Cheapest home theater suggestion needed

I am new to HT world so I don't understand all terms mentioned by you.
If i am not wrong KODI is a software, can you please describe in simple words so i can understand.
Thanks
Audio codecs are decoded in two methods
1. They will be decoded by AVR / soundbar / TV. In this case streamer (Mi Box / Fire stick / Nvidia Shield) will send audio as bit stream (Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby Tru HD, DTS HD etc) without decoding.
2. Media player (KODI, VLC) on streamer will decode audio data to PCM (Digital un compressed audio) is sent to AVR / soundbar /TV.

Streaming box manufacturers have to take license from Dolby / DTS for decoding & bit streaming support.

Taga Harmony Tav-506 and a subwoofer, not sure will buy sub together or later.
I was thinking of Taga Tsw90 v.4 but someone suggested Elec debut 8 2 subwoofer and as per him Elec sub woofer is 100 times better.
I am not able to audition any speaker or sub woofer so seeking help of experienced FMs.

Taga Harmony Tav-506 and a subwoofer, not sure will buy sub together or later.
I was thinking of Taga Tsw90 v.4 but someone suggested Elec debut 8 2 subwoofer and as per him Elec sub woofer is 100 times better.
I am not able to audition any speaker or sub woofer so seeking help of experienced FMs.
I know Elec is superior brand compare to Taga but driver size is just 8" so not sure which 1 is better.

Well there will always be something better. You need to stick to your budget and requirement. Your room is fairly small. I'd stick to the original budget and get the Logitech. Use that for a couple of years and then upgrade to speakers from kef, Polk, wharfedale, elac etc and sub from svs, rel, bic, etc.

However if you really want to go for a receiver+speakers setup, for your room check profx website for denon x1400 or above and Polk Audio speakers. Polk rti series is quite good. People have liked the signature series too.

MaSj

Well there will always be something better. You need to stick to your budget and requirement. Your room is fairly small. I'd stick to the original budget and get the Logitech. Use that for a couple of years and then upgrade to speakers from kef, Polk, wharfedale, elac etc and sub from svs, rel, bic, etc.

However if you really want to go for a receiver+speakers setup, for your room check profx website for denon x1400 or above and Polk Audio speakers. Polk rti series is quite good. People have liked the signature series too.

MaSj
I bought a Sony HT 15 years back and i dont think Logitech speakers will be a big upgrade.

And i already realised i have to spend more to get good equipments which last for long.

Denon X1400 cost very high and i am not looking for a 7.1 or 5.1.2 setup because my living room is very small and i can't place 7.1 speakers and ceiling mounting speakers also not possible for me so i am looking for a basic 5.1 Avr only.
Polk rti series no doubt very good but way beyond my budget so never ever imagined to buy such expensive speakers.
So i am looking for something like Taga Tav-506 Taga Sub woofer.

I auditioned Sony HT-S500RF and i didn't like it all so i dont think i will like S350.

I have the exact same HT-S500RF in my bedroom setup connected via HDMI ARC and I would rate it amoung the best in the price range, even higher.

Did you get a proper 5.1 demo with 5.1 contents and proper speaker placements or the showroom guys just played some mp3 through bluetooth? There is night and day difference between playing mp3 through bluetooth and 5.1 contents through HDMI ARC.

Did you consider the possibility that you may be basing all your biases based on a bad demo?

When I was out demoing, there were 2 places it sounded like crap and the store guys did not even have the means to play multi channel content. Finally one of the pai electronics outlets who opened newly did have a proper demo of this set and some jbls. U might want to check again.

I bought a Sony HT 15 years back and i dont think Logitech speakers will be a big upgrade.

And i already realised i have to spend more to get good equipments which last for long.

Denon X1400 cost very high and i am not looking for a 7.1 or 5.1.2 setup because my living room is very small and i can't place 7.1 speakers and ceiling mounting speakers also not possible for me so i am looking for a basic 5.1 Avr only.
Polk rti series no doubt very good but way beyond my budget so never ever imagined to buy such expensive speakers.
So i am looking for something like Taga Tav-506 Taga Sub woofer.
This is exactly why I am suggesting the Logitech for your room.

MaSh

I have the exact same HT-S500RF in my bedroom setup connected via HDMI ARC and I would rate it amoung the best in the price range, even higher.

Did you get a proper 5.1 demo with 5.1 contents and proper speaker placements or the showroom guys just played some mp3 through bluetooth? There is night and day difference between playing mp3 through bluetooth and 5.1 contents through HDMI ARC.

Did you consider the possibility that you may be basing all your biases based on a bad demo?

When I was out demoing, there were 2 places it sounded like crap and the store guys did not even have the means to play multi channel content. Finally one of the pai electronics outlets who opened newly did have a proper demo of this set and some jbls. U might want to check again.
I agree with you it was not a proper demo.
Sales person played some video song using his mobile, from Youtube.
No proper speaker placing or a demo room.
But now i am decided to go for proper Avr (entry level) with 5.0 speaker and a sub woofer setup.

If you already selected the AVR and 5.0 speaker package no need of hurry. You can start with 5.0 , meantime you can continue the search and slowly you can add the sub.
Also please mention the budget for the sub, so the FMs can suggest accordingly.

Cheers..

If you already selected the AVR and 5.0 speaker package no need of hurry. You can start with 5.0 , meantime you can continue the search and slowly you can add the sub.
Also please mention the budget for the sub, so the FMs can suggest accordingly.

Cheers..
Oops forgot to mention budget, budget for sub around 15k .
Living room size 12X11X11.
adjoining open kitchen - dining space.
I may get better deal if i buy sub with speaker system that is why.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back