Chose: Denon AVR-1713

So if you are not going to upgrade to 7.1, then AVR1713 would be more than enough. As far as the room size is concerned, AVR1713 mated with right speakers will be sufficient enough to power your room. I think some one in the forum will help you in finding the matching bookshelf speakers.

Thanks Shanmune for the inputs.

So in case I plan to have 2 zones through the same AVR, should I go for the 1913 or the 2113?

Are all the 2 models providing the same no of HDMI inputs etc??

If you know pls do share the price points for these models..

AVR 2113 7.1 Channel 4K & 3D Pass Through, Networking Home Theater Receiver with AirPlay. 6 Hdmi in, 1 hdmi out. Zone 2 is assignable. Around Rs 49,000

AVR 1913- 7.1 Channel 3D Pass Through and Networking Home Theater Receiver with AirPlay and powered zone-2 capability. Zone 2 is assignable. 6 Hdmi in, 1 hdmi out. Dont have pricing info

Thanks Shanmune for the inputs.

So in case I plan to have 2 zones through the same AVR, should I go for the 1913 or the 2113?

Are all the 2 models providing the same no of HDMI inputs etc??

If you know pls do share the price points for these models..

thtpro has given all the details.

So in case you need to power zone 2 speakers, then you can very well do it with 1913 or 2113, but not 1713. We need to note that there is no any seperate zone 2 channels. Out of the 7 channels, we need to assign/re-use the 2 surround back channels to power zone 2. So in case if you are going for zone 2, your main zone will have only 5.1 channels. As far as the price, I can only quote based on what I heard.
2113 - 48k
1913 - 38k
1713 - 30 to 32k

any reason why you dint go for Q ACOUSTICS Q-AV , ive heard some very good reviews about it. it handles stereo ok,but the 5.1 upgradation seems to be very good and neat .

Obviously nothing can beat the normal speaker placements , but for those who are interior conscious , i think should go for this .

and where to get denon 1713 for 30k ? i want to buy one !

IMG_9199.jpg

Finally this is how my HT setup looks like. So despite no AVR/Soundbar, I love the neat/compact layout & sound is great. I intend to add a Centre & Sub soon.

1. Sony HX850 HDTV
2. Denon AVR-1713
3. QAcoustics 2010i speakers with wallstands
4. Sony BDP-S490 Bluray player
5. Tata Sky+
6. Wii
7. MTNL Broadband router + Netgear N600 Wifi router
8. 2 USB disks connected to the TV

any reason why you dint go for Q ACOUSTICS Q-AV , ive heard some very good reviews about it. it handles stereo ok,but the 5.1 upgradation seems to be very good and neat .

Obviously nothing can beat the normal speaker placements , but for those who are interior conscious , i think should go for this .

and where to get denon 1713 for 30k ? i want to buy one !

I checked the different AVRs available in the market, but then found the Left-Right speakers being further apart does make a big difference.. so I opted for the setup with wall-mounted bookshelf speakers as shown in the pic I just posted earlier.

View attachment 9521

Finally this is how my HT setup looks like. So despite no AVR/Soundbar, I love the neat/compact layout & sound is great. I intend to add a Centre & Sub soon.

1. Sony HX850 HDTV
2. Denon AVR-1713
3. QAcoustics 2010i speakers with wallstands
4. Sony BDP-S490 Bluray player
5. Tata Sky+
6. Wii
7. MTNL Broadband router + Netgear N600 Wifi router
8. 2 USB disks connected to the TV

Hai gsurya,

Me too bought Denon-avr1713 and Polk audio tsi100 bookshelf speakers. When I tried to playback a 3d blu ray disc using my Sony BDP-s490, it is not playing my 3D blu-ray disc. Did you face this issue? If so how did you overcome? My TV is Panasonic 3d plasma TV

Thamizhavel

Would appreciate a response from anyone owning a Denon 1713

The Specs show that it supports Dolby Digital+ and Dolby True HD codecs.

However much to my disappointment I find that it cannot decode AC3 / Dolby digital. This is the most common audio format most movies come with. :mad:

Dolby Digital+ is supposed to be a successor to Dolby Digital, so I don't know why it does not play AC3 streams.
Do let me know if you have any solutions.

I know from the streaming point I can convert AC3 to Stereo and then it will work. But don't want to do this.

Would appreciate a response from anyone owning a Denon 1713

The Specs show that it supports Dolby Digital+ and Dolby True HD codecs.

However much to my disappointment I find that it cannot decode AC3 / Dolby digital. This is the most common audio format most movies come with. :mad:

Dolby Digital+ is supposed to be a successor to Dolby Digital, so I don't know why it does not play AC3 streams.
Do let me know if you have any solutions.

I know from the streaming point I can convert AC3 to Stereo and then it will work. But don't want to do this.

Did you test any ac3 files or just read the specs? It is highly unlikeable that Dolby Digital is not supported in the avr.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back