Cheapest home theater suggestion needed

What have you selected and not selected? Its confusing.
Denon X250bt Avr final, inclined towards Taga Harmony Tav-506 but still searching if some better option available and for sub Tsw90 V.4 suggested by someone.
Sub woofer part is very confusing.

Did u consider the elac cinema 5 set from amazon?

Better brand than taga and better fit for living room.

Taga requires dedicated media room.

What do you mean by media room?

Dedicated home theater room with 4 walls, speaker placement and sound proofing etc..
Floor stands in hall leading to dining room and frequent interruptions will not be ideal for many.

Better brand than taga and better fit for living room.

Taga requires dedicated media room.
Can you please elaborate more.
Elec is a better brand compare to Taga but didn't understand living room and media room part.
Actually i was thinking just opposite.

Can you please elaborate more.
Elec is a better brand compare to Taga but didn't understand living room and media room part.
Actually i was thinking just opposite.

Just a general practise nothing is written in stone.

Floor-standers need space around them and need proper placement which should not be altered frequently.
Also they need to reach a certain threshold volume to sound impactful. This will disturb adjacent rooms.

Both of the above are not very practical in living room.

Home theatre room with entrance opposite to the speakers and no outlet behind is ideal spot for FS. With door closed, there is at least 2 doors between the speakers and adjacent rooms.

Bookshelves in living room serves the purpose of speaker in a living room and hides in the background once nailed to the wall. You wont be looking at or worrying about it when not watching content.

But people do have floor stands in halls. I had in the past. Just not very practical.

Just a general practise nothing is written in stone.

Floor-standers need space around them and need proper placement which should not be altered frequently.
Also they need to reach a certain threshold volume to sound impactful. This will disturb adjacent rooms.

Both of the above are not very practical in living room.

Home theatre room with entrance opposite to the speakers and no outlet behind is ideal spot for FS. With door closed, there is at least 2 doors between the speakers and adjacent rooms.

Bookshelves in living room serves the purpose of speaker in a living room and hides in the background once nailed to the wall. You wont be looking at or worrying about it when not watching content.

But people do have floor stands in halls. I had in the past. Just not very practical.
I can manage space part and high volume isn't an issue because we are small family of 3 and we all enjoy watching & listening to music at higher volume and neighbours are also friendly so no issue i guess.

What is the speaker wire gauge requirements for Taga 506 speakers paired with Denon X250BT.
Total wire requirement is 100 feet max.
I found few option while browsing amazon, 16 gauge amazon basics CCA speaker wire or 14 gauge OFC from same brand.

Some queries still not answered but i guess Taga 506 + Taga Tsw 90 is my best bet under 40k.
I will book the above package today.

Some queries still not answered but i guess Taga 506 + Taga Tsw 90 is my best bet under 40k.
I will book the above package today.
Hi Aditya,
Welcome to HT world..
Why dont you try IndiqAudio bookshelf LCR which is in ur budget & build greater then taga or other brands for both movies & Music. try to look at the videos in you tube & see if its matches ur taste. u have option to return within 15days if u dont like it.
I have auditioned this they are so good & i feel better premium speaker in that range. which is blend very good with ur AVR & also u can place it in ur living open room u will never feel the bad sound rather u will feel very pleasant & detailed music or movies...
Front bookshelf with center may cost you 40K. Check out rather u go demo to showroom & after buy if it does't sound well in ur place u cant do rather compromising but with indiq you can return no question asked.. where u get option or time to buy other which no other brand does..
As i faced same when in demo its look good with their tuning to that place acoustics but same in my place lots of variations ..so y i say no harm in trying & deciding rather burning with no options..
Final call is yours..

Front bookshelf with center may cost you
Hi thanks for reply & suggestion.
I read a lot about Indiq audio in this forum no doubt they are much better but issue is i am on limited budget of 40k for 5.1 system.
I won't be able to invest further in coming years.
I understand makeing HT step by step is best way but expensive also so want to settle for 5.1 system at once.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for reply & suggestion.
I read a lot about Indiq audio in this forum no doubt they are much better but issue is i am on limited budget of 40k for 5.1 system.
I won't be able to invest further in coming years.
I understand makeing HT step by step is best way but expensive also so want to settle for 5.1 system at once.
I was also with same intension of going full setup once thinking same as u are now. but that's very big mistake as these are kept for long time & daily we have listen n feel happy..5.1 set what u are looking for ? if u are in impression of full set at once make u listen theater sound & so on thats bad thought. as said main for movie r music is Left center & right which performs 80% of the total sound for HT so now u invest on those & later for surround u can just get ceiling speaker like JBL or polk RTI which just cost u 10-15K max for a pair. . so that make u great theater or u say sound quality at the end u will never regret the slow n best buy .. no matter which u buy but that make lots sense best way you deal with HT.. think better & dont be hurry..
what many made mistake & kept no options, experience suggesting make ur best

I was also with same intension of going full setup once thinking same as u are now. but that's very big mistake as these are kept for long time & daily we have listen n feel happy..5.1 set what u are looking for ? if u are in impression of full set at once make u listen theater sound & so on thats bad thought. as said main for movie r music is Left center & right which performs 80% of the total sound for HT so now u invest on those & later for surround u can just get ceiling speaker like JBL or polk RTI which just cost u 10-15K max for a pair. . so that make u great theater or u say sound quality at the end u will never regret the slow n best buy .. no matter which u buy but that make lots sense best way you deal with HT.. think better & dont be hurry..
what many made mistake & kept no options, experience suggesting make ur best
I understand go slow buy best is best option but my problem is no proper demo available in my city nor any of my friends or relatives or any known have any type of home theater.
So i am not able to have auditions.
I am dependent on others review and my budget is also limited, i have to buy 5.1 system within my strict budget, that's why going with Taga 506 + Tsw90 sub.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back