Citibank Cards - New Facility

Just for fun Santhosh :yahoo: :)We are getting aggrevated :)

Spreading some warm words Inside close family circle of the person whom you are going to handover the assignments will make them comfortable and make them die for you to get the things .

Some more tips::

Be an driver thru out their visit to India / Get some gifts which they like to take to USA / Talk to them without any reason while they are in USA.

This can help you.....

Hi,

Also, since the Borderlinx US address contains "Borderlinx/DHL" along with the account holder's name, the US sellers, especially individuals, are hesitant to ship items to this address as they are reluctant to send goods to freight forwarding services.

Even I am very impatient, I cant wait for a looooonng time for something. It is really pressurizing to see the tracking info. every 10 times a day:lol:.

My budget for a projector was originally 25K, but after I started my pursuit, I was ready to go upto 40K to get the product ASAP:eek:hyeah:

Srini sir has a lot of patience and he never misses a chance to take risk!

Cheers!

Teky and Srini, ofcourse I know you guys are just kidding. Srini, thanks for those tips:)

BTW, my Logitech Squeezebox Duet has reached my Borderlinx address:yahoo:

Hi,

Also, since the Borderlinx US address contains "Borderlinx/DHL" along with the account holder's name, the US sellers, especially individuals, are hesitant to ship items to this address as they are reluctant to send goods to freight forwarding services.
Venkatesh, so far I have shipped three things(one from Ebay) to my Borderlinx address, but never had any issues. Maybe just that one seller who may have been a little sceptical.

Congrats on your squeezebox... May be i will have a demo after you setup and then look forward to buy in next deal. May be in my case i dont know how much i will utilize it ? I am planning by this month end to Bglr. Hope you will get it setup before that.

Teky and Srini, ofcourse I know you guys are just kidding. Srini, thanks for those tips:)

BTW, my Logitech Squeezebox Duet has reached my Borderlinx address:yahoo:

@ Santhosh - Congrats mate, Let our CC's keep crying. Do post your opinions for us, however I get it so cheap I'm not going to venture so early.

@ Srini - I don't think you will use it completely, do have a demo once in Bangalore. I know you are a video buff.

I am trying to register at eBay.com with Borderlinx address and phone number but eBay.com is not accepting the phone number provided (937-353-xxxx).

Any suggestions ?

Are you giving a US phone number? Validation will fail if phone number is not from US or if area code differs from address.

I tried Borderlinx Express shipping this time and had an interesting experience this time. Something I thought you should know so you can plan your shipping better.

Recently Subhash and I shipped two sound processors (Emotiva Sound Processor) costing 700$ each together in the same consignment. We decided to spend around 1k INR each and ship it through express shipping (2 to 3 business days) as we were both eager to lay our hands on the goodies.

From what I could make out from the tracking provided by Borderlinx, there is nothing really different from standard shipping. The Borderlinx->DHL pickup time is the same. Both use DHL express shipping. DHL processing time is the same. Route taken(Ohio->Heathrow->Bangalore) is the same. But, the package did land in Bangalore in 3 days at 5AM on that day. Nothing great, in the past, I have had standard shipping also landing in Bangalore in 3 days. And then, once it reached India, I expected it to be delivered the same day or the next day, but no news at all. I called DHL customer care, DHL office in Bangalore and DHL Gateway (near Bangalore International airport) and got to know that there are customs delays. Since the consignment's total value was more than 50k, it had to go through an additional\higher round of clearance. From the moment I heard this, I did not follow up after this for fear of being asked for more money (bribe). It took 4 and a half days(including weekend) and I received it exactly one week after I shipped it. But I was not troubled to pay up or bribe, it was door-delivered, no need to produce bills to customs etc. So DHL and Borderlinx still rock as a combo, they are very professional.

Lessons learnt:
  • Don't use express shipping even if you are in a hurry. It is of no use considering we have the uncertainty of customs delay.
  • If you are have goods of more than 50k, split it into more than one consignment and if possible have a gap of 3 to 4 days between the two;).

Disclaimer: This is my fourth time shipped throught Borderlinx and this could even be a one-off experience and I may be wrong, but thought I should share it anyways.

Last edited:
My shipment with Borderlinx is stuck with them and goods worth GBP1000s future is unknown. I registered with Borderlinx 2 weeks back using my citibank credit card without any problems. But when the time came to make the payment for the shipping my card was rejected. When i called up citibank the IVR said my card is closed. Few mails to citibank and they confirmed the card was closed in 2008 with nil dues and without my knowledge. Borderlinx will accept only citibank cards. I dont know how they accepted a closed card during registration. i tried to chat with them and regardless of what i type the reply is repeated "sorry, we only accept citibank card". midway the chat was terminated by the agent! guys, there is no way other than to go to belgium where they claim to have an office. i dont know who to contact or where. I have sent them an email and hoping they will help me some how to recover it.

My shipment with Borderlinx is stuck with them and goods worth GBP1000s future is unknown. I registered with Borderlinx 2 weeks back using my citibank credit card without any problems. But when the time came to make the payment for the shipping my card was rejected. When i called up citibank the IVR said my card is closed. Few mails to citibank and they confirmed the card was closed in 2008 with nil dues and without my knowledge. Borderlinx will accept only citibank cards. I dont know how they accepted a closed card during registration. i tried to chat with them and regardless of what i type the reply is repeated "sorry, we only accept citibank card". midway the chat was terminated by the agent! guys, there is no way other than to go to belgium where they claim to have an office. i dont know who to contact or where. I have sent them an email and hoping they will help me some how to recover it.

Why don't u use the citibank card of one of your friends or relatives to make the broderlinx payment? Ask citibank if this is possible. Go to the nearest citibank office & speak to a manager, explain the problem & ask them for a solution

Arvind

Is it mandatory that you have to use the same credit card that you registered with? If not, it doesn't take much time to get a new credit card from CitiBank considering that you were their customer.

Sorry to hear your situation. I have not tried shipping anything from UK. But I know Borderlinx gives you 30 days before you ship the goods to India. So you have time, nothing to panic. Do what Prashant has advised, apply for another Citibank Creditcard(should not take more than 10 days), edit the details and update with your new card details. I have just checked for you, there is a provision in your "Account Settings" section where you can change the credit card details. You will need the IPIN for this, so ensure you have that ready. All the best:).

Why don't u use the citibank card of one of your friends or relatives to make the broderlinx payment? Ask citibank if this is possible. Go to the nearest citibank office & speak to a manager, explain the problem & ask them for a solution

Arvind
The card has to be in your name. No point going to Citibank office, they don't know what Borderlinx is:D.

I didnt understand - how did you pay for the purchase if your card payment did not go through? So you bill twice? Once for goods using any credit card and once for Borderlinx using citibank only?

Regards

I didnt understand - how did you pay for the purchase if your card payment did not go through? So you bill twice? Once for goods using any credit card and once for Borderlinx using citibank only?

Regards
We don't need to buy through Borderlinx and the purchase does not have to be paid via Citibank. We can buy anywhere online and ship it to the personalised address that Borderlinx gives you.

Once the goods arrive and you want to ship to India, the Borderlinx shipping charges (customs, taxes, shipping) to India must be made through a Citibank Card.

I know this because I use two credit cards with payment dates far apart. I buy the goods in one and ship through the other;). This gives me sufficient time to afford some of these stuff. But it does get very unmanageable some times. Need to get out of this Credit Card cycle, can be strenous sometimes:)

Has anyone noticed difference in the duty shown in the total cost calculator page and the duty actually charged on shipping?

Though the duty actually charged seems correct (compared to 20north), but on the total cost page is shown as very low.

e.g for DVDs worth $155, I am actually getting a duty difference of about $18.

I have asked them about this an they claim that the actual duty will calculated on when item is there with them for shipping.

Has anyone noticed difference in the duty shown in the total cost calculator page and the duty actually charged on shipping?

Though the duty actually charged seems correct (compared to 20north), but on the total cost page is shown as very low.

e.g for DVDs worth $155, I am actually getting a duty difference of about $18.

I have asked them about this an they claim that the actual duty will calculated on when item is there with them for shipping.
I have found the difference to be less than 10% between the calculator and the charged actuals. But member manishk13 did mention that there was a difference in weight of goods charged (he was charged for more weight) in comparison to what the Vendor's site mentioned. When he checked, they mentioned something about volumetric weight. I have asked him to weigh the shipment after it arrives, we'll know then.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back