"COSTLY" and Scarce after-sales from Xtreamer India

its been almost 3 weeks now since i MAILED EM BUT TILL DATE HAVENT GOT A REPLY FROM xtreamer.in

i really don't think much can be expected from them

they don't receive phone calls, they wont reply to mail..

Check whether you have assigned your AVR audio input for optical/coaxial ->yes and the HDMI audio -> yes, if you have assigned optical/coaxial input for HDMI input adisable it.
In your Xtremer optical output -> No and HDMI audio passthrough -> yes

Sometimes because of HDMI handshaking the TV has to be switched first and then the AVR. In my case if I switch the TV after the AVR then the TV speaker will be active and I have to switch the audio in the Sony TV from TV to AVR.

Can u explain the first part a bit ??

thanks

Can u explain the first part a bit ??

thanks

I'm having Xtreamer sidewinder model purchased last week. If HDMI audio is switched Yes the dts and DD signals are not passed thru HDMI. Then I switched Yes for optical output for DD and dts signals and I had to switch off HDMI audio in the Xtreamer and also I had to assign the Optical Audio Input for the particular HDMI port in the AVR.

If both the audio source is switched Yes then the AVR could not recognise which audio source it could take.

I had a similiar experience with my HTPC connected to the AVR with HDMI and optical output . The AVR couldn't recognize the audio source. I have to disable any one of the source in the HTPC and similarly in the AVR, then the AVR audio worked find.

Last edited:
Looks like Xtreamer got screwed because of their indifference, if you google "xtreamer india" the second link is this thread.

Well i was just going through a very long thread with many complaints and solutions, Here are my 2 cents on it -

1. Sumit has sold many units here on the forum and locally in India. I being one of the earlier buyers of xtreamer who bought it last year.

2. Support and service in terms of shipping and product has been good in case of xtreamer and i have hardly come across any issues with the xtreamer model, WRT to xtreamer pro, the product does have issues and needs to be sorted out.

3. I do agree that xtreamer has taken lot of us old customers for a ride where they promised hd audio out will work but have not enabled the feature on the old product and are stuffing the new porducts down the customers throat. That time itself i and few other members had made noise and expressed our dissatisfaction on the same.

4. Every new product will have it's pros and cons once it is introduced in the market. One can have a 2 fold approach here, either you jump in buy the product and become a tester and bear the consequences or you hold on for some time and buy the tested and reliable final product which has been running successful for a year.

5. I am happy with my xtreamer and its working fine, Sumit provided great support and has always been helpful.This one particular incident has flared up things badly and we have all members , even those who have not interacted doubting his commitment and support to the product.

6. Frankly i am dissatisfied with the parent company and not the reseller as Sumit has most of the times clarified on what he can do and what help can be provided.

7. Buying any product online of directly through the parent website also would have left with similar issues. So i will hold xtreamer responsible for the fiasco.

8. Also i do see, if 100 deals go good, all is well and one product or user end failure turns things around and make it ugly. Where everyone has jumped in to express their point of view and have vented out either on the dealer or the end user.

9. We all are gentleman & mature here and we should behave like one and be patient and resolve issues calmly, as ultimately we are all working to find a solution to resolve the problem.

My humble request instead of playing the blame game, let's work to resolve the issue, the product may have a issue or the user settings may have an issue, we have all the technical guys here in the forum itself, why no one has come forwarded to help close the same, as all the technical gurus are here in the forum itself. Thats how we have always solved the issues, i have never seen any dealer or reseller come forward to resolve issues.
Its just us and our knowledge and experience which we pool in to fix the daily issues that other members face.

Well i was just going through a very long thread with many complaints and solutions, Here are my 2 cents on it -

1. Sumit has sold many units here on the forum and locally in India. I being one of the earlier buyers of xtreamer who bought it last year.

2. Support and service in terms of shipping and product has been good in case of xtreamer and i have hardly come across any issues with the xtreamer model, WRT to xtreamer pro, the product does have issues and needs to be sorted out.

3. I do agree that xtreamer has taken lot of us old customers for a ride where they promised hd audio out will work but have not enabled the feature on the old product and are stuffing the new porducts down the customers throat. That time itself i and few other members had made noise and expressed our dissatisfaction on the same.

4. Every new product will have it's pros and cons once it is introduced in the market. One can have a 2 fold approach here, either you jump in buy the product and become a tester and bear the consequences or you hold on for some time and buy the tested and reliable final product which has been running successful for a year.

5. I am happy with my xtreamer and its working fine, Sumit provided great support and has always been helpful.This one particular incident has flared up things badly and we have all members , even those who have not interacted doubting his commitment and support to the product.

6. Frankly i am dissatisfied with the parent company and not the reseller as Sumit has most of the times clarified on what he can do and what help can be provided.

7. Buying any product online of directly through the parent website also would have left with similar issues. So i will hold xtreamer responsible for the fiasco.

8. Also i do see, if 100 deals go good, all is well and one product or user end failure turns things around and make it ugly. Where everyone has jumped in to express their point of view and have vented out either on the dealer or the end user.

9. We all are gentleman & mature here and we should behave like one and be patient and resolve issues calmly, as ultimately we are all working to find a solution to resolve the problem.

My humble request instead of playing the blame game, let's work to resolve the issue, the product may have a issue or the user settings may have an issue, we have all the technical guys here in the forum itself, why no one has come forwarded to help close the same, as all the technical gurus are here in the forum itself. Thats how we have always solved the issues, i have never seen any dealer or reseller come forward to resolve issues.
Its just us and our knowledge and experience which we pool in to fix the daily issues that other members face.

Sir ,
I Am creating a thread where I Will Start a thread Dedicated to Nationite Service in India ,I Will Try And Get all your issues ,I would never like to get i such a situation ever like this :sad: .Its Better To start Now

I just chanced on the thread and found a dealer being rude and insulting. I don't think that should happen online or off, and I do not think people should keep quiet about it.

Kind of funny to see one dealer trying to take advantage of the misfortune of another dealer. Thought "Birds of a feather....";-}

Why Lnyx should be strutting out their stuff in this thread, is beyond me? Do they have anything to do with Xtreamer?

Amarbir[Lynx-India];167844 said:
Well ,
Can Happen Once in a While :) ,But No One Intends To Be rude And Insulting .BTW i cannot imagine Dealer is insulting
I accept that we are all human and nobody's perfect, and that we all slip up, put our foot in it, loose our temper, at times.

If you read this thread (I don't recommend it --- except as an object lesson in bad PR) you will find what I said to be true, unless posts have been edited. If that is the case then all the better. I've withdrawn, with a blush, many a thing I said on the internet.

Best thing is to let this thread die away in history, unless Spidey has any further experience, good or bad, to add. I'd rather see a company learn from its mistakes and succeed than see it fail. Every time a thread like this gets posted to, it rakes up the issue again

A status report from Spidey would be good, though

Kind of funny to see one dealer trying to take advantage of the misfortune of another dealer. Thought "Birds of a feather....";-}

Why Lnyx should be strutting out their stuff in this thread, is beyond me? Do they have anything to do with Xtreamer?

Well, to be fair, Lynx guy is not taking advantage of anything here.
He is simply stating that it can happen once a while, after all, we are all humans, How many of us has not lost cool even once ?

BTW, I'm not a dealer :D

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back