"COSTLY" and Scarce after-sales from Xtreamer India

Spidey

Hi folks

I had the fortune or mis-fortune of buying a Xtreamer PRO from xtreamer India 30 days back.
We buy from Xtr India as we are assured of after-sales service and warranty.

Let me narrate my experience.

The Xtreamer pro I recieved worked fine for intial few sittings then it started giving problem.
When i used to put it on stand-by and later re-start it , it used to give NO AUDIO out put.

So anytime all members are gathered and ask to play "Avatar" . Ok .. picture seen but no sound .
Everybody disappointed I apologeticaly close the sytem and re-check it later thouroughly including cables , connections , settings.

Again same happens. But,

ONLY if I REMOVE THE POWER PLUG WIRE and RE-insert it the output used to restoer.
A thread mentioning this problem was started my me on this forum and Xtreamer Global Forum.

But when I thought first time i plugged and re-plugged the problem was solved and the MODS closed my thread saying it is solved.

I contacted Mr Sumit on Xtreamer India.

First, he refused to entertain any complaint from me unless i had opened a thread on the global forum.
Which I told him I had done.
HE NEVER SUGGESTED ME ANY SETTINGS, CHANGE HDMI ETC...

Only SUPPORT he gave me was to upgrade to a bug-ridden firmware; which he himself deleted from this forum.

SO NO SUPPORT LOCALLY.

HE was reluctant to accept there was a problem and then asked me to SHIP it to him at my EXPENSE.
Well, which I did.
Machine reached, but office CLOSED for rennovations so wait for 5-6 days. OK.

NOW Summit writes a OFFENSIVE EMAIL to me writing I am WASTING HIS TIME MONEY AND RESOURCES. He says there is no problem to the machine. His explaination for the problem at my place :
We seriously think that the problem was with settings/media/connection/AVR/defective HDMI cable , etc.

what is included in the etc ? That could be 100 possible solutions and settings and changes.

Even though, I am not a novice in Home theater and Hifi, Sumit expects all his customers to TROUBLE-SHOOT all the possible solutions at home which I DID.
THEN We write to Extreamer Global FORUM and wait for a solution ?

How ofter you can get a solution to your problem from a global forum especialy if the machine is SOFTWARE DRIVEN LIKE EXTREAMER PRO. And the software iS SO BUG RIDDEN that users are FRUSTATED TILL THEY GET A WORKING FIRMWARE.

ARE WE PAYING ALL THIS money to get a EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT ?

IF SUMIT.XTREAMER INDIA , CANNOT AFFORD TO APPOINT A DEALER AND AFTER-SALES NETWORK, should we bear the BRUNT of faluty machines ??

So, we jump to buy online, and if it "works " well , marginally well. okay..

if it fails, you go through the ROYAL AFTER_SALES SUPPORT THAT I recived and you will reiceve.

NOW THE XTREAMER IS HELD BY Sumit saying , now I have to pay for the courier back.

AND I had last time not seen any HDMI cable in box, which it turned out was hidden in a box in it .. he had already sent me a replacement.

I HAVE TO BEAR COURIER FOR THE CABLE HE HAD SENT.

As a punishment to customers who BOTHER HIM and his royal xtreamer india team.........

So , buy Xtreamer but pray it "WORKS" REASONABLY WELL.. and you dont need any after-sales.

thanks

Last edited:
Hi folks

I had the fortune or mis-fortune of buying a Xtreamer PRO from xtreamer India 30 days back.
We buy from Xtr India as we are assured of after-sales service and warranty.

Let me narrate my experience.

The Xtreamer pro I recieved worked fine for intial few sittings then it started giving problem.
When i used to put it on stand-by and later re-start it , it used to give NO AUDIO out put.

So anytime all members are gathered and ask to play "Avatar" . Ok .. picture seen but no sound .
Everybody disappointed I apologeticaly close the sytem and re-check it later thouroughly including cables , connections , settings.

Again same happens. But,

ONLY if I REMOVE THE POWER PLUG WIRE and RE-insert it the output used to restoer.
A thread mentioning this problem was started my me on this forum and Xtreamer Global Forum.

But when I thought first time i plugged and re-plugged the problem was solved and the MODS closed my thread saying it is solved.

I contacted Mr Sumit on Xtreamer India.

First, he refused to entertain any complaint from me unless i had opened a thread on the global forum.
Which I told him I had done.
HE NEVER SUGGESTED ME ANY SETTINGS, CHANGE HDMI ETC...

Only SUPPORT he gave me was to upgrade to a bug-ridden firmware; which he himself deleted from this forum.

SO NO SUPPORT LOCALLY.

HE was reluctant to accept there was a problem and then asked me to SHIP it to him at my EXPENSE.
Well, which I did.
Machine reached, but office CLOSED for rennovations so wait for 5-6 days. OK.

NOW Summit writes a OFFENSIVE EMAIL to me writing I am WASTING HIS TIME MONEY AND RESOURCES. He says there is no problem to the machine. His explaination for the problem at my place :
We seriously think that the problem was with settings/media/connection/AVR/defective HDMI cable , etc.

what is included in the etc ? That could be 100 possible solutions and settings and changes.

Even though, I am not a novice in Home theater and Hifi, Sumit expects all his customers to TROUBLE-SHOOT all the possible solutions at home which I DID.
THEN We write to Extreamer Global FORUM and wait for a solution ?

How ofter you can get a solution to your problem from a global forum especialy if the machine is SOFTWARE DRIVEN LIKE EXTREAMER PRO. And the software iS SO BUG RIDDEN that users are FRUSTATED TILL THEY GET A WORKING FIRMWARE.

ARE WE PAYING ALL THIS money to get a EXPERIMENTAL PRODUCT ?

IF SUMIT.XTREAMER INDIA , CANNOT AFFORD TO APPOINT A DEALER AND AFTER-SALES NETWORK, should we bear the BRUNT of faluty machines ??

So, we jump to buy online, and if it "works " well , marginally well. okay..

if it fails, you go through the ROYAL AFTER_SALES SUPPORT THAT I recived and you will reiceve.

NOW THE XTREAMER IS HELD BY Sumit saying , now I have to pay for the courier back.

AND I had last time not seen any HDMI cable in box, which it turned out was hidden in a box in it .. he had already sent me a replacement.

I HAVE TO BEAR COURIER FOR THE CABLE HE HAD SENT.

As a punishment to customers who BOTHER HIM and his royal xtreamer india team.........

So , buy Xtreamer but pray it "WORKS" REASONABLY WELL.. and you dont need any after-sales.

thanks

Dear HFV members, please read the mails exchanged and decide if we are at any fault or not.

------------------------------

Hi.

We have receive your Xtreamer PRO and checked it thoroughly.

Some observations:

1. You said you did not receive HDMI cable in Xtreamer PRO box. We requested you to check it once again and if it is not there, we will send another one and you said that you have checked and it is not there. We were almost sure that it was there but we still send one more cable.

2. You complain of audio issues in the product and we request him to create a thread on Xtreamer forum for a possible solution. You did that and with help the technical support, you confirmed that the problem is solved.

3. You again send us an email and say that you are still facing the problem and instead of putting it on forum (where you have happily announced that the problem is solved) send the product back to us. We open the box and see that the HDMI cable that comes bundled with Xtreamer PRO is still in the box and you have not taken anything out except remote from the box where all these items are kept.

4. We take out the product, check it and find that everything is working fine. All Blu-ray ISOs, M2TSs, MKVs, DVD rips, MP3s has perfect audio through HDMI and optical output.

5. We upgraded the firmware to 2.4b20 RC3. Again checked, everything including Dolby-True-HD and DTS-HD-MA is being played fine.

Now, your product is running fine fine for last 4-5 days at least 4-5 hours in day.

We will send your product back on Saturday. But please suggest us who should pay for the courier charges for this shipment and for the HDMI cable we sent you earlier. It is not just courier charges. We or you can very well pay that. But isn't it waste of time, money and energy (yours more than ours)? We seriously think that the problem was with settings/media/connection/defective HDMI cable , etc. and it could have been fixed at your place itself of you could discuss it on Xtreamer forum. Earlier, you could have opened the box to check for HDMI cable before declaring it missing.

Also for the future, we have been instructed by Xtreamer Global that before replacement of any product that should be addressed on the Xtreamer Forums and once the technical support team has decided that the product is faulty and needs to be replaced, then only it should be sent back. Of course, some visible problems like device not turning on, fan is not spinning etc are exempted from this condition.

We are sorry if you did not like anything in this email.

Warm Regards,
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxx

Pls note that my PROBLEM was not solved on the forum.

The thread was CLOSED by the mods, how to re-open and re-post it ??????????

I did not get a solution of the problem on the forum.

I suggest you use the Xtremaer PRO till Monday.

Dont just keep it ON ALL THE TIME. SWITCH IT ON AND OFF EACH TIME U PLAY>

Then check wether HDMI out put is there or not . HAVE U givne the out put to AV receiver ? or direct ly to TV ???

MY PROBLEM WAS : NO audio ouput in HDMI connected to my AV receiver.
And the problem used to get SOLVEDD BY SWITCHING OFF THE machine by removing the power plug and RE-INSERTING IT .

How do you explain that ?

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Also , can you tell me where do u keep the HDMI cable in the box ?

Is it in some obvious place ?? or hidden under some cardboard ??

Thanks

---------------------------------------------

Hi.

Please find your answers below.

And the HDMI cable is placed in one of the 2 boxed which contains remote, batteries, cables, etc. Pic attached of the HDMI cable from your box.

Anyways, there is no point in arguing with our respected customer. The bottom line is - your product is working 100% fine now.

Regards,

Pls note that my PROBLEM was not solved on the forum.

The thread was CLOSED by the mods, how to re-open and re-post it ??????????

What we can see is it was closed once you mentioned "problem solved".
http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/12109-no-sound-in-my-hdmi-out-put/#p122682

I did not get a solution of the problem on the forum.

I suggest you use the Xtremaer PRO till Monday.

Dont just keep it ON ALL THE TIME. SWITCH IT ON AND OFF EACH TIME U PLAY>

It is not continuous on. We have done all possible tests.

Then check wether HDMI out put is there or not . HAVE U givne the out put to AV receiver ? or direct ly to TV ???
Through AVR which is very much capable of HD-Audio formats. We also tested with a direct connection to TV and we also tested audio output through optical cable. But most of the time, it is through AVR only.

MY PROBLEM WAS : NO audio ouput in HDMI connected to my AV receiver.
And the problem used to get SOLVEDD BY SWITCHING OFF THE machine by removing the power plug and RE-INSERTING IT .

No such problem detected at our end.

How do you explain that ?

-------------------------
Hi

I am posting this my after-sales experience on hifivision.

So your answer to my problem, which first you think is not genuine is :

So now we must be ULTRA_EXPERT TECHNICIANS to use your products ..

Pls visit my thread on forum,

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls return the machine with what-ever charges you feel are reasonable.

AND IF the machine GETS SAME PROBLEM, you will have to REFUND ALL MY MONEY including courier charges instantly ; now as you belive your machine is working 100% fine.

Thanks

HI
i recieved my Xtreamer PRO but it did not contain a manual and a hdmi cable . Are they included ? I only got a quick-start guide.

Wow, I for one was surprised to read this post. I have dealt with Sumit on a couple of occasions (he delivered CoD to Civil Lines same day) and find it hard to imagine that he would treat any customer this way. Spidey, maybe there were HDMI handshake issues between your Xtreamer and TV/AVR? Just my 2 cents, I am a n00b after all!!

spidey - I understand you may have had a bitter experience but like kaypaji
has said my experience with Sumit has been extremely positive.

I had bought a xtreamer SW few weeks back and it came with a defective
remote. I panicked and sent a PM to him and inspite of it being late in the
night he called me from his mobile and assured of a replacement. I have
dealt with quite a few dealers and when there was a problem I dont remember
anybody calling and providing support like Sumit did. Also I was quite surprised
when Sumit called and did not ask me some lame/stupid questions such as
did you try this or that. I have seen when it comes to support, some service
centre people take/assume customers to be stupid and ask them to try out
very basic/silly things. None of which Sumit did. All he said was he will be sending
the replacement which he did the very next day.

I also sent the defective remote back to him almost a week after I received
the replacement. There was no pressure from Sumit and he kept saying it
was fine with him to wait and receive the remote back though a defective one.

I had to pay for the courier charges though for sending the defective remote
back which is fine because had the remote become defective few days/months
after I received, I would have had to pay for the courier/shipping charges
anyway to get it repaired.

BTW I am not supporting anybody but since you had a -ve experience and brought
it to the forum, I just wanted to let everyone know that my experience with Sumit
had been extremely positive.

I too had a discussion sometime back with Sumit about purchasing Xtreamer Pro and he was very helpful in answering all my questions. I found him to be very honest and forthcoming on all matters. So may be your case is a one-off thing?

@Spidey, just another thought from a different angle of view and there might be a slight chance that the issue is with the AVR. You are using Denon 2309, right? Is the audio for the movies that are not being played, are they HD audio or normal DTS/Dolby tracks? Denon has trouble playing HD audio sometimes (widely known issue) with it's older firmware and most of the time the blue light will be on but there won't be any audio through the speakers or it'll be too feeble to hear. I'm suffering from that issue and Denon service from KEI is extremely Unhelpful to upgrade the firmware. I would even say that don't buy from any KEI distributor and stick to ProFx. But for me luckily muting and unmuting few times doing the trick of getting the audio back for HD tracks. Anyway, if this is not the same issue then please ignore my post.

EDIT: Here is my thread regarding the HD audio issue with Denon 1910 and Oppo BDP80. What I found that the issue is with Denon's firmware and if you upgrade to any firmware newer than Jan2010 then the issue is solved. http://www.hifivision.com/blu-ray-d...-ma-track-oppo-bd80-through-denon-1910-a.html
EDIT 2: Just gone through your thread at Xtreamer forum. So from there it's almost sure that my hunch is probably true as you were using Blu-ray ISO file and also the fact that mp3 files did played. I'm not sure if the muting/unmuting on the xtreamer will work as it did for my case with Oppo (Oppo seems to totally switches off the audio channels while muting and then the handshake starts all over again during unmuting and so even though the Denon's firmware is buggy it catches the signal after few tries)

Last edited:
If mr sumit is so honest and boast of good after sale-support. he should replace the faulty piece and give customer a new one.

If mr sumit is so honest and boast of good after sale-support. he should replace the faulty piece and give customer a new one.

Hi,

Sumit has explained that it works well when they tested it PERIOD.

So, the burden is on us to rule out and convince the dealer that the product is indeed faulty.

When the panasonic service engineer visited my place to take the Panasonic 32" which had a problem with the HDMI, I had to nearly connect all devices and prove him that it is clearly faulty. After which he agreed to take it and returned to me once the problem has been fixed. Regardless, Xtreamer cannot be compared with Panasonic.

@Spidey - So, I suggest that let us take photograph, videos, etc., and submit enough evidence that the product is faulty. Probably, if you can get hold of another Xtreamer, test if you have the same problem.

Cheers!

Hi,

Sumit has explained that it works well when they tested it PERIOD.

So, the burden is on us to rule out and convince the dealer that the product is indeed faulty.

The product(Xtreamer) might not be the faulty one My Lord ;) ;) . Please read my post. I might be wrong but all the little pieces of the puzzle pointing towards the same Denon issue that I had/have [I want that "breaking my head" smiley, Mods, please some more :cool: smileys] .

@Konfused : I don't have ANY BLU-RAY ISOs... these are plain DVD iso.

Why should we pay so much to Xtreamer , when we are doubted wether machine is working, we have to send it to Gurgaon to prove if there is fault or not and then bear the expenses back ?

Why is their not a service network ??

I would like to ask Xtreamer India ,

1) HOw many service engineers are employed by them ?

2) What ARE THE TERMS OF WARRRANTY ?
OBVIOUSLY, IT IS NOT ' ON -SITE' WARRANTY...

DID THEY make it clear at time of SALES that buyer WILL HAVE TO BEAR EXPENSES OF GETTING THE MACHINE REPAIRED ?

3) WHAT IS THE LOCAL tele-helpline number in India , besides Sumit's number ? Do they have tele-service engineers , who could HAVE SUGGESTED ME solutions ?
WHY NO SOLUTION WAS SUGGESTED TO ME BY XTREAMER INDIA ?

SO WHAT IS THE LOCAL SUPPORT ??

Are we paying RS 14-15,000/- bucks, just to get it shipped to us and then forget where we purchased this box ?

Basic right of customer is after-sales service, if warranty is given.

thanks

Last edited:
Everybody should have in mind, Spidey is not an Junior member here and also he has owned plenty of equipments and could have accessed the issues very well and then put the case about xtreamer functionalities. I dont think he will openly write about an Dealer Member without facing issues in depth.

However konfused is right in his point to tell about the handshake issues... Let spidey to take xtreamer pro and test it another place with different set of equipemnt.

Please do not jump on:) anybody to support and for critic..

The product(Xtreamer) might not be the faulty one My Lord ;) ;) . Please read my post. I might be wrong but all the little pieces of the puzzle pointing towards the same Denon issue that I had/have [I want that "breaking my head" smiley, Mods, please some more :cool: smileys] .

What Denon issue ?

I dont use Blu ray ISO.

@Konfused : I don't have ANY BLU-RAY ISOs... these are plain DVD iso.
Oops sorry, from your post at Xtreamer forum where you mentioned 1080p I inferred that it's a blu-ray iso file. My bad. Please ignore my post then as it won't be of any help now.

What Denon issue ?
I've pasted the link in my post. Please check cause afaik even 2309 also had the same issue.

Last edited:
My basic question again :

Should WE bend our MINDS to find a solution to a problem the equation of which is more complex then a algebra algorithm ?
While the "dealer" or "importer" is sitting in his office , directing us to Global forum or elsewhere ?

What would happen if a LAY PERSON BUYS this media player and iS STUCK IN ALL THIS JARGON AND NAME PLAY ??
WHERE IS THE SUPPORT ???

Hi,

You are very right about handshaking issue. I do have a Denon which is a victim of HDCP handshaking issue, but I didnt want to discuss that here. I dont want this thread to take a different direction. However, I have not experienced any issue with Xtreamer and Denon 1910.

Spidey might be truly having some problems with his Xtreamer, but we need to rule out the root cause so that we can zero in on the Xtreamer. He can very well test this in a different HT system with a different or same AVR.

All we need to do is to find if the real problem is with the Xtreamer. Denon, Oppo, Pana, etc. is our headache and what we really want is whether Xtreamer is performing its task or not and if it does not, then we can hold the Xtreamer.India responsible for the same.

So, let us find out if the fault is there in Xtreamer or something else, after which it is apt for us to discuss about their after-sales service, etc.

Cheers!

P.s.: @spidey - I know that I am far away from your place, let me know if I can be any help to you in testing it.

Last edited:
I have written a mail to Sumit. He can charge whatever for returning the machine which I say is fine. He also wants to RECOVER COST of sending a hdmi cable to me. Agree to that also.

So let him return and if same problem occurs then what? Again start this circus? I would want a FULL REFUND and I return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than HFV post, if some knowledgeable members can call Spidey and assist in debugging when he is at the machine, there might be some faster progress or diagnosis ... You can post the results of the session later ...

just a thought.

-G

Spidey, thanks for posting this. I for one, was debating on whether to get one. No way I am buying it now. I will not encourage companies (there are many of these in India) with bad after sales service no matter how good the product is "supposed to be". It's time we get a law for 30 day no questions asked returns in India, just like in the US. That's the only way such fools will learn.

Server3249 please be careful of the words you use. VenkatCR

Last edited by a moderator:
Spidey, thanks for posting this. I for one, was debating on whether to get one. No way I am buying it now. I will not encourage companies (there are many of these in India) with bad after sales service no matter how good the product is "supposed to be". It's time we get a law for 30 day no questions asked returns in India, just like in the US. That's the only way such fools will learn.

Hi,

I am not sure whether there is such law in US or in other countries.

If it does, I would call it the most dumbest law ever made, as I dont know what the seller or manufacturer would do if the customers are going to use the product for 29 days and return it, especially pertaining to perishing and electronic goods.

Although many of us, when it comes to hifi equipments, are not averse to buying used ones, there are quite a lot who are particular about getting sealed ones.

Also, I dont know how far it is reasonable to call out names and adjectives like "dickhead, fools, etc.!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back