Coming soon Thoress EHT Integrated

At 8 ohms it’s 16 watts, at 4 ohms, it’s 32 and at 2 ohm it’s 64 watts. This is a conservative figure as per the designer. I don’t know the max output but at a very conservative level it outputs 32 Voltpp into a a 8 ohm load.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, hope you have fun!

Edit: Wanted to ask are there any home audio amps that do an actual 1000W or more into 2 ohms? Tubes?

This amp plays soft sounds with a fairly high level of definition. Also there is reasonable amount of body in the soft sounds. I have only heard this in super expensive amps costing upwards of USD 25000. In the lesser amps, soft sounds usually end up sounding a bit mushy or thin or ill defined.

This amp plays soft sounds with a fairly high level of definition. Also there is reasonable amount of body in the soft sounds. I have only heard this in super expensive amps costing upwards of USD 25000. In the lesser amps, soft sounds usually end up sounding a bit mushy or thin or ill defined.
Good to hear this Prem. Congratulations with the new amplifier. Longer the journey, the more you end up discovering the value of these smaller nuances in the audio chain. It is only when I moved to a well made SET amplifier that I realized how much we underestimate the value of " inner details " within the softer areas in music. These inner details can be heard better in the macro areas of music too. There is a certain magic to handmade, point to point wired audio gear. The "band will play" ( instead of "pleasant clear musical sounds" ) even when you reduce the volume level, if you know what I mean. I have since made a decision to never buy mass produced audio gear ever again.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response, hope you have fun!

Edit: Wanted to ask are there any home audio amps that do an actual 1000W or more into 2 ohms? Tubes?
Some of the older Krells and Mark Levinsons could do that. I think the KSA 150 could do 1200 into 1 Ohm and were used for amp killer speakers like some of the Apogee speakers
Maybe the Pass monoblocks are options in todays world

Amazing find yet once again prem..now have to find a reason to travel to mumbai !!!

At 8 ohms it’s 16 watts, at 4 ohms, it’s 32 and at 2 ohm it’s 64 watts. This is a conservative figure as per the designer. I don’t know the max output but at a very conservative level it outputs 32 Voltpp into a a 8 ohm load.
To amplifier to double the wattage at half the load the THD needs to be zero %

I don’t know of any tube amp that does 1000 watts into 2 ohms
My OB speakers have a 2 ohms load to my tube amplifier and they are just 3 + 3 watts.

Thanks for the technical inputs, Hari Iyer. I don’t know what the THD of my amp is.

Only an experienced and discerning audiophile looks for and understands such nuanced details Prem!
Thanks.

Amrutmhatre90, let the amp break in for a month or two. Post that you are welcome. My room is not perfect. It’s just the way it’s been photographed:)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back