"COSTLY" and Scarce after-sales from Xtreamer India

I had a similar experience with xtreamer..
D guy on the phone tells me, "Sir if you need infi, GOOGLE it".. i mean seriously, when i heard that i just wished i was in Delhi and could step on his door and throw the player on his face..
He asked me to mail em, i did, its been 9 days and i still don't have a reply to the mail, on the no mentioned on the site, no one cares to pick up the call.

BTW guys, there r 2 xtreamers around, Xtreamer.in and xtreamerindia.. im not sure which one does Sumit belong to but my purchase was from xtreamer.in//

Is the discussion above for the same guy or should i conclude that both the xtreamers after sale service is useless????

After going through so much debate posted just wish to add 1 simple point.

I am expeting to have atleast initial installtions done by the company with the some expert assistance for few days. Not every one in this world is tech savy.

Espacially for 14K product comapred to pretty much good service renderd for 1.5K worth videocon D2H.

Agreed, this is not an unreasonable expectation. Especially when our country's people are support staff for the rest of the world. I recently had a good experience at Croma in Juhu, Mumbai. I had purchased some headphones, but didn't like them. I went to their shop 2 days later for checking out something else and happened to mention that I didn't really like the headphones. The guy said no problem, bring it in, which I did the next day. And I ended up buying one for double the cost. Sure their prices are not the best. But they make up for it with this type of service- and they do try to price match for expensive items if possible. Plus they have extended warranties. The people know what they're paying for. That shop was *crowded* on a Saturday morning. That's how you do business, not like Xtreamer (Xtreme fail).

Xtreamer India,

Sorry to say - but with this kind of after sales support, you will not last anywhere. Customers are not really that dumb (if you believed in the age-old jargon).

I was mighty impressed with the features and comparisons (with branded players) mentioned in your site, but looks like it is good only on paper.

I would have purchased 2 pieces from you this week (one for me and another for my parents). Bottom line, You lost a customer in me... and whoever I recommended Xtreamer, I will go back and tell them not to.

Workaround for you guys will be to introduce a proper 'support' (No company declares a 'forum' as their primary support). Since your product targets all India, the support too should. Unless you do that, this might spell doom for you guys. So, please ask your CEO (whoever it is) to buck up.

Spidey, thanks for bringing this to the forum.

Regards.

Now after reading all above posts, these things are clear:
1 ..
9 ..
10. The .., we have not cheated anyone, we have not made false promises (except for the delays from principle company which anyways was not in our hands and we apologized for that). ..

Summit,
If you claim yourself that you have not cheated anyone and never made any false promises so far, wonder why are you keeping mum now and failing to reply to santhol2, anm or srinisundar.
.. Felt cheated when Xtreamer (parent company) did not deliver on HD audio ..

that's true. I too feel cheated by xtreamer's unfulfilled promises. A lesson learnt. ..

It is more evident in this case Xtreamer has cheated worldwide customers in promising HD audio passthru for old xtreamer... ..

let me repeat the question on behalf of old XMP owners once again,
why did you promised to deliver HD audio when you are capable of giving only HD passthru.
Not obtaining the required licence is an unacceptable excuse, which should have been considered before giving any false promises.

Infact I bought XMP instead of blue ray player mainly because of HD feature and foolishly recommended your player to this forum members and non forum members as well for the same reason.

The next irritating factor is, how can you expect us to be mute spectators, when you deliverd HD Audio in XMP pro and not in old XMP.

Being a distributor , did you posted simlar questons to XMP parent company and made any attempt to convince them as everybody in India is not bombarding the parent company but only you (and sometimes also on fellow XMP owners who recommended your product for HD ) .

finally, this is a direct question to Summit (Xtreamer India),

Who is accountable for your false promise on the old XMP ? Do you have any answers ?
If you do have any answers, go ahead otherwise refrain yourself from making any such statements (#10) in the future.

Guys, please cool down. I think you are just taking it too far.
@server3249, nice experience at Chroma, but consider this that Xtreamer also have sent free HDMI cables which they were not even bound to send.
@edge111, you've not mentioned what issue exactly you were facing and it doesn't hurt to do a search on the net to find out.
@viper18, seriously, does it require a tech savvy person to do the installation of an xtreamer? If you buy a DVD player, does the company come to house to install that DVD player?

@Spidey, I hope you get a proper device from the company. I can understand you are angry and frustrated with a lemon at hand. But just wait for the device to land at your place and even after that it doesn't work you have the right to go all the guns blazing. But as of now, please have some patience.
And next time please do check the whole box ;), that part (HDMI cable) was indeed your fault and you don't seem to be apologetic about that at all, i guess there are other reasons for that which we don;t know. Ok, that's a small issue but anyway this whole thing has already blown out of proportion.

@Xtreamer.india, dude, please keep your cool and don't get so excited. It's not difficult to do business in India and you'll be making it even harder (even if it's a minuscule) by by making such harsh comments. And oh, someone did commented on that HDMI fiasco but do you really want people here to call names for such small things?

And both Spidey/Xtreamer, please pick up the phone and talk. Online communication may be misleading many times and it's very easy to sway the other way with the slightest mis-communication. I just hope that it's not too late for that.

NOTE: I'm not affiliated with either Xtreamer or Spidey and these are just my personal comments. I'm also a customer of Xtreamer and I've also my share of problems with the device but that's ok as till now it's not as bad as OP's problem. You are welcome to flame me but I think it's time to close the thread.

1 in 100 like konfused is required in forum to cool down..Thanks buddy!!

However 1 question to all xtreamer (old )owners<<<<< Why you have not asked for a "Refund" if the promise of HD Audio pass thru is not done???? Is it wrong on you guys also to keep mum... Anywhere they told that they will not give refund ????? They failed in the promise you have failed to raise your voice that time.....

Anybody in this forum shoot out for refund either send an blasting letter to xtreamer...

@konfused - See this is what my query was. As per my research on forums, it was evident that the new xtreamer had problems with image flicking @ 720p and 1080p content. Before buying the player from xtreamer.in, i had raised this query and i was told that the new xtreamers dont have this problem anymore. Now i got my product and there was a problem with bit of flicking on 1080p and i had an audio problem too after i upgraded to the latest firmware. When i called xtreamer up, he said that for support make a post on the forum and u will get ur ans there. 80 views later i didnt have an ans from anyone on the forum. So i do some more research on the net and this is what i found out...

1- on the extreamer.in site it said that they dont have any distributors but lakozy and soundout were selling it. thats where my doubts were first raised that the sites not saying the truth. So i did more searching and apparently there r 2 xtreamers in india. Xtreamer.in and Xtreamerindia.in
2- going through both the sites and the xtreamer there i realized the difference in pricing. xtreamer.in is 8k + 1k for dongle. Xtreamerindia was 9.9k or ard there with dongle. So i called back xtreamer.in for queries about this.
3- The guy on the phone tells me, sorry you couldnt get a convincing ans on the forum but we have sold more than 600 units so im sure you are doing something wrong for no one else has had these problems (i had done an emergency rescue and again updated to new firmware, that solved my sound problem but i wanted to know what he would say next so didnt tell him that i had managed to solve my prob without any help)
4- inquiring further, i told him that i saw another xtreamer on the net and he is selling 1 for 9.9k, so why are you so much cheaper. THIS IS THE POINT WHERE I BELIEVE HE REALLY WANTED TO HANGUP ON ME. He replied "sir thats some other guy, not us and what he is selling is not known to us."
5- So i ask him that since the chipset is not mentioned anywhere on the box or player, could you tell me the realtek chipset used in my player. He gives me some serial no and tells me, sir pls google the rest. I replied asking is it too much for you to tell me over the phone itself for im sure he would know the chipset and opening the player would void warranty. He replies back, ok sir if you have any queries you mail it and my team will respond on the mail.
6- Today is the 9th day, there is no reply to the mail till date....

For everyone's benefit, i spoke to some guy in Australia who knew a bit abt xtreamer.
The xtreamer sold by xtreamer.in is the older chipset (i was told im getting the new one)
Xtreamerindia is selling the sidewinder (not sure if its sidewinder fitted or actual sidewinder with new chipset).
xtreamer sidewinders have the new realtek chipset which the xtreamer pro has with supports true hd audio.

I had clearly asked for the new xtreamer and i dint wanna spend 8k on the older 2008/09 chip...

I would go out and say that Xtreamer out here has clearly cheated the customer..... aka me

Last edited:
Hi,

Also, let me clarify one thing at this juncture, I, srini sir, santhosh, anm are targetting the Xtreamer company and not Sumit or any individual. I dont want this to continue as a personal war, where we keep exchanging comments!

Firstly, while HFV has a zero-tolerance policy against members commenting about dealers and insist them to produce valid proof, I feel there is need for them to involve in matters when dealer members go wrong!

Also, as suggested by Santhol2 and Konfused, this matter can be settled over a phone call.

I also call Xtreamer.india to clarify its take on the previous promise that was made to its customers, when things went so far to the point of point of discussing "donor" or "false promise" etc.

If the discussion continues to be in this manner, this would be my last post in this thread and guarantee that this would highly discourage any dealer, distributor or member or whoever to come forward and carry any discussion or review or queries on products!

Cheers!

Last edited:
why did you promised to deliver HD audio when you are capable of giving only HD passthru.
Thanks tellranga, I am not angry with Sumit for that. He is only selling Xtreamer in India. It is Xtreamer (the company) that I feel angry about. I just decided to use the xtreamer in another room and wait for a proper player with minimum bugs. Currently, it seems like the Playon with updated firmware or I might just go in for a Pop Corn Hour C-200 from US, but thats just me.

@Spidey, I hope you get a proper device from the company. I can understand you are angry and frustrated with a lemon at hand. But just wait for the device to land at your place and even after that it doesn't work you have the right to go all the guns blazing. But as of now, please have some patience.
And next time please do check the whole box ;), that part (HDMI cable) was indeed your fault and you don't seem to be apologetic about that at all, i guess there are other reasons for that which we don;t know. Ok, that's a small issue but anyway this whole thing has already blown out of proportion.

@Xtreamer.india, dude, please keep your cool and don't get so excited. It's not difficult to do business in India and you'll be making it even harder (even if it's a minuscule) by by making such harsh comments. And oh, someone did commented on that HDMI fiasco but do you really want people here to call names for such small things?

And both Spidey/Xtreamer, please pick up the phone and talk. Online communication may be misleading many times and it's very easy to sway the other way with the slightest mis-communication. I just hope that it's not too late for that.
Konfused, you echo my thoughts mate. Like Srini said. We need people like you on our forum :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
Guys, I have been told that my Xtreamer Pro is working well and is being shipped back to me.

Only if Sumit had not ridiculed me and got angry saying I wasted his time etc for my genuine problem , this issue would not have raised. And to call me lazy or something, just because the cable was in some box within the box and I had'nt ripped open all the packing is just immature ness.
I will be first to accept that I missed the cable, but it is a act of omission and not purposeful game I played. Is their any JOY for me to SEND the machine , get such replies and suffer ?
See, I sent the orignal box to him for repair of machine and he co-incidentlally found the cable. If I intented to cheat on him I would just have removed this second cable and kept quiet and in bargain got two cables.

Still,
I hope the machine works well in my setting. What was the orignal problem ? Nobody knows, unless somebody visited and checked the machine in my setting. This is what support and service is for.

But , Sumit has to answer the questions raised here regarding :

1) Warranty policy

2) Support and service:

Is " Go to global forum and ask " , all the support we will GET ??

3) Promises of Xtremer Global un-kept

Can he come clear on these issues ??

Last edited:
1 in 100 like konfused is required in forum to cool down..Thanks buddy!!

Thanks mate ;-)

However 1 question to all xtreamer (old )owners<<<<< Why you have not asked for a "Refund" if the promise of HD Audio pass thru is not done???? Is it wrong on you guys also to keep mum... Anywhere they told that they will not give refund ????? They failed in the promise you have failed to raise your voice that time.....

Anybody in this forum shoot out for refund either send an blasting letter to xtreamer...
I can answer from my point of view and my view only. Well, I was aware of the problem and I knew that it's not gonna have HD audio but only down-mixing. But I got a good deal and hence I went for the older xtreamer being fully aware of it's limitations. Hence I chose (or I don't have the right) not to make comment on that so I kept mum. May be I'll buy another device some other time when all these issues are solved and give this one to my parents. But as of now, I'm quite happy enjoying the device even with those small niggles.

I am completely neutral on this product. I don't need it --- but it is the kind of thing that I like to see the technology and what exists.

I'm not neutral on consumer issues and expectations.

A combination of those two strands made me wander into this thread, to be really shocked by what I saw here.

The actual issues faced by Spidey are very real and core for him. What is relevant to the rest of us is the amazing responses from a so-called professional who expects people to buy things from him

The actual issues faced by Spidey are very real and core for him.
Yes it is and we all would love to see that resolved amicably. And I think Spidey is waiting for the device to reach him and test it again to see if it's fixed. So till then probably we can wait patiently.

What is relevant to the rest of us is the amazing responses from a so-called professional who expects people to buy things from him
But what would a person do if he is constantly being cornered by other people? (may be there is some fault at his part too but still) He (Xtreamer.india) is human too and bound to break up at some point and make some drastic steps in his defense. Being a dealer doesn't mean that he can't reply. The way it was done might be not correct and I too don't agree to few things that Xtreamer.india said but considering the situation what currently it has become it is inevitable. I hope that he'll amend few of the remarks (which he did in some other thread) once things cool down.

I would really request the mods to lock the thread till Spidey/Xtreamer requests to put an update.

But what would a person do if he is constantly being cornered by other people? (may be there is some fault at his part too but still) He (Xtreamer.india) is human too and bound to break up at some point and make some drastic steps in his defense. Being a dealer doesn't mean that he can't reply. The way it was done might be not correct and I too don't agree to few things that Xtreamer.india said but considering the situation what currently it has become it is inevitable. I hope that he'll amend few of the remarks (which he did in some other thread) once things cool down.

I would really request the mods to lock the thread till Spidey/Xtreamer requests to put an update.

+1 to that. While I am still in disagreement with a few policies of Xtreamer.India, I think here we are dealing with a person more than anything, so we need to give him a chance.

Pls correct me if I am wrong, I think the purpose of this thread is to solve the issue and bring the warranty policies into light. For that, we need to wait until Spidey receives it, tests it and comes out with his results.

I dont find it reasonable to pass derogatory comments on the product, brand, etc., based on an experience. This was the case with 20north, Amarbir, etc. and what not, Samsung, Philips, LG, etc., but then 20north and Amarbir worked their way out and handling things better now. Abandoning or excluding something is not a solution always!

My two paise! PERIOD

Thanks,

Things go wrong - True
Every Customers take things differently - True
Things can be rectified - True

But if some mistakes take a road of Hatred its not Good at all...

Something for :

Spidey :
After all this issue, Xtreamer has sent back your xtreamer pro. Check it, and try and tweet the other measures suggested by the members...Maybe the actual issue is something else...So give it a try...

Sumit (Xtreamer.India) :
Sumit, whatever happened, term it has gone...Now, i will suggest, wait for Spidey's response...If still there is some issue, replace the pc, term it as bad debt...But, atleast prove the product you represent and keep your trust level active...
Secondly, you should be happy, that there were more people who are satisfied with your service, then those who were not satisfied...
Thirdly, try and dedicate a person or a number of a person apart from you, who is core technical about the product, and can be available round the clock...obviously not 24hrs but like 10am-8pm...
Lastly, have some dealers, i think you have few, but maybe you need more... I can even try (but have never tested your product till now)...
Having more dealers will reduce your burden...

I think this issue can be solved easily... Dont keep bad about anyone...

Spidey, even if he agrees, to replace the product in case if its faulty again, please make sure that you dont do it just for your anger sake... Be Truthful...

Finish out this issue guyz... Lets just wait for Spidey's transparent response and then let Sumit handle it transparently...

Update:

Sent an email to Mr. Spidey at 12:00PM

Dear Sir ,

We are sending your product back thoroughly tested and working.

We are also sending back the HDMI cable which was provided in the package because the cable that we sent later might be defective and could be the main reason you faced the problem.

In case you still feel the problem, please get back to us and we will surely do the needful to make you satisfied. Please also inform us if it works fine.

We will inform you the tracking number immediately the product is dispatched.

Warm Regards,

Customer Support
Xtreamer India
New Delhi

Tried calling him up but the number provided by him was not reachable, 11 digit number, typing mistake, sent another mail requesting his phone number.

Got reply at 1:37PM with correct phone number.

Called him at 1:40PM.

Informed him that we have tested the product on 2 different AVRs and it is working fine and we are sending it. If it does not work at his place, we will send him a brand new seal packed unit.

Apologised for the language used in the earlier mail/posts.

Sent an email at 2:40PM with tracking details of the product sent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing else to say or clarify because we are bound to be criticized for whatever we say.

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

Apologised for the language used in the earlier mail/posts.
You were doing well up to that point :)

Nothing else to say or clarify because we are bound to be criticized for whatever we say.
Suggests that you might not have learnt the lessons so well.

Still... it's your company: why should I care about it?

You were doing well up to that point :)

Suggests that you might not have learnt the lessons so well.

Still... it's your company: why should I care about it?

LOL I agree :). It was going good..... Until the Xtreme Fail in the second last sentence.

It just shows that Spidey's problem is getting fixed *only* because he posted here.

And to call me lazy or something, just because the cable was in some box within the box and I had'nt ripped open all the packing is just immature ness.
I will be first to accept that I missed the cable, but it is a act of omission and not purposeful game I played. Is their any JOY for me to SEND the machine , get such replies and suffer ?
See, I sent the orignal box to him for repair of machine and he co-incidentlally found the cable. If I intented to cheat on him I would just have removed this second cable and kept quiet and in bargain got two cables.

Noone ever said that you did it ON PURPOSE. And noone made an accusation that you intended to cheat with regard to HDMI cable. But then you missed the cable which was clearly in the box and that is indeed your fault even if it is of omission! Apart from that I am on your side for the other issues.

What may have rattled Xstreamer (Sumit) more and made him write that post is that no single member till then wrote that on the HDMI cable part xtsreamer was not only not at fault but infact they did good by sending another cable!

You were going good and was about to "thank" you for the post but the last line ruined it all. It makes the whole mail look superficial !

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back