Confused between Elac Cinema 5 and Polk TL1600

pravinksh

Hi Guys
Wanna Built a Budget Home theater for the Living room size 18x12 which speaker package should be good in a Budget range
Have shortlisted Elac Cinema 5 and Polk Audio TL1600 Blackstone Movies 70% and Music 30%, sometimes Gaming
Along with that AV receiver Yamaha 3067, 3072 or Denon X250BT Which should I Go with Please suggest
For Projection Epson TW650
Please Suggest as we cannot audition any of these in our City so will be on a blind spot.
Thanks in advance

I have heard Polk TL1600 with Denon x540BT and it is awesome for the price. Good clarity and bright sound; very good for movies.

Since your living room is big, you should not go with x250 instead go with Denon x550 or yamaha avr485 (better than 3067 n 3072)

I don't know about Elac Cinema 5 but Polk is definitely good and an other option could be Taga 5.0 system

Hi Guys
Wanna Built a Budget Home theater for the Living room size 18x12 which speaker package should be good in a Budget range
Have shortlisted Elac Cinema 5 and Polk Audio TL1600 Blackstone Movies 70% and Music 30%, sometimes Gaming
Along with that AV receiver Yamaha 3067, 3072 or Denon X250BT Which should I Go with Please suggest
Please Suggest as we cannot audition any of these in our City so will be on a blind spot.
Thanks in advance

Audition is a must in most cases as you dont want your investment going to waste! Nevertheless, you can read reviews and even see some Youtube videos to give an idea.....have you visited any dealer in your location? Or folks that are selling pre owned systems in your location (OLX/Quikr)? This will give you a rough idea of what to expect in a good mid sized 5.1 system. There could also be some HFV members (FMs) in your location who you can visit and check....

Infact some make a trip to the closest city and demo various systems before investing.....never rush....make an informed decision....

All the best!

Hi Guys
Thanks in advance

It would be nice if you could post the confusion you have between these speaker systems and receivers? Along with that your preferences and taste. As each one has different preferences, their choices would also be different.

Personally I would go for the Polk system matched to a denon x1500 or its equivalent model. Drive them with a denon or a marantz receiver. Denon x1500 series or marantz nr series should be able to drive those polks to their potential.

MaSh

Thanks Mash as the confusion is the sound punch with Polk woofer as told early in the post I can’t get to audition any of the above products
Also have seen in some posts that the Bass is better in elac I personally am preferring Polk and have ordered Marantz NR1508 yesterday itself

Assuming these two speaker packages cost abt 35 ~ 40K, you can do a better system for the money.. The subs in the ELAC & Polk package are 8 inch ones..

A Taga TAV 5.0 speaker package for 22K + a 10 inch sub Taga TSW 120 for ~ 18K..

I would avoid audition.. Best is to buy online and put your system together..

Audition is a must in most cases as you dont want your investment going to waste! Nevertheless, you can read reviews and even see some Youtube videos to give an idea.....have you visited any dealer in your location? Or folks that are selling pre owned systems in your location (OLX/Quikr)? This will give you a rough idea of what to expect in a good mid sized 5.1 system. There could also be some HFV members (FMs) in your location who you can visit and check....

Infact some make a trip to the closest city and demo various systems before investing.....never rush....make an informed decision....

All the best!
Thanks efanand will definitely try and audition

I had auditioned the Elac cinema 5 & found that it is good for music. But with dialogues it was sounding more husky. If your major use is movies, I would suggest the Polk one

Thanks Mash as the confusion is the sound punch with Polk woofer as told early in the post I can’t get to audition any of the above products
Also have seen in some posts that the Bass is better in elac I personally am preferring Polk and have ordered Marantz NR1508 yesterday itself

Oh very nice, congratulations on the Marantz. That's a great buy.

If you are concerned about the bass, then look at just the satellites and get a different Sub either from Polk if profx can give you a nice deal, or pick the Polk RTi A1 for front and rear with matching centre along with a bic sub.

MaSh

Thanks Sahrook for your suggestions already purchased Polk T15 bookshelves T30 center channel and Polk 10in sub with Marantz 1509 receiver
Thanks
How it sounds on Music. Has marantz 1509 atoms enable if yes have you plan for purchase of surround speaker and Atmos speakers. Please mention me the brand you want to purchase

How it sounds on Music. Has marantz 1509 atoms enable if yes have you plan for purchase of surround speaker and Atmos speakers. Please mention me the brand you want to purchase
It sounds lovely more punchier although I have place t15 as bookshelves
And No it is not Atmos

The Polk TL1600 product a really good surround effect for the size of the satellites and do just as well with music too. The sub as you mentioned might not cut the mark especially in heavy action sequences but for the price i would not actually complain.

FYI i am letting go of my Polk TL1600 setup as i upgraded to Qacoustics speakers, but shipping it to Nagpur would be a very difficult as I am located in Bangalore :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back