k). For timber matching you can replace the front BA A26 with Wharfedale 10.2 but thats almost double the price. All sourced from India. If possible ask your friend to get the bookshelves from US and buy the AVR locally (more from warranty perspective).

My opinion is think about capable speakers to fill your 11 by 19 hall. A BS with 4" driver, according to me, will always make you want for more. And if played out, chances are you will spoil it. Alternatively get a 'powerful' subwoofer and cross it fairly higher to save the BS and surrounds from low fz.
For 65-70k (incl Sub, I would take some amount out of AVR to keep the balance), I would get BIC America F12 (approx 28k) + 4 BA A26 (28k) + Wharfedale Diamond 10CC (15k). For timber matching you can replace the front BA A26 with Wharfedale 10.2 but thats almost double the price. All sourced from India. If possible ask your friend to get the bookshelves from US and buy the AVR locally (more from warranty perspective).
Interestingly, BA A26 is cheaper(13k/pair) in India than in the US ($200/piece)
HifiMart shows it sold out. Where else can I buy these?
Thanks for your inputs!

Devanag,
Got the denon 1100w from imperial sound Mumbai Opp GPO, at 40k after discount.
Marzi

Last edited:
If budget is not a constraint ,try for Dali Zensor Center ( bigger in size),Dali Zensor Series 1 or 3 (Book shelves) for L R. Total Tentative budget 45k.Take a audition and decide.

If budget is not a constraint ,try for Dali Zensor Center ( bigger in size),Dali Zensor Series 1 or 3 (Book shelves) for L R. Total Tentative budget 45k.Take a audition and decide.
45k for just LR or C & LR?
Where can i buy these in Mumbai?

Thanks

45K would be for 2 bookshelves and a Center channel.
Dali's a typically little less on bass, coupled with BS (which anyway are less on low's compared to FS) will initiate a need to have a sub (another 28k min) :)
+ the rear channels.....much over your current budget.

45K would be for 2 bookshelves and a Center channel.
Dali's a typically little less on bass, coupled with BS (which anyway are less on low's compared to FS) will initiate a need to have a sub (another 28k min) :)
+ the rear channels.....much over your current budget.
Thanks. Assuming, i increase my budget, which surrounds would you suggest?

After spending considerable time on this forum and reddit, i have made up my mind to go for Denon x1100w but still not sure on the speakers (Dali/Wharfedale ).
My new AVR+Speakers +Sub budget is 1.2-1.4lacs.

My friend can bring me Infinity surrounds ( http://smile.amazon.com/Infinity-Pr...id=1424270218&sr=8-8&keywords=infinity+primus ) from the US. Is there a way I can mix&match them with Dali/Wharfedale to reduce my overall cost?

Also house interior work is being done, and I am thinking of pre-wiring the room (11x18) with DAC 14awg.
Please advise if this is the right choice.

Thanks. Assuming, i increase my budget, which surrounds would you suggest?

After spending considerable time on this forum and reddit, i have made up my mind to go for Denon x1100w but still not sure on the speakers (Dali/Wharfedale ).
My new AVR+Speakers +Sub budget is 1.2-1.4lacs.

My friend can bring me Infinity surrounds ( http://smile.amazon.com/Infinity-Pr...id=1424270218&sr=8-8&keywords=infinity+primus ) from the US. Is there a way I can mix&match them with Dali/Wharfedale to reduce my overall cost?

Also house interior work is being done, and I am thinking of pre-wiring the room (11x18) with DAC 14awg.
Please advise if this is the right choice.

See ideally one would want all speakers from the same brand / series. But there are several members in this forum, who use all 5.1 from different brands as well, and probably they are happy about it. So if the fronts are Dali's then the rears as well from the same brand. I myself use a el cheapo Chinese bookshelves which are in no way synced to the fronts and the sound is distinctly different from the front.....hence quite distracting when the sound travels across speakers. But if you are getting Wharfedale's for center and front then they have these (Wharfedale Diamond 10.DFS Rear Surround Speakers (Black Pair)) which are very good for rear channels and they are 'fairly cheap' as well.

For Rs1.4L, I would anytime go with Dali's (front being Zensor 3). I heard Wharfedale's in HT store, BLR, but they were just about ok. Your preference can be different. I plan to audition Dali, again, in couple of weeks. I will update you on my impression about these for movies.

Sunil: Thankyou!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back