"COSTLY" and Scarce after-sales from Xtreamer India

Maybe you've gotten lucky and dealt with some great customer service in India? I have horror stories to tell. I am actually not sure if that's a law in the US, but I can tell you that for anything other than perishable goods, from what I have seen the 30 day rule is upheld with no questions asked. Some supermarkets like Target actually give you 90 days voluntarily..

My reply to Xtreamer India policy stated on another thread by the distributor. Re-posting as it is relevant here and that thread is not showing for some reason on the home page.

My interpretation of Xtreamer policy

1. & 2.: If you are not interested in going thru product forums do not buy Xtreamer.

I have marantz, work, wharfedale, bose, sony panasonic, airtel, tata sky, samung, LG and many more brands. I simply do not have the time and inclination to become a member of all these forums in order to discuss and solve my issues as and when they happen. I want service a phone call away. All these brands also do not need service 99% of the time.

3. & 4.: Even if you are supplied a dud unit, be prepared to share the shipping costs as you pay one-way fees. Also please send in your product, only after we approve of it i.e. we can ascertain over email whether the product is having issues or not.

Obviously my product has issues. Thats why I will contact Xtreamer. And if they cannot resolve it, I see no reason why I should wait for approval. If they do not approve sending it in should I carry on with something not working.

5. & 6. At the end you will have a working Xtreamer. But the cost of the unit would have been increased by 5% (shipping costs). Also you would have been to Xtreamer forums umpteen number of times hoping for helpful answer to your queries. And then you would write emails to us waiting for aprroval to repair the products. All's well that end's well.

My Opinion
I am sorry to say this is one of the worst support policies I have come across . 50% of the time I get on site warranty for my product (TV, DVD, Printer, Computer) Rest of the time, I can take my product (mobile, camera, laptop, ipod) to a service centre for repairs within city limits, at least in the metros. I have called technician home to change region of DVD player and have taken my product to a service centre for trivial issues as well. Never have I waited for approval before deciding that I need help. I decide whether I need help not the distributor/manufacturer. In fact with such a product at one visit by a technical guy should be complimentary to explain how to use the product. The same is a common feature with TVs, AVRs, STBs etc. and is called Free Installation.

In fact the first time I called Tata Sky person home, he just disconnected and restarted the STB. It went thru an update and worked again. The technician was happy to solve the issue and not irritated by it. From your policy it seems that help it available long distance only. Products are looked at by you only after all else has failed on the forums, phone and email. Why cannot a person examine a product under warranty, if the buyer is facing issues I fail to comprehend. Anyways you entitled to your policy and I to my choice of player.

Regards,
Raghav

Hi.

Many thanks to HFV and its members for the continuous support.

This post is for our customers to understand the support system in case they feel that their product is defective.

Xtreamer products come with 1 year warranty. If you are facing the problem with your Xtreamer, please follow the following steps to avail warranty:

1. Please search Knowledge base at Xtreamer Forum for similar problem and find the solution.

2. If you don't find anything similar, please start a new thread about it. (You will need to register yourself, with order no. 1234 or any other numeric value).

3. You will surely get help there and if you are still facing the problem, please send the product back to us. Please inform us before sending the product back and wait for our approval.

4. Once we authorize, please send us the defective unit at our New Delhi office (at your cost).

5. We will deliver your repaired/replaced product back within 5 working days or sooner counting from receipt of your products (at our cost).

6. Please be assured that at the end, you will have a perfectly fine Xtreamer product in your hands.

* The percentage of the customers who needed to send their product to avail warranty is 0.33%.
* The power adapter is not covered under warranty except dead on arrival for which you should immediately inform as soon as you get it.
* Our support email id is [email protected]
* Firmware related issues/discussion are handled at Xtreamer Forum only.

We have been providing the same information to our customers who feel that there is some problem in their Xtreamer products.

Most of our customers will agree that 99% of the time, there is no problem in the product, it is just the settings/firmware/connectivity, etc. Sometimes the media is not ripped correctly so the user faces audio problems, syncing problems, etc.

We have been instructed by Xtreamer Global that before replacement of any product that should be addressed on the Xtreamer Forums and once the technical support team has decided that the product is faulty and needs to be replaced, then only it should be sent back. Of course, some visible problems like device not turning on, fan is not spinning etc are exempted from this condition.

Sometimes, our customers do not want to test it at their end and send the product back to us even without trying to solve the problem themselves. For them, we pass on a message:

If the product is found defective, we will fix/replace it and send it back at our expense. If it is found that the problem is with your MKVs or firmware update process, you might need to pay shipping charges for sending it back..

My quick understanding after reading the thread-

For Spidey-

If the HDMI cable was indeed in the box and you missed it because of some reason it is only fair IMO if they ask you for the charges later!

For Mr Sumit-

Maybe the product is fine and has no issues and issues are with something else. But a CONSUMER has no way of knowing that with 100% surity. He would strongly consider that the issue is with the equipment. Under such circumstances if he sends the product for inspection and it is found that it was OK ( Assumption) even then saying that "it was a waste of your time/money/resources etc" is NOT a good business ethic and is certainly not expected from the company. I was really surprised that a company can say such type of things!

Now after reading all above posts, these things are clear:

1. Dealer/Seller is always at fault just like when a bicycle hits a car or car hits a bicycle, the fault is always of the car driver.

2. A donor member or a member with more posts and costly equipment can never be wrong.

3. The equipments/cables (HDMI) he possesses, can also not be faulty.

4. This is more so when there are 3 pages of posts and not even a single post about his laziness in checking the contents of the package and declaring that HDMI cable is not in the box.

5. We have checked it once again just now for the HDMI audio output and it is working perfectly fine.

6. We can send it to any HFV member in Delhi before sending it back to Donor Member to get it checked.

7. Since we know that product is NOT faulty, there is no question of refund of money no matter buyer knows to use it or not.

8. So many posts but our no other customer has complained about our so called bad after-sales-service.

9. No matter how good service the dealer gives, not 100% customer will be satisfied. If 98-99% are satisfied, it gives us enough encouragement to provide good service in future also.

10. The most satisfying thing is that we know we are right at our place, we have not cheated anyone, we have not made false promises (except for the delays from principle company which anyways was not in our hands and we apologized for that). So, it does not matter what some people, who have not even dealt with us, say about us.

Now, we do not have any problem in doing whatever senior HFV members suggest us - be it replacing the unit, sending the old one to some other HFV member for testing or even sending the unit as well as the money back to the donor member.

Thank you for your time.

Ignorance is Bliss.

I did not know only people who have dealt with you can comment on your policy. I have visited many dealers of AV with whom I have not transacted business. Yet, they answer my questions about their product, services and give their advice and opinion in hope for future sales. If you do not respond to prospective customers there will not be new ones.

10. The most satisfying thing is that we know we are right at our place, we have not cheated anyone, we have not made false promises (except for the delays from principle company which anyways was not in our hands and we apologized for that). So, it does not matter what some people, who have not even dealt with us, say about us.

Thank you for your time.

Raghav, Xtreamer, and Spidey - please keep to the point and try to close this issue amicably ASAP. Do not use words like 'Donor Member', do not generalise (xxx is always right and we are always wrong), do not make accusations.

Raghav, if is there is a particular issue with Xtreamer and their services with reference to your own requirements, please mention that, and NOTHING ELSE.

If I see this thread continuing this way with accusations and counter accusations, I will be forced to close the thread.

I would take the next steps as follows:

(1) Raghav, Spidey - please summarise your points without any rhetoric,

and

(2) let Xtreamer answer the points. I would request Xtreamer to do their best to satisfy Spidey (and, if needed, Rahghav) and settle this issue. Again with no rhetorics.

If the results are not to anyone's liking, you can simply make a statement you are dissatisfied, and that will be the end. Whatever further action you deem fit has to be outside HFV.

Cheers

1. Dealer/Seller is always at fault just like when a bicycle hits a car or car hits a bicycle, the fault is always of the car driver.

2. A donor member or a member with more posts and costly equipment can never be wrong.

3. The equipments/cables (HDMI) he possesses, can also not be faulty.

4. This is more so when there are 3 pages of posts and not even a single post about his laziness in checking the contents of the package and declaring that HDMI cable is not in the box.

5. We have checked it once again just now for the HDMI audio output and it is working perfectly fine.

6. We can send it to any HFV member in Delhi before sending it back to Donor Member to get it checked.

7. Since we know that product is NOT faulty, there is no question of refund of money no matter buyer knows to use it or not.

8. So many posts but our no other customer has complained about our so called bad after-sales-service.

9. No matter how good service the dealer gives, not 100% customer will be satisfied. If 98-99% are satisfied, it gives us enough encouragement to provide good service in future also.

Now, we do not have any problem in doing whatever senior HFV members suggest us - be it replacing the unit, sending the old one to some other HFV member for testing or even sending the unit as well as the money back to the donor member.

Thank you for your time.

Jeez, these guys are truly vicious. A customer shells out his hard earned money and then is called "lazy". The model for how not to do business..

We will send your product back on Saturday. But please suggest us who should pay for the courier charges for this shipment and for the HDMI cable we sent you earlier. It is not just courier charges. We or you can very well pay that. But isn't it waste of time, money and energy (yours more than ours)? ... We are sorry if you did not like anything in this email.

Thank you for your time.
Good Grief.

What do you do? Electronics as a hobby and rudeness as a fulltime profession?

Here's a suggestion, as requested: learn some decent manners, or employ someone who knows how to deal with customers.

I guess you'll never know how many customers your own posts on this thread have cost you. There was no need for anybody else to say anything. Textbook example of self-destruct!

Now, who do you suggest pays for this useful consultancy which might just save your business?

I am surprised to see this kind of wierd warranty policies. If possible, please tell us about the warranty policy outside india, is it the same?

Inspite of the wierd policy the dealer is expecting the customer to find the solution by the customer himself, else he will be called some "xx" words. Those who are into these technical jargons can somehow find a solution, what about the other normal customers (is this product can be bought only by someone who is really competent?). I hope the distributer will do his level best to satisfy his customer, else you yourself will be the looser.

@Moderator, a simple request (not specific to a single dealer, in General) if we find a distributor is not ready to solve the issue or not able to satisfy his customer for a valid issue, please rethink about the worth of having such a dealer in our forum, to prevent another unsatisfied customer.:)

Last edited:
Xtreme!!!!!!!!Come back to stream!!!!

Why the target has been made to "Donor Member"... Luckily I am not:licklips: It is not meant that "Donor Member" knows all. He only knows how to click"Paypal" and to make contribution. Dude... He cannot contribute time to go thru his setup for trouble shooting. For that you guys are out there:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:

Why the target has been made to "Donor Member"... Luckily I am not:licklips: It is not meant that "Donor Member" knows all. He only knows how to click"Paypal" and to make contribution. Dude... He cannot contribute time to go thru his setup for trouble shooting. For that you guys are out there:eek:hyeah:

Am I being ridiculed for a Donor Member as well? Okay, here it goes! Reading through the entire thread, I have to take your comments so personally since your description partially or fully matches me.:)

However, I dont understand your policy of expecting the customers to check the products fully before sending it to you. If everyone possesses such skills, we would do all the products by ourselves and not buy it from dealers.

For everyone's convenience, I would like to flip the pages of history of Xtreamer. The HD audio feature was promised and advertised to have been present in the first Xtreamer, but Xtreamer gave some ridiculous reasons about not obtaining licence, etc. When a company and distributor can do such and thousands of customers (including me) tolerated such, the company is definitely obliged to have more patience.

For #1, throughout the entire post, we have been trying to interact with Spidey and not with you!

For #2, it was understood and very well accepted and even commented by a member.

For #3, letz get into business, can you please let us know what are the chain of equipments you used to test the HD audio? IF you can explain that, that will take care of most of the issues!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Again, I would like to ask Xtreamer India ,

1) How many service engineers are employed by them ? to service all India ?
If none, Why is their not a service network ??

2) What ARE THE TERMS OF WARRRANTY ? Where are they published?
OBVIOUSLY, IT IS NOT ' ON -SITE' WARRANTY...

DID THEY make it clear at time of SALES that buyer WILL HAVE TO BEAR EXPENSES OF GETTING THE MACHINE REPAIRED ?

3) WHAT IS THE LOCAL tele-helpline number in India , besides Sumit's number ? Do they have tele-service engineers , who could HAVE SUGGESTED ME solutions ?
WHY NO SOLUTION WAS SUGGESTED TO ME BY XTREAMER INDIA ?

SO WHAT IS THE LOCAL SUPPORT ??

4) If they are so reluctant and angry to give after-support , at least, they should have INCLUDED A MANUAL IN THE BOX , which is NEVER INCLUDED , saying we have to download it online ?
What kind of support is this? Or just plain cost-cutting ?

5) How many regional/ city-wise representative they have and what is their network all around India ?
You can't sit in Gurgaon or some remote place, just import these things , sell them and FORGET about them. And get ANGRY AND ABUSIVE if some customer has a query or problem ..

thanks

Last edited:
For everyone's convenience, I would like to flip the pages of history of Xtreamer. The HD audio feature was promised and advertised to have been present in the first Xtreamer, but Xtreamer gave some ridiculous reasons about not obtaining licence, etc. When a company and distributor can do such and thousands of customers (including me) tolerated such, the company is definitely obliged to have more patience.

Cheers!

It is more evident in this case Xtreamer has cheated worldwide customers in promising HD audio passthru for old xtreamer... What in this case their own distributors have done in passing the false promises to the end customer?They are only poor postman to deliver the end product and promises given to them by client.

At that time I have mentioned in another thread and strongly mentioned that they will not give the support....They will release next version to cash it on.. It has happened.

:):)

To
Xtreamer

Please don't generalise your comments against all by saying "donor" member... it really pained me.

It is a insult to this forum and the "donor" members, what is their mistake that they made a contribution to the forum?

thanks

After going through so much debate posted just wish to add 1 simple point.

I am expeting to have atleast initial installtions done by the company with the some expert assistance for few days. Not every one in this world is tech savy.

Espacially for 14K product comapred to pretty much good service renderd for 1.5K worth videocon D2H.

that's true. I too feel cheated by xtreamer's unfullfilled promises. A lesson learnt. Though I did not have any troubles with Sumit in terms of product delivery. Everything else (bugs etc) I accept as my fault of buying a product from such a company (xtreamer).

that's true. I too feel cheated by xtreamer's unfullfilled promises. A lesson learnt. Though I did not have any troubles with Sumit in terms of product delivery. Everything else (bugs etc) I accept as my fault of buying a product from such a company (xtreamer).
+1 to that. Felt cheated when Xtreamer (parent company) did not deliver on HD audio and also some features on eTrayz. But as far as Sumit(Xtreamer.India) is concerned, had no problems whatsoever. My friends and I have bought atleast 6 products(including 2 xtreamer pros) from him. He has always come across as patient and co-operative chap even when there were minor issues.

I would urge both Spidey and Xtreamer.India to just pick up the phone and resolve this issue amicably.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back