Component Video Cable

Hi,
can anybody tell me where to get branded (like panasonic) component video cable in Chennai (preferably not too far from adyar)?. I could only find some Chinese made ones in local stores.
Thanks in advance,

Should be available on a shop located on LB Road on the left side when coming from Adyar Signal to the Telephone exchange. They majorly deal with computer peripherals

Iam currently using SUN Direct DTH installed on composite input of the TV.

Today, I found an extra pair of RCA cable which came with a DVD payer. Connected the component out of STB to component in of the TV using this cable. Tuned both inputs to SAME picture settings in the TV.

Result: No change in picture quality what so ever. :(

I have earlier seen the TATA Sky+ connected to component vs composite making marked difference to PQ myself. (This could be due to different settings in different connections.. Not sure..)

Now,

1) I know Iam not using the ideal cables.. But will it make any difference if I use component cables?

2) The distance between the STB and TV is hardly 2 feet (same table). Will a dedicated component cable make a difference as compared to the RCA even in this small a distance?

In my experience, we wont get any difference b/n them in small screens, say less than 40" at a distance less than 10ft. However we can find the difference with screen size greater then 40". In my case I could see a significant difference b/n them on a 47" LCD and Projector (115") at a distance ~13 to 14ft. Using better cables will definitely increase the gap b/n them.

In my experience, we wont get any difference b/n them in small screens, say less than 40" at a distance less than 10ft. However we can find the difference with screen size greater then 40". In my case I could see a significant difference b/n them on a 47" LCD and Projector (115") at a distance ~13 to 14ft. Using better cables will definitely increase the gap b/n them.

Well, Its stands till today that with 42" plasma TV at 10 feet, No difference between composite and component inputs for SUN Direct DTH under SAME picture settings for composite and component inputs.. :mad:

Hi
Can somebody give pointers to buy good quality Component Video cable. I dont want to spend too much of money on buying best brands like monster or so..
i have had couple cables bought from SJP road area here in Bangalore. First one worked for almost two years and now the second one has broken down in 8 months..they are good cable, i found good performance as long as they work but you never know when they break down :(

Suddenly the screen goes blank, when cross connect other cable, i find either blue or Red screen..i dont know why..

thnx
vadiraj

Many people have written. Just my 2 cents, please...

It depends on where you want to use the component video cable. I use them between DVD player and AV receiver and from the latter to my 55" RPTV at home. They certainly give you noticeably better pictures compared to composite or S-video cables.

Here I have a 32" Sharp LCD TV and a good set-top box for cable TV. I was using composite video cable but recently the cables guys upgraded the box and the new one comes with component video connections. Based on my home experience, I spent money for a component video cable set of Monster and all I can say is that it looks like I lost my money. There is absolutely no difference.

As someone else said, they make sense with bigger TVs and DVD watching but not for cable watching from my experience too.

By the way, I use Supra component video cables at home. They are very sanely priced and give excellent performance. I don't know whether anyone from India sells them. I got mine through Internet order.

Trust this helps before you spend your money.

By the way, someone in this forum mentions 75 ohm for component video cables. As far as I know, that is for digital cable and wonder whether a component video cable has to be strictly 75 ohm. Any takers?

cheers.
murali

Can you give some details about the Cable set top box..

BTW I have upgraded my TV to an 37" FHD. I am using HDMI between my BD player and TV and use Audioquest Optical cable between my Yamaha reciever and speakers (my yamaha does not have HDMI) :sad:

Cheers >>>
vadiraj

Can you give some details about the Cable set top box..

BTW I have upgraded my TV to an 37" FHD. I am using HDMI between my BD player and TV and use Audioquest Optical cable between my Yamaha reciever and speakers (my yamaha does not have HDMI) :sad:

Cheers >>>
vadiraj

It is called a cable set-top box in this part of the world but is the same as what you get from a SunDirect or Asianet satellite box back at home. I am not aware of these companies and others in India giving a box with the dish antenna equipped with component video connectors. I have a Asianet box back at home which has only composite video and not even S-video.

I don't understand your using an optical cable between your Yamaha receiver and "speakers"!

As far as I know, the coaxial digital cable is far better than an optical cable as it gives wider bandwidth which is a must for digital audio.

I am also not a fan of Audioquest in digital and video cables though I use their audio cables like King Cobra, Cheetah and Sky which are exemplary. If you are looking for a digital coaxial cable, try the Stereovox (I am using that between my Pioneer DVD player and Rotel A/V processor) which is a mighty performer and an excellent value for money. It replaced a van den Hul digital cable I used earlier.

I have never used HDMI cable and so can't say anything about it. My home theater system is fairly simple with a Pioneer DV-LX50 DVD player, Rotel RSP-1068 processor and Rotel RMB-1075 multichannel amp serving the center and surround speakers. The fronts are integrated to my hifi system from the Rotel processor preamp outputs to the Audio Research Reference 3 line-stage (through its unity gain processor input), Ayre V-5xe power amp and Vandersteen 2Ce Signature speakers. My center speaker is another Vandy (VCC-1) and surrounds also Vandy (VSM-1).

Good luck and happy listening and viewing.

murali

Supra is sold by Lakozy in Mumbai. But they never give any fix prices so you have to be careful

i m looking to purchase a component cable to connect my MTNL IPTV STB with my AVR, output to prj. Please suggest good quality 1m cables..
I am thinking for profigold/supra/qed/belden+interconnect

I have been quoted for belden Rs1500 per metre + Rs200 for each interconnect = 2700
profigold = 7k (strange when the retail price on internet is GBP 45)
supra is around GBP 80

i m thinking for a 2-3k VFM cable..
any suggestiions?

narrowed it down to either supra AV3@700 per metre or belden@1200 per metre..
which one should i go for..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back