Confused between LED TV Vs. Plasma

But still as a plasmas fan I abhor bright pictures. Given a choice and resources I would go for a zt60 than a oled .
The pictures on oleds are splendid but do not have the natural touch of plasmas.;)

Getting ST60 is becoming a challenge, where would one get a ZT 60 in India from. Specially for Plasma's, Panasonic does not seem interested in selling the latest models. They have some very good plasma models but lack of supply and will to sell is clearly showing .

But still as a plasmas fan I abhor bright pictures. Given a choice and resources I would go for a zt60 than a oled .
The pictures on oleds are splendid but do not have the natural touch of plasmas.;)

experts feel motion clarity is excellent on OLED tvs....they also feel that the images are very realistic and natural....dirac come on .....do you really want to watch the dull,noisy and washed out colours(sd) of a plasma for the rest of your life...come on dirac....get a life...

experts feel motion clarity is excellent on OLED tvs....they also feel that the images are very realistic and natural....dirac come on .....do you really want to watch the dull,noisy and washed out colours(sd) of a plasma for the rest of your life...come on dirac....get a life...

Dude. Oleds are exciting. But in the videos that I saw (which was eventually on my st50, not on my phone or laptop), I could appreciate the true blacks.
That means what. My st50 showed the oled video blacks in their true spirit.
That too in a room with a overhead tubelight.
My st50's blacks are natively stupendous.
Dull images?
If really lifelike images are dull then let them be so.
Saw a clip of Skyfall movie on oled video. It was looking like watching it on my samsung phone's amoled screen.
Noise? I can only hear to the one made by plasma haters.
Plasma picture is unique. Especially panny plasma's with their unique smooth processing. They really know when to let go rather than trying to enhance every edge they find.

you are right dirac...the more i see my s60 plasma the more i love it....images are so realistic and natural...plasma is unique...i agree to that 100%....

Dude. Oleds are exciting. But in the videos that I saw (which was eventually on my st50, not on my phone or laptop), I could appreciate the true blacks.
That means what. My st50 showed the oled video blacks in their true spirit.
That too in a room with a overhead tubelight.
My st50's blacks are natively stupendous.
Dull images?
If really lifelike images are dull then let them be so.
Saw a clip of Skyfall movie on oled video. It was looking like watching it on my samsung phone's amoled screen.
Noise? I can only hear to the one made by plasma haters.
Plasma picture is unique. Especially panny plasma's with their unique smooth processing. They really know when to let go rather than trying to enhance every edge they find.
There is no way one can know the black level of any tv by watching it on another tv,considering the camera can make a pitch dark sky look like day time with appropriate setting .

A OLED has much better blacks both during night time and day time.In night time its natively superior blacks+ brighter whites will increases the perceived black levels.Because the white can be so bright OLED and LCD can fool our eyes with better perceived blacks.
In day time again a OLED is much superior just like lcd its much better in ambient light then plasmas.

Last edited:
Ah. Was really wanting to hear from whathifi about the sammy oled. here it is...
FOR
Properly dark blacks
Punchy, vibrant colours
Excellent connectivity and features
Clean, crisp image
That curve
AGAINST
Could do with more detail and subtlety in the lightest and darkest areas
High price
No 4K
That curve

Whathifi compares the oled with their reference vt60(2013 award winner).

"When it comes to the extremes of light and darkness, the S9C could do with a boost in the subtlest detail and variation of shading the Panasonic edges it in discriminating between shades in both areas."

"This is unlike most LCD screens weve seen, where the contrast can suffer badly when viewing from the side. Motion isnt an issue at all, either: the Panasonic is a touch smoother"

"Our experience with the Samsung KE55S9C was an enjoyable one. It made a great first impression, and it only got better. As a sign of things to come, it has us very excited.

But would we buy one? Its prohibitively expensive, costing nearly three times as much as our current favourite 55in plasma, which offers a comparable picture performance."

4 stars.

So, guys.....Panasonic vt60 is COMPARABLE to samsung oled and ofcourse may look a little understated in terms of dynamism when seen side by side in bright room.
But Panasonic plasmas make it up with their accurate picture and comparable blacks in dark room.
I am totally impressed with panny plasmas.....:clapping:

@bhartiya
in 80k go for the panasonic plasma of 50 inches
u wont regret it
have been using plasma from pana since last six years
questions are welcome
presently have the 50XD -vfm

i think that LG will be one of the top contenders as far as OLED is concerned....here check out this video....download the video and watch it...you can really feel how OLED is much superior to any present technology that is currently available now....

OLED Introduction Video | LG Display Newsroom

agreed plasmas produce realistic images....but clarity it is way behind OLED or even LED....i think the success of led tvs is its clarity...clean dither free images will appeal to the majority than the noisy plasmas....if plasma is superior to led then why nobody is buying it...why panasonic is forced to stop R&D on plasmas and shift their focus on LED and the iconic OLED...plasma is not only dead in india but also globally....

Good but the question is when ? The local Panasonic dealer is hinting he may not get any stock this year. Talking about 2014.

if plasma is superior to led then why nobody is buying it...why panasonic is forced to stop R&D on plasmas and shift their focus on LED and the iconic OLED...plasma is not only dead in india but also globally................

I really have no reaction when i see such statements on the forum, don't even know how to respond!!! People who know about plasmas will continue to buy them as long as they are available irrespective of such statements.

I remember you had a very positive feedback after 51F5500 demo and shared in the forum. Later you bought S60. You had a plan to exchange S60 for F5500.
Why did you settle for S60 instead of LED then?
Just curious because your statements are toggling :)

i think that LG will be one of the top contenders as far as OLED is concerned....here check out this video....download the video and watch it...you can really feel how OLED is much superior to any present technology that is currently available now....

OLED Introduction Video | LG Display Newsroom

agreed plasmas produce realistic images....but clarity it is way behind OLED or even LED....i think the success of led tvs is its clarity...clean dither free images will appeal to the majority than the noisy plasmas....if plasma is superior to led then why nobody is buying it...why panasonic is forced to stop R&D on plasmas and shift their focus on LED and the iconic OLED...plasma is not only dead in india but also globally....

i personally prefer the realistic and natural picture of a plasma than the picture of a led....but what i posted was the opinion of the majority who are crazy after leds....

Be it as it may, the writing is on the wall - next year we may not see Panasonic plasmas any more (as if we saw them this year :(). Samsung may or may not decide to continue - I don't think that they sell too many plasmas either. LG is nearly gone.

Be it as it may, the writing is on the wall - next year we may not see Panasonic plasmas any more (as if we saw them this year :(). Samsung may or may not decide to continue - I don't think that they sell too many plasmas either. LG is nearly gone.

Does that mean that the death of plasma is inevitable? As this piece of news is coming directly from a plasma fanatic like you it cannot be ruled out. My wish of getting a plasma sometime soon has been jeopardized.

Does that mean that the death of plasma is inevitable? As this piece of news is coming directly from a plasma fanatic like you it cannot be ruled out. My wish of getting a plasma sometime soon has been jeopardized.

Yes. Death of plasma is inevitable. I am not a plasma fanatic. :) Many times I tell people to buy LED also. But I do say that plasma yields better PQ.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back