Classic Indian amps of late 70's

I have a phillips integrated tuner amp LH718 with full range drivers - never replaced. all functional, only the outer casing and amp facia's gotten aged..

is there anyway to get the facia of aluminium to look new and not old greeny ?

you will have to take it off,remove the knobs,get your hands on some colgate toothpaste rub it in good,and brush it off,using a soft brush,and wipe off with a damp cloth.Do take care you do not damage the decals.I suggest you tape over them.Alternatively, just wipe the faceplate with some Vodka,again avoid the decals.The voddie works like a charm.Not a massive alcohol percentage.Just right.

just an input (extension, actually). LG = Lucky Goldstar.

Goldstar! It is older name of LG!!:mad::mad::mad::yahoo::yahoo::clapping::clapping:

So sonodyne was also rebadger ---gusess from where their new technology is coming!!!
And all th bull and high headedness we receive from from their booth-bunnies (demo Babes) in exhibition!!!!

Anyway anyione noticed that all these Norge,Sonodyne,Cosmic, Craftel ,Arphi never introduced a CD player???

thanks a lot Mr Anil nice to see such beauties....

actually am new here just saw your postings...and i was amazed...i really didnt knew before that we had hifi equipments with made-in-india tag...

specially the turntables ... really are they manufactured in india...?
i thought that time if someone wanted to own an hifi he has to go for imported
stuff either japan or US...

well i am unaware may be because i was born in mid 80s and when i was in my full senses ...unfortunately vinyls were gone:sad:
any ways i still collect them round 300 i have now...:)

tc
ciao

very nice post......had the sonodyne uranus and still remember how the amp produced some hiss and hum when heated up.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

Those good old days.........:rolleyes:

Welcome to hifivision Saurabh !!!!!!
We also had hifi equipments from SOLIDIARE & MURPHY during 1980"s they were well made. Do you own a TT?

Regards,
Anil

FEVICOL as Vinyl cleaner :yahoo:
Yes Anil i do have TT...that to i have TWO as if now...
1):pIONEER-Quartz-PL 930 (Full Automatic DirectDrive)
2):panasonic-SL-H304 (Belt Drive)
with Technics Reciever-Quartz-SA-R177
love ;em All:)

Hi Anil,

Fantastic thread you have made, really have been happy reading the response from fellow members.... keep it going!

Can someone post pics of the Cosmic LAB 3000 Amp & the speakers that were sold with it??? I haven't been able to find these pics/ they are special as they were part of my dad's audio set up & i was a young fella back then!!!

I remember being face to face with these sansui speakers when i would visit a sansui service centre in Juhu, it was called V.V. & Sons.... i loved the way the wooden grilles were crafted with the intricate design... that was a long long time ago...!!!

Last edited:
hi, those cosmic amp adverts bring back so many memories....i remember when i was a 10 yr old kid, sitting for hours admiring these beauties on back-cover full page adverts in the Elektor magazine...really love these amps...never owned one though!!

Oh man COSMIC is what got me started out into audio.I still have my fathers Cosmic Lab 3000 MKII with the beautiful large VU's in pristine condition.I regularly power my Klipsch RF-7s with it and I am telling you this amp has soul,my yamaha pales in comparison,yes it is not as fast,but by god its good.Beautiful tonality,warmth and excellent power.
I also use the amp to power my headphones ,it delivers rocking power to the cans at a resistance level that just makes them sound better than any other amp I have paired them with.Still love staring at those VU's ,hypnotic stuff that.

There is a shop in Kolkata where a friend of mine recently bought a Lab 3000 ,they sell a whole bunch of other vintage stuff,all refurbished,saw a few technics some old akai's. Will give the number if anyone wants.

I was also thinking of creating a new set of speakers along the lines of the Arphi Aquarius using two 12 inch eminence or RCF drivers with a high end ribbon tweeter.Basically the Aquarius in a newer avatar.Two big 12 inch mid basses with tweeters crossed over at 2000 Hz.Just have to find the damn room to put them in hehehe..............

hi can u provide the no of the shop in Kokata which sells vintage stuff. Niloy 9773290497

Cosmic_studiodeck.jpg

Cosmic_speakers_01.jpg

Cosmic_speakers_02.jpg

Cosmic_turntables.jpg

Hi Anil fantastic
I remember those days when we used to listen to these models. Still some time I feel those stuff gave a better sound I don't know why? philiphs had a tuner amp top with a record player owsome!!

hi can u provide the no of the shop in Kokata which sells vintage stuff. Niloy 9773290497

Out of pure curiosity, is this guy's shop in Metro Gully, by any chance? If it is, then I definitely have been to his shop. He's got loads and loads of vintage stuff which he refurbishes upstairs and then resells. He also sells new stuff and has diversified into selling digicams and flash memory, recently.

Last edited:
Goldstar! It is older name of LG!!:mad::mad::mad::yahoo::yahoo::clapping::clapping:

So sonodyne was also rebadger ---gusess from where their new technology is coming!!!
And all th bull and high headedness we receive from from their booth-bunnies (demo Babes) in exhibition!!!!

Anyway anyione noticed that all these Norge,Sonodyne,Cosmic, Craftel ,Arphi never introduced a CD player???

hi
PAGARIA and T SERIES OF DELHI INTRODUCED CD PLAYERS:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

hi

norge ,cosmic and sonodynes are so called audiophile companies of india.
I feel PAGARIA and T SERIES is not in their league.

OR YOU MAY BE CONSIDERING THEM IN SAME LEAGUE ,PROBABLY EVIDENT FROM YOUR PAST POSTS. Like if you "upscale" mp3 and burn it on CDand play it on pagaria connected norge,it will sound better than Orignal CD playing on Marantz +MA system ...RIGHT!!!:licklips::licklips:

hi

Dear Changappa Please suggest as per the hi-vision standard.Do not unneccessarily waste your time and confuse others on unwanted threads and posts Comparing Local products with High-ends.If you know abt the product then give your suggestions.If you think that norge is a very good company and manufactures good amplifiers then why do only Mr.Shyam bajaj is Directly dealing in India,and sending to every consumer by courier,why none of the dealer having stocks like other Brands?

Think and reply
take care
cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back