checklist before buying ur new hdtv.

atulpilot

hey guys i am starting this thread to know how to check for problems in the hdtv before u buy.

the problems i know are-

checklist for lcd:-

1.check for hours of operation by going in the service menu, so u dont get a demo model.

2.to look for problems related to the specific model u choose over the internet forums.

3.look for dead pixels.

4.panel life expectancy.

5.screen breakage or bezel brekage.

6.loose ports of the hdtv.

checklist for plasma:-

1.1.check for hours of operation by going in the service menu, so u dont get a demo model.

2.to look for problems related to the specific model u choose over the internet forums.

3.look for dead pixels.

4.image retention.

5.burn-in problems.

6.panel life expectancy.

7.screen breakage or bezel brekage.

8.loose ports of the hdtv.

do u know more then pls suggest.

hi good post but could you tell me how would a customer get access to service codes on remote of various brands:rolleyes:
do u really tghink a dealer who is pushing a demo unit would give service codes to customer.
a simple and better idea would be to ask for a sealed unit and ensure that it is not resealed with a tape.:cool:

hi good post but could you tell me how would a customer get access to service codes on remote of various brands:rolleyes:
do u really tghink a dealer who is pushing a demo unit would give service codes to customer.
a simple and better idea would be to ask for a sealed unit and ensure that it is not resealed with a tape.:cool:

Try

Google

:clapping::yahoo::eek:hyeah:

doesn't the warranty gets void by doing that yourself (meaning by entering the service menu) ???

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back