cheapest way to achieve 5.1 surround sound?

Hi,

I will suggest you a System building approach, instead of going for a HTIB.

Invest your money in second Hand Good quality AV receiver. Use google, a number of options are available at around 15K to 20K.
Next buy a pair of bookshelf speaker and start enjoying in stereo mode.
After that add a center channel speaker.
After that add Floor standing speakers as Front channel and shift the bookshelves as surround.

Last step is Sub-woofer, only if you need.

Regards,

Vipin.

Last edited:
Hi,

I will suggest you a System building approach, instead of going for a HTIB.

Invest your money in second Hand Good quality AV receiver. Use google, a number of options are available at around 15K to 20K.
Next buy a pair of bookshelf speaker and start enjoying in stereo mode.
After that add a center channel speaker.
After that add Floor standing speakers as Front channel and shift the bookshelves as surround.

Last step is Sub-woofer, only if you need.

Regards,

Vipin.

i neither have the budget nor the time for building it (i am quite lazy hehe)

thanks for you suggestion though :)

i agree with both of your points of view but the problem is that i live in a fairly small city and i cannot audition yamaha/onkyo/denon etc... we do have reliance digital here but they cater to more common consumer products. the nearest city which has yamaha showroom is about 150km from here. i am not sure if i'll get denon/onkyo/any other specialized brand there.

another problem is that my budget is quite tight and i would prefer to get emi payment option...

Then it is conpletely upto you. I would have suggested you to go for the Onkyo 3700 system hands down because I have a lot of friends who bought it after listening to my 3400 and not a single one of them was disappointed. But, you have to see your budget. Go for Sony if you want to, but just know that their dvd cum amplifiers are bad and a lot of times they start having problems in 2-3 years from what I've seen. So I would not in any case suggest Sony. But if that's what your budget allows and if you're too lazy to build your setup step by step, then you can go for it. You will not get a lot of support for Sony in this forum for obvious reasons though.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back