Centre Channel Speaker Suggestion

The ideal center speaker buy is a center from the same family of the front speakers. It ensures homogeneous sound from the front side atleast. Use the bookshelves as surrounds.

I assume you will stick around with your front speakers for a couple of years atleast.

Manek

The ideal center speaker buy is a center from the same family of the front speakers. It ensures homogeneous sound from the front side atleast. Use the bookshelves as surrounds.

I assume you will stick around with your front speakers for a couple of years atleast.

Manek
Hi Manek, jbl stage series center speakers are not that good although the front tower and bookshelves are good.

And yes most likely I will keep these fronts for 2-3 years or so...
But I am not planning to spend on center again when i move to another front.

Hi Manek, jbl stage series center speakers are not that good although the front tower and bookshelves are good.

And yes most likely I will keep these fronts for 2-3 years or so...
But I am not planning to spend on center again when i move to another front.
All the best then.
Try and buy a brand that you are definitely to consider when you upgrade.

I am really tempted for sub but Its in Hyderabad. So no way i can check it out before purchasing.

BIC America PL 200 was used by me in the past. We have a dedicated thread for BIC America, perhaps if there is a Forum Member in Bengaluru, you can check and visit him

BIC America PL 200 was used by me in the past. We have a dedicated thread for BIC America, perhaps if there is a Forum Member in Bengaluru, you can check and visit him
No, i know its a good brand and sub but as i have to buy it used i prefer to check it by person before conclude the deal.

But as the product is in Hyderabad and I am from Bangalore so I won't be able to do that in this case.

No, i know its a good brand and sub but as i have to buy it used i prefer to check it by person before conclude the deal.

But as the product is in Hyderabad and I am from Bangalore so I won't be able to do that in this case.

Check if there is a Forum Member closer to that seller who perhaps you can request if he can visit the seller and through video call you can check the sub and make a decision.

Check if there is a Forum Member closer to that seller who perhaps you can request if he can visit the seller and through video call you can check the sub and make a decision.
Yea, good idea. Let me check if i can manage something that. Thanks.

@JrM1 , did you get down to trying without a center? What were your observations?

MaSh
Yes MaSh, with out center works well when i seat at center of both speakers but other times during casual listening or watching when i seat on side towards left speaker then center channel make a difference.

Yes MaSh, with out center works well when i seat at center of both speakers but other times during casual listening or watching when i seat on side towards left speaker then center channel make a difference.
Yes exactly. That is what I had mentioned. If your seating is within the speaker boundary it's good, if not you'll need a center speaker to anchor the sound to the middle.

Get the biggest and the baddest center channel speaker you can find. Once you deploy a center channel speaker in the system, that speaker becomes The Most important speaker. Everything that happens on the screen comes out of the center channel.

Yes matching is good to have, i wouldn't fret too much on it. As long as Center and fronts are similar in signature you're good.

MaSh

Yes exactly. That is what I had mentioned. If your seating is within the speaker boundary it's good, if not you'll need a center speaker to anchor the sound to the middle.

Get the biggest and the baddest center channel speaker you can find. Once you deploy a center channel speaker in the system, that speaker becomes The Most important speaker. Everything that happens on the screen comes out of the center channel.

Yes matching is good to have, i wouldn't fret too much on it. As long as Center and fronts are similar in signature you're good.

MaSh
Thanks MaSh.

Between below two which will be better.
1. Polk Signature Elite ES30
2. Q Acoustics 3090Ci

On paper both looks similar wrt sensitivity and impedance. But drivers are smaller in Q.

Have you experienced any of these. Do you have any idea which one will be better?

Thanks MaSh.

Between below two which will be better.
1. Polk Signature Elite ES30
2. Q Acoustics 3090Ci

On paper both looks similar wrt sensitivity and impedance. But drivers are smaller in Q.

Have you experienced any of these. Do you have any idea which one will be better?
They are slightly different. I'd pick the Polk between the two. Bigger drivers, wider frequency response.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back