Coaxial & Optical digital cable??

RCA is a type of coaxial connection. There are many kinds of coaxial connections. They arent considered analog or digital, it's just a physical medium. It's the type of data that determines analog or digital. For example, in early 90's we used to use coaxial for making LAN between multiple PC's.

Last edited:
Actually, I don't know what the differences are between RCA and Coax digital cables. I was reading with much amusement a review of a digital coax on Amazon. The guy said it performed great but he thought it was unethical for shipper to ship only one RCA cable and that he had to buy multiples of the cable for his stereo set-up! :)

Did pretty detailed demo of high end coax and digital cables from straightwire raphsody series in my highly revealing setup against ~500 brandrige cables. All 1m in length.

Result:

No difference what so ever. No.. None.. Nada..
Get the cheaper digital cables and call it a day..

Analog cables was a great revelation though.. For another thread..

Thanks AP for lending out the cables.

I use Belkin optical and Bandrige coaxial and I am pretty happy with them.
Surprisingly, I had an A/B switching comparison between Chord Crimson Plus (Rs 2500) and Belkin RCAs (Rs. 600) for atleast 100 times, in 2 hours with dozens of tracks. Could not find any difference. Even if there was, it was too feeble for my ears. May be the weakest link is something else. As people say, as long as there is a weak link, upgrading other components won't show significant difference. But for now, I saved 2500 bucks.

I have profigold optical (Bandridge make) and I too haven't been able to notice any difference with it and higher end digital coax cable (oehlbach, chord) or Bandridge coax cable. However, there is a significant difference using Chord crimson versus Bandbridge RCA analogue inputs.

I use Belkin optical and Bandrige coaxial and I am pretty happy with them.
Surprisingly, I had an A/B switching comparison between Chord Crimson Plus (Rs 2500) and Belkin RCAs (Rs. 600) for atleast 100 times, in 2 hours with dozens of tracks. Could not find any difference.

Surprisingly enough, Iam using the same digital cables.

I also did A/B switching between CC plus, Bandridge IC, the difference was immediate and on the face. CC plus won hands down.
Awaiting Santhosh's DIY cable.

My earlier setup did not differentiate between any cables though.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back