Confused ...

Both the technologies are best and still evolving and we can already witness the improvement in their shortcomings over the years. And unfortunately we are in the middle of constant evolution for which there is no end. As everybody is aware, there are pros and cons in both the technologies though the gap is narrowing day by day.

It is upto the user now to look into the pros and cons and what really matters to him/her, the usage and then decide on which one to adopt. I am sure, whichever decision the user makes, he/she will be happy at the end of the day.

This forum is great place where all the members are sharing pros and cons and make the whole community aware of the technology and which way the Home AV industry is heading to. Let us thank each other for this, and continue our best efforts as usual on this forum.

hey adder, yeah i agree LCDs don't lag by a mile in contrast and black levels, and there are some LCDs that do it better than some Plasmas....but on a general level Plasmas show better contrast and black levels than LCDs.....the LED backlit ones are a different ballgame, but apart from the high cost they come with some issues of their own(such as off-axis viewing, fringing/blooming). I think we must all wait for OLED :)

well i am not arguing i just posted to to clear the myths about lcds lagging by a mile in contrast and black levels as posted by a fellow member,also no plasma can give the claimed contrast by their manufactures,atleast lcds from sony post the static contrast which are atleast close to the measured contrast.even samsung and a whole lot of other lcds manufactures dont post the static contrast.
agreed that LED backlight lcds are costly but the blacks are 0.0 cd/m2, but there is nothing wrong in saying the info in this forum.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back