Coke Studio Pakistan now on iTunes

sam9s

Hi Friends,

Just wanted to share the news which I was waiting for like ages since I listened to Coke Studio Pakistan on youtube, to be available commercially. For what ever reason it wasn't. Finally now in iTunes it available for download. Though its in AAC format (not flac as I would have prefered), it still is far far better to any recording available online including youtube. I just went bananas when listened to my fav coke studio compilation "Aik Alif" Aik Alif, Noori & Saieen Zahoor, Coke Studio Pakistan, Season 2 - YouTube

If anyone has not witnessed the music bless on Coke Studio, I strongly suggest for all music lovers to head on to youtube and search best of coke studio Pakistan and listen to every track.

Regards
Sammy

Last edited:
Its bliss to ears man pure bliss ........ Indian Coke Studio@MTV was not able to create a same magic, as Pakistan Coke Studio did .....

superb, soul stirring music...!! They give the HD video to download in YouTube too. But getting the music from iTune will be pure joy!

Friends,

The quality on iTunes is superb, far batter than any MP3 I have ever witnessed on my Polks. I was listening to this "Aakho ke saagar" by Shafqat Ali and must tell you the staging was just mind blowing, I dont know how Coke Studio recorded their music its almost as good as any FLAC. A must must download form iTunes.

Sam,

Thanks for posting. I have been looking for those recordings for quite a while. The pakistanis beat us all ends up there.

My favourite is Husn-ai-haqiqi..

Nikhil , wonderful choice ..

Amit

Last edited:
Sam,

Thanks for posting. I have been looking for those recordings for quite a while. The pakistanis beat us all ends up there.

My favourite is Husn-ai-haqiqi..

Nikhil , wonderful choice ..

Amit

You are welcome. The Clinton Cerejo series was pretty high quality.
Here is another one that I did not like as much but maybe others would.
"Banjara" with Vijay Prakash & Nandini Srikar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0fo6pjsiIQ

The reason I didn't like it as much is because I thought it was a bit of an overdose of Southern, Northern and R&B - comes off as a little too much at times. My preference would have been to just keep it at two styles - Southern with R&B only or vice versa. Still when you have an experimental stage like Coke Studio you are bound to have some songs that you like and some that you don't like as much.

The reason I think that Coke Studio Pakiston did well is that they keep it simple. In many of our episodes they simply try to "jazz" it up too much. Literally.

Last edited:
^^ Plus the fusion is top notch, when India tries to fuse music, I dont know for what ever reason it does not come up as melodious as it should. (Probably due to the same "try to jazz it up too much reason")

I lived and worked in Pakistan (as a journalist) at the time Coke Studio was launched. There was a lot of talk of the audio being released on CD but to the best of my knowledge, there never was an official release (though some songs were available for free download as high bit-rate MP3s on the official Coke Studio website).
Pirated CDs of all the seasons of Coke Studio were sold in shops all over Islamabad (but then almost all CDs/DVDs/Blu-rays available in most Pakistani cities were pirated).
Two of the reasons they did so well with their version of Coke Studio was because they got together a killer house band, including a drummer called Louis J. Pinto aka Gumby, and the show was produced by Rohail Hyatt, a composer-producer who is often credited for the emergence of Pakistan's Western-style rock and pop.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back