Connecting Laptop to Denon 1911 amp usinh HDMI

prabu

Hi,

I've recently purchased the Denon 1911 AVR and the Jamo A102 HCS6 5.1 speaker system.

Will I be able to connect my laptop to the Amp and play movies/music/videos through HDMI? Which HDMI port should I use ?
Any input HDMI should do? I've tried this but I don't see it working. I have a Alienware M15x laptop with Nvidia GTX 460 1G graphics card.

Any help/advice?

Thanks spirovious.

Changed the settings in Nvidia Control Panel, but getting only 2.1 effects. Was a breeze to set it up.

Checked a few posts in avforums which specifies that a reboot should do for 5.1 effects, will try that and update my experience.

Last edited:
If you have Windows 7 installed, right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right of the screen. Then go to Playback Devices, then select the HDMI output, right click on it and go to its Properties. Then set it up to output 5.1 audio.

In the Playback section I see
Speakers/Headphones
Independent Headphones
Denon AVAMP-3

This is what I did earlier. Right clicked Denon, selected Configure and specified
5.1 Surround In audio channel section.
Think so this is what you are saying which I've already done.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back