Concept Series vs HECO Aurora

kannapi2

Friends,

I'm trying to upgrade my HT right now .
Going through some the options , I have shortlisted 2 of them .
HECO aurora series 5.0 and QAcoustics Concept series 5.0

They are both being offered at more or less the same price . It's not easy to get an audition here as they don't have them in ready stock .

Aurora 700+ Aurora 200+ Aurora Center
Concept 40+ Concept 20+ Concept Center

AVR - Denon 4700
SubWoofer - QAcoustics QB 12

Which one would be a better option .
HECO or QAcoustics????

Use will be 75% movies 15% music and some casual gaming and YouTubing .

Thanks in Advance ..

Friends,

I'm trying to upgrade my HT right now .
Going through some the options , I have shortlisted 2 of them .
HECO aurora series 5.0 and QAcoustics Concept series 5.0

They are both being offered at more or less the same price . It's not easy to get an audition here as they don't have them in ready stock .

Aurora 700+ Aurora 200+ Aurora Center
Concept 40+ Concept 20+ Concept Center

AVR - Denon 4700

Which one would be a better option .
HECO or QAcoustics????

Use will be 75% movies 15% music and some casual gaming and YouTubing .

Thanks in Advance ..
Hi,
Haven't heard the hecos. But you can't go wrong with the qa concept 40s.
Beautiful highs, and very solid. Especially since you are pairing them with a sub.
If possible, add a few more options to check out in the same price. Call Bangalore, chennai dealers en masse, set aside one day trip to each city and listen to more speakers in your same budget.
Regards

Btw, what's the current set up, and how big is the room?
Will help FMs guide you better...

Travelling from South Kerala may not be easy . That's a huge obstacle for me ..
They are both offered at 1.2Lakhs for 5.0 here
Room is a 13×10 feet one .

Already have
AVR - Denon 4700
Media from 2017 Nvidia Shield .
BenQ w1070 projector . Using since 2016 November

I personally prefer bigger drivers for the center speakers. YMMV.

That said, I haven't heard either setups. But, QA do make wonderful speakers.

Already have
AVR - Denon 4700
If auditioning is really a constraint, I can tell you the Concept 40s are second to none. (Haven't heard the Centre or the surrounds)
The only drawback I can point to is the lack of lows by themselves, which is not a problem for you, since you already have a sub.
The high points are (again to my ears) true neutrality and a very, very warm top end.
Now, you need to imagine if that works for you. Hard to explain, but if I have to venture, trust me, they will put you to sleep if you put some melody on at bedtime.

And your price is really tasty for 5.0. Last I checked, the Concept 40s were retailing at 90K-ish a pair. So, it's a great deal. If you really are hard pressed (for time and travel), and can't get an opinion on the Hecos, no harm at all going for the Concepts.
Wishing you the best.

Already have
AVR - Denon 4700

Man you are getting a pretty sweet deal. You won't go wrong either way, but in on paper HECO aurora series has much better specs and frequency response.
Like others suggested, the concept series lacks a bit of low end and it shows on the specs too. I would go with HECO series, lot of reviewers loved these but again it can be taken with a pinch of salt.
The QB12 blends with Q Acoustics so good that you will feel the bass is coming from the speakers themselves. That being said I have not tested the QB12 with other speakers, it might be similar.

I would vote for HECO cause all of the speakers are better than the Concept series, they are have higher sensitivity so will be easier to drive. This concept series is soon to get replaced. It has been available for some years, the HECO is slightly newer and looks promising.

Check out this review if possible.

The HECO 700 alone costs more than the entire package!!!

Very well said @k-pad
@kannapi2 you need to check the authenticity and nothing is fishy.
Amrutbhai, seriously!
HiFi Mart prices:
Concept 40: ₹119,900.00 (My last offer from another dealer was 95,000)
Concept 20: ₹47,600.00
Concept Centre: ₹33,900.00

@kannapi2 's prices are really mouth-watering.
Just wanted him to be sure and safe.

+1, if these are the prices one gets in South, I am ready to drive from Mumbai to get the speakers!
In TV threads, south people are cursing dealers. :D
But I have noticed speaker and component prices are really forgiving down south, from personal experience.
Again, as i said, just wanted to give OP a heads up.

I think the dealer is reliable . Shop is nearby only, from my house . Shop is small but deals good quantities . Denon authorised service center here also directed me there when I went for servicing my old Yamaha AVR .
I bought Denon 4700 from him at 1.20 lakhs on 23rd September , but then the prices rose sharply he said ...He quoted 1.05 for 3700, 62 for 2700 and 1.15 for Marantz 6015 back then .. bought QB12 at 41,500 , 2 weeks back . Happy to share contact if someone needs .

I think the dealer is reliable . Shop is nearby only, from my house . Shop is small but deals good quantities . Denon authorised service center here also directed me there when I went for servicing my old Yamaha AVR .
I bought Denon 4700 from him at 1.20 lakhs on 23rd September , but then the prices rose sharply he said ...He quoted 1.05 for 3700, 62 for 2700 and 1.15 for Marantz 6015 back then .. bought QB12 at 41,500 , 2 weeks back . Happy to share contact if someone needs .
That's good to hear, friend. Audition them both.
Actually, please do me a favour and listen to the Heco on-walls if they have it, and let me know what you think of them?
Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back