Cosmic Cogram 2000

Hello Suresh,

I am glad you were bold enough to adopt the DIY route and to know from you that it has paid off. How much did it cost you?

Regards.

Suresh, you managed to get the exact replacement counterweight from a friend, you also had placed on order to have one fabricated. Which is the one currently in use with your turntable - the one which you got from your friend or the one which you got fabricated? Just curious to know. Thanks.

Suresh, you managed to get the exact replacement counterweight from a friend, you also had placed on order to have one fabricated. Which is the one currently in use with your turntable - the one which you got from your friend or the one which you got fabricated? Just curious to know. Thanks.

Presently using the one got from my friend.

Regards,
Suresh

Hi guys..
i am currently looking for a belt and catridge for my cosmic co gram 2000 model. let me know if you have these spares or know where i can get them from.,

Puru

Hi All,

I have an old Cosmic Cogram 2000 with a broken belt. I want to replace it. Can someone let me know where can I get It.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I have an old Cosmic Cogram 2000 with a broken belt. I want to replace it. Can someone let me know where can I get It.

Thanks.

You may try at:-

Champion Rubbers
13, Shamrao Vithal Marg, Off Lamington Road, Shamrao Vithal Marg, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400007
Phone:022 2389 8436

Regards,
Suresh

I am just trying my luck and reviving this thread. Just wanted to know if an AT 95e cart could be fixed to a cosmic cogram 2000 BD. This model only has provision for one nut to be fixed on the headshell and not 2 as all the others. One nut would mean a fixed position of the cart, unlike the others where the cart position can be adjusted. Thanks

If you can post a picture of the headshell, we would be able to help. I would assume very few of us out here own Cosmic TTs.

Is there a rule that I can only send pictures after a certain no. of posts? No matter what I try, nothing seems to work. If I can explain it well then there is just one hole on top of the head shell and nothing else. I saw pictures of a few carts mounted like that on google. Any cosmic cogram 2000 BD owners here?

Dear Varun,
I recently got a COGRAM 2000 BD and tried its headshell. The single bolt on headshell holds a plastic squarish plate which has a tonearm lifter. This plastic plate has two holes where two nuts hold the cartridge.
I believe you can use AT95e. the headshell does not have facility to adjust overhang, so whether AT95e is suitable or not is still a question.
Do you have the old cartridge? If yes, then try to guage how similar it is if you already have a AT95e.

Varun, a warm welcome to the forum, noticed that you've just joined.

From your post I gather you are looking only for only cosmic cogram 2000 BD owners to answer your question. However if you don't mind, I'm taking the liberty to do so based on my 40 years of experience with TTs

From your description, it is evident that you are using a headshell with a single mounting screw. The same philosophy was used by Garrard in their SP25 MK1/2 headshells. The cartridge was usually screwed to a small plate which accommodated both mounting screws of the cartridge (called the half inch mount) and this plate was bolted on with a single screw to the headshell. The cartridge you have mentioned is a half inch mount one and hence you will require this small plate for mounting your cart onto this headshell.

Please read the forum rules for new joiners, all your forum related questions will be answered.

Oh, I was looking for anyone who could help. It was only my lack of knowledge about TTs that led me to think that this problem was faced by 2000 BD owners only. I spent one whole day reading some interesting discussions here and feel that I am in safe hands. As far as my piece is concerned, it does not have a cart, a belt, and the arm picker. Now I guess I have to be careful with my choice of cart too.

Oh, I was looking for anyone who could help. It was only my lack of knowledge about TTs that led me to think that this problem was faced by 2000 BD owners only. I spent one whole day reading some interesting discussions here and feel that I am in safe hands. As far as my piece is concerned, it does not have a cart, a belt, and the arm picker. Now I guess I have to be careful with my choice of cart too.

Is the headshell a detatchable one? Again, a picture or two could help. You don't really have to put up pictures by attaching them. You can upload your photographs on sites like photobucket and use the insert image option to insert the URL to the image, on your post.

Sir the headshell is fixed. I opened the deck and rubber bushes supporting the motor have also disintegrated. I took it to a gentleman who is an expert in electrical repair and he said that to get these parts is next to impossible in Mumbai. Even 20 years back he would get the belts made from a man who was in his 60s then. Now as all the old masters have retired, their sons have changed the nature of their shop to digital. I am still not giving up. I'll try and find the belts and bushes from some where or get them made. My bigger concern is the cartridge coils which run through the tone arm right into the body. They need to be changed and that would require some skill. It is so much fun to take up these challenges but DIY support in our country at times lets you down. Let me see how far I reach.

All the best for your DIY effort.
I think I read in diyaudio or in audio karma that people had used threads in place of rubber band to drive the pulley.
You can give it a try. Nothing to loose I guess for a trial run.
Please check for DIY TT to search how one used thread as pulley chord.
I will search again too.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back