Couldn't connect my new Polk magnifi mini with Mi TV (55") via HDMI ARC

medianandha

Hi all,

I have recently bought the Polk Magnifi mini Soundbar to connect to my MI 55" TV.

But the problem is when I tried to connect it via HDMI ARC, t isn't working.

At the same time Playing songs from Mobiles via Bluetooth and Chromecasting via Google Home is working fine. But the main purpose of playing the sound for TV isn't resolved.

MY TV doesn't have an Optical Output. It has only HDMI ARC or SPDIF only. Polk has HDMI / Optical / Aux only.

Any suggestions Please?

Last edited:
Just for better understanding, I have removed all other HDM Connections like PS4 and STB. and connected only soundbar with the TV through the HDMI ARC port.

IMG 1 - Polk MAgnifi Mini
IMG 2 - The TV backside ports which have HDMI ARC.
IMG 3 - HDMI cable provided with the Soundbar was attached to the TV.
IMG 4 - The Cable is connected in the Soundbar along with the power cable.

Am I missing anything?

four.jpegone.jpegtwo.jpegthree.jpeg

Just for better understanding, I have removed all other HDM Connections like PS4 and STB. and connected only soundbar with the TV through the HDMI ARC port.

IMG 1 - Polk MAgnifi Mini
IMG 2 - The TV backside ports which have HDMI ARC.
IMG 3 - HDMI cable provided with the Soundbar was attached to the TV.
IMG 4 - The Cable is connected in the Soundbar along with the power cable.

Am I missing anything?

View attachment 42307View attachment 42306View attachment 42309View attachment 42308
Connection seems fine. What about the audio settings in your tv? And also do you have another HDMI cable to test ?

I have tested various Amazon Basics HDMI cable with the soundbar. Nothing worked.

Also in TV Sound settings only two options available to choose.
1.TV Default
2.SPDIF

Read the artcle that MI will be automatically detecting the HDMI ARC connectivity. No need to choose it manually. So it should work like charm.

I have tested various Amazon Basics HDMI cable with the soundbar. Nothing worked.

1.TV Default
2.SPDIF

Read the artcle that MI will be automatically detecting the HDMI ARC connectivity. No need to choose it manually. So it should work like charm.
Ok then I suspect issue is mostly with the tv.

1.TV Default
2.SPDIF

It may not be in tv sound settings. Check under TV network settings (HDMI CEC control) and HDMI settings.

After many struggles found the solution finally.

We have to use the HDMI 1.4 or above version cable to make it work with the Mi TV. For other TVs, Polk's provided cable is enough.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00GG59HU2/ is the one which I ordered and got it yesterday. It was working absolutely fine.

Now continuously checking the audio quality of the soundbar. Let me update the feedbacks about it.

After many struggles found the solution finally.

We have to use the HDMI 1.4 or above version cable to make it work with the Mi TV. For other TVs, Polk's provided cable is enough.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00GG59HU2/ is the one which I ordered and got it yesterday. It was working absolutely fine.

Now continuously checking the audio quality of the soundbar. Let me update the feedbacks about it.
I also have Mi TV4 55" (original 2018) model that I'm unable to play audio through HDMI ARC despite using different cables and settings. Could you please share a screenshot of the cable you finally used to get this working? I have purchased a Mivi S200 soundbar that I'm trying to use it with my Mi TV as it's speakers have gone bad and distort sound.

Also, if you did any settings in TV, screenshots/camera images of that would be super helpful. I have been trying this for 3+ months but haven't been successful. I'd really appreciate if you can spare a few mins and share your expertise. Thanks in advance.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back