Chromecast Audio - Help

jabberdust

Hi all..

In the process of unwiring my stereo setup I first bought a Logitech bluetooth adapter and used it for a while. No complaints. Convenient.

I recently bought a chromecast Audio and am using it with Wynk etc and it is
quite good. I thought I'd be able to play music from my Laptop to it and finally discovered it is not possible. :sad:

I expected I'd find a windows app/utility/driver which will sit as a playback device and I could select from the system tray and play happily ever after.

NOPE! I go it all wrong. When I told this to one of my geeky friends he almost attacked me for not knowing about media servers et al at all.

Why god? is this so difficult to achieve.. HELP!

Keep an eye out for Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba. They recently launched a mac version that supports Chromecast Audio. The windows version is said to be coming soon.

Hi all..

In the process of unwiring my stereo setup I first bought a Logitech bluetooth adapter and used it for a while. No complaints. Convenient.

I recently bought a chromecast Audio and am using it with Wynk etc and it is

quite good. I thought I'd be able to play music from my Laptop to it and finally discovered it is not possible. :sad:

I expected I'd find a windows app/utility/driver which will sit as a playback device and I could select from the system tray and play happily ever after.

NOPE! I go it all wrong. When I told this to one of my geeky friends he almost attacked me for not knowing about media servers et al at all.

Why god? is this so difficult to achieve.. HELP!

Am using chromecast audio on windows laptop and there is a app which you cast from laptop.
You can use either browser and the app to cast audio

Chromecast audio stream extension, chromecast tab extensions are not very convenient.
The Chromecast audio stream extension plugin is also buggy.

There is way to cast audio from laptop to chromecast audio by setting up Bubbleupnp server. I found it out very recently and I have not tried it yet.
Doing so you can steam directly from foobar via Bubbleupnp server.

Keep an eye out for Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba. They recently launched a mac version that supports Chromecast Audio. The windows version is said to be coming soon.

Airfoil already has a windows version and I am using it. Though it does not support CCA as of now, only works on UPnP. I use it with Moode on Pi.

Got foobar->Bubbleunpnp->chromecast working.
Very easy setup
1)Install bubbleupnp server
2)Install foo bar extension, foo_upnp
3)In foobar from the View menu, select UpnpController to select the chromecast audio device and play.

Could not figure out how to use the equalizer

^^ Thanks, even though I do not use CC for Audio, (I use UPnP (Moode), still I did not know you can use BubbleUPnP server to create a new renderer that supports CC. New info, thanks for sharing ..

Hi, planning to buy a Chromecast audio , but confused. Is it possible to stream content from phone through a cast app or Google home on wifi WITHOUT DATA CONNECTION. For initial setup and booting of cca data usage is okay but if i need to cast local music from my phone why pay for data.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back