Chord qutest vs schiit gungnir multibit: best dac for stereo setup

Karthik mani

Hello FMs
I want to upgrade dac for my stereo system... I'm currently using modi multibit dac , musical fidelity m3i integrated amplifier and monitor audio bronze 6 speakers...
If I had to choose between chord qutest and schiit gungnir multibit( approximately same price range), which one I had to choose?
I also tried bifrost mutibit belong to one of my friends, it was good with more airiness and fair bass than modi multibit... I feel slight bright in my setup... Don't know whether it is due to the amp or room acoustics or it is due to dac ...
Pls give your valuable suggestions friends...

My vote goes to the Qutest....The Qutest takes less space and it's detail extraction is top notch especially if you plan to use the USB input.... But I would advise you to change the DAC only if you plan to upgrade the speakers as well at a later date...

I have heard both of them paired with my MA RX6 floorstanders , my preference is for Gungnir multibit, which is more detailed and analogish. If you are looking in that price range, one more DAC is Metrum Amethyst which I clearly preferred over Chord Qutest in side by side comparison.

Qutest is a good DAC overall, you won't go pretty wrong with selecting either of them but, it all depends on what sound signature you prefer. Listen to both and take a call. As @panditji mentioned its worthwhile to upgrade your speakers which will give maximum value for your money!

Thankq for ur valuable suggestions.. i will sure upgrade my speakers ... I'm thinking of getting MA pl200 in future...

Back