SETUP AS OF APRIL 2012 updated with Azur 840a V2 & Samsung b2230 22" TN monitor

Rml8n.jpg

Zq3YO.jpg

RHnqp.jpg

GNkKl.jpg

2zZX5.jpg

RmfSQ.jpg

Video of the 840a's volume ramp in action

Now for a special guest appearance...the hifi 2.0 setup corelement grew up, listening to:

The Philips AH-718 tube amp with tuner and Indian made philips full range sealed bookshelf speakers

KDhsz.jpg

mGACm.jpg

MT2Yx.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats corElement, Nice 2 setups.There is no track played in video?

Last edited:
Yes there is sound in the video. The sound you hear is the volume ramp feature. I was demonstrating it's on and off function.

A lot of people who complain about the volume ramp being annoying dont know that it can be turned off. I prefer it on because when im using the remote the click sound lets me know the volume increase/decreased. Plus it's a safety measure as everytime you switch the amp on, you dont risk instant high volume damage to speakers.

As for the 2nd setup..the philips setup has been there since 70's, it's my mothers lol.
It's not as good as it used to be back when I was a kid, 30 years can do that I suppose.
It's sound from the past is stuck in my soul :) Nothing can replace it apart from another good tube+sealed set.

i remember those philips speakers too cor.. my late uncle ( we were a joint family back then ) had it ( or very very similar... these were sealed suspension units ) + philips tuner + a stereo amp + LP player + 100's of LPs.. i am talking about 1975- 1980 .. years ago..

Dad used to work for Philips and he used to get.. i think.. demo pieces at fair prices for my uncle ( he never had any interest in stereo sound ).

My uncle passed away in those eyars and i was too small to do anything about those LP's and the stereo rig.

i guess that early exposure is where my enthu for stereo comes from too. Those were happy days indeed.

there.. i am almost shedding a small tear..in honour of my late uncle

sorry..

:))

mpw

i remember those philips speakers too cor.. my late uncle ( we were a joint family back then ) had it ( or very very similar... these were sealed suspension units ) + philips tuner + a stereo amp + LP player + 100's of LPs.. i am talking about 1975- 1980 .. years ago..

Dad used to work for Philips and he used to get.. i think.. demo pieces at fair prices for my uncle ( he never had any interest in stereo sound ).

My uncle passed away in those eyars and i was too small to do anything about those LP's and the stereo rig.

i guess that early exposure is where my enthu for stereo comes from too. Those were happy days indeed.

there.. i am almost shedding a small tear..in honour of my late uncle

sorry..

:))

mpw

That was a heartwarming story :) You're welcome to drop in at our place if you're ever in Delhi and hear them for memory's sake. They are in need of restoration but we've tried to keep everything in as good condition as possible.

Last edited:
Wow! 5 yrs - its the same amount of time I've been in HiFi, so can very well relate!

Its amazing to see even the back wall age! Brilliant time capture!

SETUP AS OF APRIL 2012 updated with Azur 840a V2 & Samsung b2230 22" TN monitor

Rml8n.jpg

Zq3YO.jpg

RHnqp.jpg

GNkKl.jpg

2zZX5.jpg

RmfSQ.jpg

Video of the 840a's volume ramp in action

Now for a special guest appearance...the hifi 2.0 setup corelement grew up, listening to:

The Philips AH-718 tube amp with tuner and Indian made philips full range sealed bookshelf speakers

KDhsz.jpg

mGACm.jpg

MT2Yx.jpg

Nice set-up. Neat and clean.
You may consider keeping the zalman on top and Cambridge azur below. Sustained weight on the DVD player may not be good. Just a thought.

Wow! 5 yrs - its the same amount of time I've been in HiFi, so can very well relate!

Its amazing to see even the back wall age! Brilliant time capture!

Thanks. Luckily the audio components havn't aged like my walls..or myself, so that's good :eek:hyeah:

Nice set-up. Neat and clean.
You may consider keeping the zalman on top and Cambridge azur below. Sustained weight on the DVD player may not be good. Just a thought.

The CA gets hotter than the computer so it needed to be up. Besides, the zalman is a decked out computer, ALL my audio is routed through it, haven't used disc in years.

Planning on getting an Nvidia Geforce 1070/80 soon.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back