Confused between LED TV Vs. Plasma

Well, I don't know about dithering noise.
May be because I sit a little bit far from my st50.
Most of the time I feed my st50 with low resolution videos from YouTube and it dishes out a good and convincing natural picture.
And when I see the same videos on my sammy or a hx850, I feel so happy that I went with st50 plasma.

I don't think there will ever be any plasma without noise. :( Although it's only noticeable when you watch from close distance.
yes there is some kind of dithering in S60. But the close distance that your talking about is, less than a foot. Tata sky hd/sd channels, for ex, from normal watching distance of 8/9 feet nothing is visible. Not for my eyes.

i suggest you opt for an LED I think it is more beneficial you can read about it as well this may help you clear all your doubt. I think there is Sony Bravia or samsung that i would suggest.

yes there is some kind of dithering in S60. But the close distance that your talking about is, less than a foot. Tata sky hd/sd channels, for ex, from normal watching distance of 8/9 feet nothing is visible. Not for my eyes.

agreed the dithering noise can not be seen from a far away distance but there is no denying that a plasma image is not very clean when compared to a led...so clarity suffers as a result.....but still i feel a plasma picture is better than any led
because the images are natural and realistic when compared to a led....guys hold on oled is going to be launched very soon which cnet feels that it has the best picture ever....much better than a plasma or a led...

agreed the dithering noise can not be seen from a far away distance but there is no denying that a plasma image is not very clean when compared to a led...so clarity suffers as a result.....but still i feel a plasma picture is better than any led
because the images are natural and realistic when compared to a led....guys hold on oled is going to be launched very soon which cnet feels that it has the best picture ever....much better than a plasma or a led...

Take it with a pinch of salt.
Cnet guy says that plasma performed equally well in dark room. Also he cynically says that every technology has its own drawbacks. He also says that clour rendition was same or lesser than plasma.
And he also gives 7 reasons why one should not buy oled.
9000 $ for 55 inch. And prices may not fall in near future due to manufacturing issues.:eek:

All plasma lovers will love OLED both being emissive display technologies.
But how long it will take to become affordable..

It will take ages, at least another 2-3 years if not more. Till that time we need to stick to our Plasma's and enjoy the viewing.

I have been watching video reviews of panasonic zt60 for a while now. And I can tell you from the sammy oled video review that though the contrast ratio is high (compared side by side with a f8500 plasma..not zt60 ..remember), the picture lacks punch. Zt60 picture is way way up the performance ladder. And with a price tag of just 2600 $.
Only thing one needs to do is to control ambient light on a reference panasonic plasma. I am absolutely sure that they will beat oleds , atleast samsung oled (and therefore lg oled) with respect to color pop, motion resolution and the essential punch.
I am only waiting to see how a panasonic oled fares with the zt60.

oled.....what can i say....deepest blacks....brightest whites....punchy colours....extremely vivid ....more than reference picture quality.....superior viewing angle....realistic images.....the ultimate hdtv experience ever.....move over plasma here comes the iconic OLED....

guys i think even LG will be one of the most prefered brand for OLED....check out this
A Visit to LG Display: The Mecca of OLED Panel Technology | LG Display Newsroom

http://lgdnewsroom.com/contents/videosnphotos.php?ts=16&tt=OLED TV

Let's stick to reality. OLED is a distant dream for now. 9000$ for a TV, i think those who can afford may buy, but the common man can put this money to better use.

and we don't even know the failure rates of these panels. I don't think these are an option for anyone unless you are a mining trucker in OZ and have no other alternatives to burn cash.

plus they need to get over their curved display fad quickly.

Yesterday I saw almost all video reviews of sammy oled.
Yes. Oled appears to be a true successor to plasmas. It improves upon the brightness factor and puncy whites which are traditionally lag factor of plasmas.
Deep blacks have appeared to have lost meaning in oleds which muster up supreme blacks in a very bright ambiance.
But they still lag at motion compared to plasmas. If this aspect is improved upon without the need for frame interpolation, then oleds would be unbeatable.
They would be a better proposition for plasma fans if price comes down to around 3000 $ or so.
I am thinking that Panasonic may bring down the price with the launch of their oleds. They also might bring in motion enhancements deriving their experience from their reference plasmas.

But still as a plasmas fan I abhor bright pictures. Given a choice and resources I would go for a zt60 than a oled .
The pictures on oleds are splendid but do not have the natural touch of plasmas.;)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back