Correct Speakers Phase - clarification

musicstyle

Hi, i don't know because if I invert the polarity of left speaker I found the correct phase.
I hear the bass are deeper and better precision without a empty in the center, typical of out of phase problem.
I already checked my speakers with battery test and also removed the two mid-woofer and I can see the internal connection are the same for both speakers.
Even with the amplifier that I used previously is the same.
And also with another pair of bookshelf speakers, I have to reverse the cable on the left channel.
I can't understand why.
I have just bought new Denon pma-900hne and before of this I used for many years a Sony Ta-f940r.
I have the B&w dm603 and other are Ess ps-820.

Please recheck all connections from 1. Terminals to the crossover. Then cross over to the speaker. 2. Since this is a common problem with all your amps, borrow a pair Iof speakers . If the phenomenon is not repeated then there may be an issue with the speakers.

Hi, i don't know because if I invert the polarity of left speaker I found the correct phase.
I hear the bass are deeper and better precision without a empty in the center, typical of out of phase problem.
I already checked my speakers with battery test and also removed the two mid-woofer and I can see the internal connection are the same for both speakers.
Even with the amplifier that I used previously is the same.
And also with another pair of bookshelf speakers, I have to reverse the cable on the left channel.
I can't understand why.
I have just bought new Denon pma-900hne and before of this I used for many years a Sony Ta-f940r.
I have the B&w dm603 and other are Ess ps-820.
When inverting the polarity, do you get a solid center image?

yes, if I invert the polarity of left speakers the sound is in phase, I have tested with all file uploaded and so the connection is correct.

I have noticed that on some cheap Peetless India drivers the magnet by mistake is miss oriented with the North and south poles. So even if the electrical phase is identical the acoustic phase are reversed in such case. Later someone told me that peerless India sells QC failed drivers in India market and I could corelate with my own experience. That's where I completely stopped buying them. Only a battery test could confirm this.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back