"COSTLY" and Scarce after-sales from Xtreamer India

Guys, let there be peace.

Sumit has apologized for his remarks.

Secondly , don't misinterpret his last sentence where he says anything he says will be criticized. It just means that any further argument in this matter will only deteriorate the situation. I think he has shown refrain in posting and become reasonable even if late.

Let the matter rest till i get and check the item.

thanks

Spidey :
I am Happy to see your anger cool down buddy...that's a positive sign....

Xtreamer.India :
Lets hope things work fine...

Others :
As i earlier said, that things go wrong...
There was nothing to teach Xtreamer a lesson...
He is well aware that if he loses one customer, he will loose 100...
So, no negative comments against anyone please...
But, lets hope things sort out...
And let one more product be good to the society...

Cheers....

I am Happy to see your anger cool down buddy...that's a positive sign....
He got some service: that's the positive sign. All dealers are customers in other areas of their lives: wouldn't you get mad if this happened to you?

He got some service: that's the positive sign. All dealers are customers in other areas of their lives: wouldn't you get mad if this happened to you?

Obviously Yes...
But, in case when there is no initiative at all from the Supplier or Company...

But, here its not that Sumit rejected giving service at all, but yes it was not as expected...
And its not that Sumit has given any special service as Spidey has complained over Forum...

Electronics go faulty, its not a special thing...
The issue that created problem was the mis-communication between the Supplier and the Customer...

As a customer, some-times, due to delay in service or some or the other issue, we also tend to get aggressive on the Supplier, taking all his words as negative...But, once the issue is resolved we take it coolly...
The same happened with Spidey as well...
He finally received the product back, and its working fine now, so he is happy...

Obviously Yes...
But, in case when there is no initiative at all from the Supplier or Company...

But, here its not that Sumit rejected giving service at all, but yes it was not as expected...
And its not that Sumit has given any special service as Spidey has complained over Forum...

He finally received the product back, and its working fine now, so he is happy...

You are obviously incapable of following a thread. According to Spidey's post the item has not reached yet, so how did you conclude that it's "working"?

The issue is getting resolved only because Spidey posted here. He was also promised a brand new piece if the repaired one did not work (see xtreamer's "attempt at apology" post). All that happened because he went public with the problem. The fact that you're a dealer and trying to twist the description is unsurprising, and your conduct too is questionable.

The fact that you're a dealer and trying to twist the description is unsurprising, and your conduct too is questionable.

Mridul has stated he's more interested in public good rather than profits and such mere inanities. At least that's the impression I got from a few of his posts. I take him at full face value why don't you? It's pretty rare to have such a shining paradigm of selflessness amidst us. I mean there's no reason for him to post on this thread, nothing really useful to add, yet he does so selflessly devoting his time. Ah I weep with joy! How can you not see all this server? tch... tch.. tch...

;)

Recieved the Xtreamer Pro back today.

A problem : the rear channels don't give any sound in movies.

source : DVD ISO , Dolby Digital ( no MA/HD stuff)

Talked to Sumit, he also cant explain this.

Regarding the sound DISAPPEARING from HDMI , I will have to run for some time before I can comment on that problem.

thanks

Regarding the sound DISAPPEARING from HDMI , I will have to run for some time before I can comment on that problem.

thanks

Ok, Can I make a suggestion here?
If you can get an optical cable to connect Xtreamer to AVR, you can verify if the fault is with ISO or Xtreamer/AVR.

Another thing you can try is turning on/off xtreamer's bitstreaming capabilities (assuming it does bitstream).

From your previous posts, I have a gut feeling that your AVR is not behaving well with xtreamer. Audio over HDMI is still in very nascent stage, hence such compatiblity problems are bound to happen. If your television supports audio over HDMI (HDMI 1.3), then give that a shot for some time, to see if u have audio issue.

The product was delivered yesterday at 11:00 AM.

Gati ->Ahead in reach

Mail sent to Mr. Spidey in answer to his queries at 10:28AM:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your mail and confirmation about receipt of product.

HD audio formats/mode have some known issues in the new beta firmware. Please bear till the time the final version is released.

Regards,

Customer Support
Xtreamer India
New Delhi

Mail sent to Mr. Spidey in answer to his queries at 11:13AM:

Dear Sir,

If you are not using DTS-HD-MA or Dolby True-HD, it will be a better option to use firmware version 2.3.3 till the time final version of 2.4 is released officially.

Please download and install firmware version of 2.3.3 from the following like. Since you downgrading it, please install the emergency firmware version 2.3.3 and read the instruction before doing it.

Xtreamer.Net - XtreamerPro firmware 2.3.3

If you still face the problem, one more step would be try your Xtreamer Product at a different AVR. If it does not work there also, we will refund your money.

Regards,

Customer Support
Xtreamer India
New Delhi

thanks

thanks

Sorry about that. How about if you try with some downloaded HD file- there are lots of samples you can download from the internet.

If not, I actually think it's time you give up on this piece of junk and just try to get your money back. If he doesn't agree, at least take him up on the brand new piece he offered you in the previous post.

Seems to me like the typical Indian buying experience I am very familiar with now. I wouldn't be surprised if this "company" consists of just this one Sumit guy talking care of everything from sales, ads (AKA forum posts), customer "service", accounts all while sitting in his shack with internet access..

Hi Server,

The dealer has offered money back in his most recent post. So I'd think it's not germane to the issue if he's just a one man op as long as Spidey doesn't lose his money. There are a lot of guys trying to set up business are one/two man ops in the initial stage till it becomes successful. As long as the customer (Spidey's) happy with the way this ultimately pans out, should not be an issue no?

Yes most Indian buying experiences are crappy in my experience too. I've got far far better, prompter and smarter/intelligent service from abroad than here. And then Indian dealers become cry babies and whine about nobody buying from them/people should buy only from them and not buy from abroad :rolleyes:

Anyway I can see a happy ending either way with Spidey getting it to work or getting his money back, which Sumit has assured him, so all's well that ends well.

Regards

UPDATE :

the audio problem is still there.

11:30 AM : Played a DVD ISO with HDMI sound working fine
11:45 AM: closed the system and put on standby

06:30 PM: Again started the same DVD ISO : NO SOUND .

thanks

UPDATE :

the audio problem is still there.

11:30 AM : Played a DVD ISO with HDMI sound working fine
11:45 AM: closed the system and put on standby

06:30 PM: Again started the same DVD ISO : NO SOUND .

thanks

Check whether you have assigned your AVR audio input for optical/coaxial ->yes and the HDMI audio -> yes, if you have assigned optical/coaxial input for HDMI input adisable it.
In your Xtremer optical output -> No and HDMI audio passthrough -> yes

Sometimes because of HDMI handshaking the TV has to be switched first and then the AVR. In my case if I switch the TV after the AVR then the TV speaker will be active and I have to switch the audio in the Sony TV from TV to AVR.

Seems to me like the typical Indian buying experience I am very familiar with now. I wouldn't be surprised if this "company" consists of just this one Sumit guy talking care of everything from sales, ads (AKA forum posts), customer "service", accounts all while sitting in his shack with internet access..

If you take out the Internet access part from this paragraph, this sounds very similar to how Bill Hewlett & Dave Packard started out in a garage a.k.a "shack" and went on to create HP as we know it. Not saying that Xtreamer India is one such company, but a single man operation operating from a shack doesn't seem to be a problem as long as one gets the required products & support. And with easy Internet access, how does it matter where the company is actually located?

One question I want to ask :

If a Xtreamer or any media device is connected to an AVR thru HDMI, can the AVR switch off the HDMI audio-output before or after handshake??

thanks

If a Xtreamer or any media device is connected to an AVR thru HDMI, can the AVR switch off the HDMI audio-output before or after handshake??

You can only change the source. There is no question of switching on or off.

Cheers

UPDATE :

5 days over , wrote a email to Xtreamer regarding the problem and asked for a solution >>
NO REPLY.

SO ..

:: ZERO TECHNICAL SUPPORT FROM LOCAL XTREAMER INDIA ::.

At least they should call and try to solve the problem if they cant afford to keep and send service engineer network all over India.

Just because they are running a COST SAVING setup by eliminating SERVICE PEOPLE ... why should we suffer ??

The story of 2 XTREAMER IN INDIA :

Which one is the Authorised Importer and Dealer ??

Both have different offices, different PRICES, different policies and different after-sales support.

1) Xtreamer india : Xtreamer is being sold in India by Xtreamer India xtreamerindia.in
I purchase from this group.
xtr1.jpg

the second one :-
2) Xtreamer India xtreamer.in

xtr2.jpg

SO which one to believe?

thanks

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back