Coming soon Thoress EHT Integrated

Some of the older Krells and Mark Levinsons could do that. I think the KSA 150 could do 1200 into 1 Ohm and were used for amp killer speakers like some of the Apogee speakers
Maybe the Pass monoblocks are options in todays world

Amazing find yet once again prem..now have to find a reason to travel to mumbai !!!

Were these older models tube amps? The pass labs I saw weren't that powerful on their website, and for the price I could (and would) buy a pro amp. My interest lies in seeing if powerful tube amps could be found for a reasonable cost. Apparently all the tubes I see are typically well under 50W and some might go up a bit to 200W maybe but that seems to be the hard limit. Even if these amps sound good they would never pass muster for output.

Tubes at these power outputs may not be available commercially. All these above are SS.

The Thoress was showing up the room a bit. One of my window panes which is behind the speakers was reverberating a bit. With the Croft, this wasn’t very evident. But with the Thoress, I could sense something was not right with the room. I was losing some definition and drive. I went back to my trusted rosewood cube. Affixed one cube to the top corner of the pane. The problem got solved. It’s sounding glorious now. I am really liking this amp.

The rosewood cube is tightening up things a bit too much for my liking. Music is not breathing as much I like it to. So out goes the cube. Now will wait for the amp to open up fully. And then try and solve the problem by repositioning the speakers a bit.

As you go higher up the chain, some issue or the other keeps cropping up :)

Last edited:
The rosewood cube is tightening up things a bit too much for my liking. Music is not breathing as much I like it to. So out goes the cube. Now will wait for the amp to open up fully. And then try and solve the problem by repositioning the speakers a bit.

As you go higher up the chain, some issue or the other comes cropping up :)
And that's the fun part of it.

Yes Satyaki. It’s the journey that’s the fun part. First you think you have learnt. Then you need to unlearn:)

Setting up a system is a bit like the stock market. After some investments you think you know it all and then it comes crashing down. And the learning begins all over again :)

Last edited:
Hi , Can you please tell me more about these Rosewood cubes and how does that change the sound?

Dev.R, the rosewood cubes basically work on window panels. It damps the glass a bit thereby reducing the resonance. It completely removes the glass chatter quietening the background. It used to work very well when I had the Rethms and the Liveline cables. From the time I moved over to JBL and basic Radio Shack cables, the rosewood cubes did not work the way they used to. The moment I put them yesterday it sounded very good. So I got excited. But normally it takes a day to settle down. So today it damped the upper frequency a bit too much for my liking. It’s a fun experiment worth trying. It could go either way.

As you go higher up the chain, some issue or the other keeps cropping up :)
Single cube, or array?

The window pane problem has been sorted. The glass pane was slightly moving around in the window frame. So that got fixed today.

Listened to the amp for about 5 hours today.
Of all the amps I have owned in the last 30 years, which includes SET, PP, hybrid, SS and OTL, the Thoress is the most alive sounding.

75 hours now with the Thoress. Christmas was spent finalising speaker position. Took a little while but finally got done to my liking. Another 25-30 hrs and amp should settle down completely.

The 15 watt Thoress puts out more bass than the 55 watt Croft which itself was not a slouch.

75 hours now with the Thoress. Christmas was spent finalising speaker position. Took a little while but finally got done to my liking. Another 25-30 hrs and amp should settle down completely.

The 15 watt Thoress puts out more bass than the 55 watt Croft which itself was not a slouch.
Apologies if you have mentioned this before. What speakers are you pairing them with? Are you using a subwoofer?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back