Chord 2Qute V/S ExaSound E22

Guys, I did not want to share this post because I knew I would look like a fool but maybe someone else will not make the same mistake as me... I am buying the Chord 2Qute again as I have learnt (albeit the hard way) that after a certain price point the differences are not too much. Therefore I will stick with the 2Qute and buying it again since I am going to the UK next week and therefore lost a small amount due to greed and stupidity...

And yes, this time it is going to be my last DAC (Oops, I said it again)..

Good that you shared your post. It is a learning for many of us and it helps a lot for new guys who are looking for info on the dacs.

Thanks for the sharing the information.Now i can fully concentrate in my pre - power and speaker section only. No more head breaking over my Chord 2 cute DAC.

Absolutely sir...The 2Qute is a keeper.. No point changing it unless the difference is stark and your wallet has enough to throw around.... Better to put your extra money towards speakers...

Hi Rahul
Thanks for the info & inputs :)
BTW, if I may suggest, as you are traveling, pl explore any opportunity to audition Meitner DAC as well. Then you can take a more informed decision to pick either it or the 2Qute.

Yes, I agree that 2Qute definitely appears to extract more details and present them better than, say the DAC in my Oppo 105.

Also, pl do keep me in loop for any group buy on SHL5+..:)

thanks

Wow.. too many people interested in the SHL5+ .. Let us wait for the rupee to appreciate and maybe then I will initiate a group buy...right now everything is very expensive...

Mahesh, stop being such a spoilsport... Let us pray together as it will benefit everyone...

panditji, I think the rupee may not appreciate further in the near term. I think Rajan also confirmed during one of his interviews of the monitory policy reviews. But I also like you will hope the rupee appreciates :)

Mahesh, stop being such a spoilsport... Let us pray together as it will benefit everyone...

sirji

i am being real and not a spoilsport.

Like everyone else i too wish for the best.

But i dont see improvement ( in a real sense ) and so IMO you must not delay if you have the funds.

For all you know, the rupee may as well depreciate slightly.

anyways.. good luck !

BTW - there s an SHL5 in Hyd for sale on the forum..

regards

I am a sucker for bargains and can postpone the purchase... Quite happy with my setup for now so no urgency.. WIll wait for the rupee to appreciate...

The SHL5 on sale is an older model having changed ownership twice and is expensive for it's asking price as a new, updated one can be had for about 20% more approx...

puzzled - how is purchasing outside India unauthorized? Does Harbeth forbid customers from importing directly than thru their dealers?

Guys, not to go OT but I was the original owner of the Harbeth which in on sale in the forum. Just to clear up a few things. A new Harbeth Shl5 + in UK with rosewood finish will cost 3,479 which is approx. 3.5lac. Now figure shipping and customs and you are easily at 4.5- 5 lac provided you get a lenient customs officer. Even if you were to bring these as checked in luggage - btw they are big boxes will be a real pain to lug them around - not sure if you will be able to check in, I am quite sure you will be paying something hefty for customs. So figure 4 lacs in this route. Of-course assuming it is a business trip and your trip costs are not included.
Malaysia, where I got my pair, before India had a dealer will be cheaper but I think it will still be in the 3.5 lac range.
These are for new units. Used ones will be cheaper but shipping/carrying etc. will still be a hassle as well as customs.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
puzzled - how is purchasing outside India unauthorized? Does Harbeth forbid customers from importing directly than thru their dealers?

I know that Harbeth does not support units which are used outside their geographical area if not purchased from that region's dealer. So you are out of luck if you need repair - even paid repair.
Cheers,
Sid

A cheaper cherry finish works fine with me if it saves me some money... The Rosewood finish is for rich people .. hehehe

Cherry is Rs. 20k cheaper so not really by much. Anyways just a FYI - sorry for going OT.
Cheers,
Sid

Rahul I still think what you heard was difference between 2v and 3v. I agree cute is a very good DAC but still you can't compare DAC in 15 minutes. I will still say you better compare more DAC and specially Exa12 when you are in UK.
EXA is sold with 30 days money back guarantee in USA and Canada and no one will sell their products with 30 days money back guarantee unless they are pretty sure about outstanding quality of their product as compared to rivals in their price range and much above.
But if you like Chord Cute than that is the best DAC for you. Because ultimately it doesn't matter what reviewers say or I or anyone else say. You are the best judge for your liking and taste.
Exa is preferred DAC by many high end exhibits in Audio shows in USA.
I am feeling guilty for may be you sold your DAC on my recommendation of Exa. But I still hold my ground and we can compare again after 2 weeks or so.
Exa can also be used directly with power amplifier eliminating need of a preamplifier which is a big advantage.

Rahul I still think what you heard was difference between 2v and 3v. .
I have not heard any of the Dac's in question, but one thing is for sure in my experience, there will be significant difference if there is 1v difference in the source output signal.
Only way to compare 2 devices with this imbalance is to level match by checking voltage at the speaker terminal while playing back a test signal. Once the 2 devices are correctly level matched then an apples to apples comparison can be made.
Cheers,
Sid

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back