Core's Elements

Hey Corelement,
That's a very nice set up to look at.
Enjoy the sound :licklips:
Cheers!
Vivek

Thanks guys, I have some more pictures, havnt had time to put them up yet.

Nice! More about your setup - Do they have such pretty apartments like that in Gurgaon? Looks more like Georgia-Gaon to me :)

Cheers

LOL, apartments nothing but space man, space is like a camera, only as good as the person taking the pictures :p

Take any 12x12 room and dont spend on mosiac or marble and get wooden tiles instead and it'll look as nice. Another key element is discipline, good discipline = no trash in the room. No trash/unrequired elements = good asthetics.

So to answer your question, no :p I made the specifications for internal speaker wires and choice of flooring / colour / texture of flooring, choice of speaker colour, which desk from previous apartment to use in the room and which cabinet to use as the amp table. Led light bulbs instead of normal to save power.
Much before the apartment was in finishing stges. I'm quite glad it turned out as I hoped it would. Only missing htpc case and a nice screen. But theres time for that :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
very elegant setup. Few questions:

1/ Like others ahve commented speakers are very close to the wall.
2/ whats your listening position? Should the speakers require toe in?
3/ Use some absorbers like a carpet or a mat on the floor. This will reduce reflections quite signficantly.

Congrats.

Thanks for the suggestions but at the moment given my seating positions in the room I'm completely satisfied with the acoustics of the setup :D

Theres about 2 inches gap from the wall and even so the speakers themselves by nature produce minimal booming. It's a med range specialized tower so the drivers have minimal excursion to produce the kind of spl that causes boom. It's best range is around 400-2500hz Thats the main reason why I was interested in the e800/e875/c607 type of speaker. Not to mention they've got oversized ports that are almost 6inches in diameter wihle other models are 3-4inches.

Theres carpets on both sides of the bed and infront of all the doors and under the main desk :D

Last edited:
Here at the new pics I mentioned earlier

BEFORE ( Winter )

2w4we2e.jpg

AFTER! ( Summer )

aerx1d.jpg

The change in season is quite prominent lol

2v11d1u.jpg

A little view of the outside.

j73ivm.jpg

My work position

ir3pzt.jpg

The very rare AVR-693

2duwflu.jpg

E875 drivers, the med/woofer drivers have a hole in the center instead of the dustcap, the aluminium plug in the center acts as a heatsink to cool the voice coil.

fxckk1.jpg

E700 tweeter and driver, 1st generation hybrid Neodymium DTT tweeter with external aluminium facade and cloth dome. You gotta touch the e7's facade to believe it!

a14cwh.jpg

Rear e700 bookshelves

2ykxqgz.jpg

My nvidia nforce soundstorm soundcard with 1st gen Dolby digital live - discrete encoding control panel.

idl100-.5m.jpg

Stock photo of the digital coaxial cable by Monster Cable that I'm using to connect pc to avr.

Last edited:
Verrry verry pretty and good job with interiors and particularly with trash discipline :)

Have you tried moving the speakers 6" to 12" away from rear wall and noted the SQ?

Regards

PS: what is the expected lifetime of wooden tiles? How many decades before they will look worn and weary?

Yes, when the speakers initially came I had them facing me at 45' with almost 10inches gap from walls, then after I placed them against the wall I didnt notice any difference other than mior change in localization, infact there was hardly any air drag from the rear port as compared to my s718's front ports which had air movement like crazy! the s718's ports were like fans but they were also smaller by 2" diameter than the e875.

wooden floor if its taken well care of, and people dont drop water and shit on it ( again, matter of discipline, people abroad have the discipline, we can too ) should last about 1 decade in top notch condition, by which time we probably wont even be here anymore.

Yes, when the speakers initially came I had them facing me at 45' with almost 10inches gap from walls, then after I placed them against the wall I didnt notice any difference other than mior change in localization, infact there was hardly any air drag from the rear port as compared to my s718's front ports which had air movement like crazy! the s718's ports were like fans but they were also smaller by 2" diameter than the e875.

wooden floor if its taken well care of, and people dont drop water and shit on it ( again, matter of discipline, people abroad have the discipline, we can too ) should last about 1 decade in top notch condition, by which time we probably wont even be here anymore.

:lol: Good luck with the discipline. Good to hear about the results of your experiments with placement.

Regards

Well it has been two years and a long road. Many hours on HFV and much learnt. Made many friends (and hopefully no enemies? :p)

So thought I'd take some before and after photos 2 years after she was put together!

aerx1d.jpg

532rug.jpg

347iewz.jpg

w14nt1.jpg

The Jamo AVR 693 stacked on top of the Zalman HD135S HTPC with Asus Xonar.

Last edited:
Yep, it's the reason why I got the 135s and not the 160s because it was the only 3" rack that could fit a standard ATX and match my amplifier perfectly. Had to do a LOT of research and many months of ebay stalking for it. Totally worth the perseverence because it's designed by the same company thats called origen AE today. Previously known as dign lab. I actually got it for a steal at just INR 2000, totally worth the time taken for stalking. Just happened that one day a new black one and a new silver one popped up on ebay us for 40 usd and i pounced on it like a hawk and had it sent to a friend who was flying to india. It's worth like USD 350 and the build quality and precision is better than most high end amps I've toyed around with.

HD135_img05.jpg

The internals

zalman40.jpg

THE VFD display

remote3.jpg

Remote that came with it.

Last edited:
I strongly suggest stalking ebay regularly using zalman htpc as the keyword for their htpc case. It's better than most other brands by an arm and leg in build quality. You just need to have someone willing to get it for you. The 135 or the 160.

Last edited:
I strongly suggest stalking ebay regularly using zalman htpc as the keyword for their htpc case. It's better than silverstone by an arm and leg in build quality and aesthetics. You just need to have someone willing to get it for you. The 135 or the 160.

Love the cab.
Gonna scout Ebay for a deal .

One thing is remarkable - your photography.
What gear do you use for clicking ?

Lol, it's not that great honestly. I wish I could afford a proper camera but in saving mode for last 2 years lol. But thank you :)

This is what I use.

Sony H10 by praveenius, on Flickr

I am waiting for avid to arrive with his perverted comment / query about bedcover hahahaha

Did I ever comment ..... can't recollect .... maybe, something long time back.
You mean, the camera lying on that bedsheet ... it ain't a cover ... :p

BTW, adie, "Bongolis" have a 'something' for anything on art .... photography included!

Last edited:
core, every time I see your audio/ht room pics, I feel so envious! Just love the way everything is put together!

Hehe, well if you want I can always help you achieve a similar result with your room.
I'm a communication designer with strong preferences so I need to be in a very specific kind of environment to be able to do my work.

The kind that allows me to come up with concepts for work so need a blank slate in my mind all the time.
Coloured walls, dark floors and useless showpiece garbage around me are a total nono.

If you show me your room I can try my best to help you give it that kind of an open mind timeless, never get bored of aesthetic.

By nature the difference between a communication designer and interior designer is that interior designers ADD stuff to give the environment an identity. While a communication designer such as myself has to extend their mind into the environment turning it into an extension of our imaginative space.

So for example, a room with small small show pieces or colored walls mosaic flooring or dark bown flooring is very hard for me to function in and will dramatically affect my creativity/performance.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back