Configuration for music

abracher9

I am considering setting up stereo configuration for MUSIC only.
These are the parameters:

Budget: 60K (For CDP, Amp, Speakers)
Room Size: 12x14
Music pref: Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Scorpions, Deep Purple, even Richard Clayderman sometimes!
Audition: Ive heard Jamo C407/406+Marantz, Dali Concept 6.
Questions: Is it better to have a 3 way speaker system over a 2 way?

All advice is welcome!!

The choice of 3 way vs 2 way depends on your room size / acoustics and your listening preferences.

Based on your budget, it may be wise to go for a 2 way speakers now and add the sub later.

There are quite a few combos suggested in this forum such as NAD+PSB, ROTEL+B&W etc. Encourage you to search the same and audition these.

I am considering setting up stereo configuration for MUSIC only.
These are the parameters:

Budget: 60K (For CDP, Amp, Speakers)
Room Size: 12x14
Music pref: Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Scorpions, Deep Purple, even Richard Clayderman sometimes!
Audition: Ive heard Jamo C407/406+Marantz, Dali Concept 6.
Questions: Is it better to have a 3 way speaker system over a 2 way?

All advice is welcome!!

In your budget of 60K for three audio components, a 2 way system is a good choice. So that you can do justice to all three pieces. Let me also tell you that a decent CDP and connectors will take roughly about one-third of this budget.

In any case, 2way or 3way they have to be BS. You can not fit in FS. BTW Polk TSi 200 is a 3 way. you may like to audition.

It would be easier for you if you decide on amp/speaker and then try to pair. Else you may keep getting confused.

You may audition Marantz, Denon 1611, NAD with Wharfedale 9.2/Paradigm Titan Monitor. But you have to trust YOUR ears. Happy hunting.

For stereo dont get a DTS receiver get a Stereo amp from marantz why yo didnt specify and CDP a dedicated CDP will Give huge difference
marantz c407 is some what good i have heard
but dont buy speakers with reviews audition your self and buy it of your choice

I have gone through the numerous threads and the search seems to be narrowing down to Wharfadale 9.5 + Marantz PM6003. What CDP would go along keeping in mind the budget? I can extend the budget to 70K.
Any Ideas?

PS: Is Marantz PM 7001 available in Delhi? Price and where?(I'm told its no longer in production. I believe its a good match with Wharfedale 9.5.

Last edited:
I have gone through the numerous threads and the search seems to be narrowing down to Wharfadale 9.5 + Marantz PM6003.

Though the Wharfedale 9.5s are a good choice, I would strongly suggest you audition them before buying them. People have a love/hate relationship with Wharfedales.

Cheers

I have gone through the numerous threads and the search seems to be narrowing down to Wharfadale 9.5 + Marantz PM6003. What CDP would go along keeping in mind the budget? I can extend the budget to 70K.
Any Ideas?

PS: Is Marantz PM 7001 available in Delhi? Price and where?(I'm told its no longer in production. I believe its a good match with Wharfedale 9.5.

Marantz CD6003 matches well with PM6003. I dont any idea of its cost.Maybe someone else can throw light on the price. Yes, Wharfedale matches well Marantz.

imo in this range a better quality bookshelf speaker is better than the floorstander. to get an idea go to the monitor audio outlet and listen to the silver series rx2 bookshelf and compare it to the bronze series floorstanders

Marantz PM7003 @ 34000/-
Marantz PM6003 @ 28000/-
Marantz CD5003 @ 20000/-

All these from the hometheatrestore.com in Delhi.
Are these available for lower prices anywhere in Delhi?

Marantz PM7003 @ 34000/-
Marantz PM6003 @ 28000/-
Marantz CD5003 @ 20000/-

All these from the hometheatrestore.com in Delhi.
Are these available for lower prices anywhere in Delhi?

Man these prices are total rip off. I remember reading PM6003 for 20K somewhere in the forum. You can reduce accordingly for others.

There are many shops in Delhi. You can check the related thread. One of them is Bass n Treble. Visit the shops in person for realistic prices.

Man these prices are total rip off. I remember reading PM6003 for 20K somewhere in the forum. You can reduce accordingly for others.

There are many shops in Delhi. You can check the related thread. One of them is Bass n Treble. Visit the shops in person for realistic prices.

I checked with Bass n Treble on phone, they quoted PM7003 at 40,000!!
What other places do you suggest I check up on in Delhi? Will be grateful for the input.

Check out Lakozy in Lajpat Nagar....they stock the entire range of NAD amplifiers and PSB speakers. You can hear all the equipment at different price points and then take your decision....
Their imagine series of speakers is excellent value for money and would do well with your kind of music.
Contact Ashish Kesarwani at 9910041260 for a demo....

Trinity Music at Rajauri Garden is quoting CD5003@18000 and PM 6003@23500. Will this be a good combo with Wharfedale 9.5?

Trinity Music at Rajauri Garden is quoting CD5003@18000 and PM 6003@23500. Will this be a good combo with Wharfedale 9.5?

Yes. Marantz and Wharfedale gel pretty well. You may also like to audition Paradigm Monitor 7 for your taste of music. But its little costlier than Wharfedales by about 5k.

Norge 1000 + Marantz CD5003 + Wharfedale 9.5 is also what I'm considering. What's the opinion? It'll help me save about 10K. But what is the aesthetics of Norge 1000?

Norge 1000 + Marantz CD5003 + Wharfedale 9.5 is also what I'm considering. What's the opinion? It'll help me save about 10K. But what is the aesthetics of Norge 1000?

You should not be really bothered about the aesthetics. If you are than Marantz of course would fare.

nad+psb is a very good option as suggested by panditji. Go for an audition at lajpatnagar at our friendly dealer.
Audition and decide. Have you auditioned wharf/ marantz combo as yet?

Placed an order for Norge 1000 with Mr Bajaj. Will go in for Norge + Wharf combo for the present, upgrade to Marantz PM next year

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back