Cowon D2+ Final Questions

raguanu

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Cowon D2+. I've been through the posts in this forum which clarified many things. There are a few things I'd like to make sure before buying.

1. 4000 file limit. Including SD card? Any existing user reached the limit and face any problem?
  2. mp3 (id3) comments tag. What exactly is the problem? Does the same problem exist with FLAC, with vorbis comments? My flac+mp3 collection has comments, custom tags (like Conductor, record label, instruments etc), and multiple entries for same field. (Genre = Classical, Genre = Boroque)
  3. Unicode tags: Any Idea if it supports indic text in tag/filenames? (artist=????????)
  4. Where to buy? Couldn't find in shops/malls in Hyderabad. Know a place? (Cowon India site offered best price, so far, online. Any other suggestions?)
  5. No cure for the Noisy Voice Recording, or the WMA format only problem?
  6. Any other known issues, comments, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

hey buddy. few of our forum members own one of these..

pm thevnk for this as he owns of these.. he might be able to assist you for the same in a better way... also he is in hyd...

I doubt you will be able to get it in Hyd .. probably have to order online..
How did u finalize the d2+ ? Do you need video ?

And welcome.

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Cowon D2+. I've been through the posts in this forum which clarified many things. There are a few things I'd like to make sure before buying.

1. 4000 file limit. Including SD card? Any existing user reached the limit and face any problem?
  2. mp3 (id3) comments tag. What exactly is the problem? Does the same problem exist with FLAC, with vorbis comments? My flac+mp3 collection has comments, custom tags (like Conductor, record label, instruments etc), and multiple entries for same field. (Genre = Classical, Genre = Boroque)
  3. Unicode tags: Any Idea if it supports indic text in tag/filenames? (artist=????????)
  4. Where to buy? Couldn't find in shops/malls in Hyderabad. Know a place? (Cowon India site offered best price, so far, online. Any other suggestions?)
  5. No cure for the Noisy Voice Recording, or the WMA format only problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have been using one since July of this year. I can share my experience - not sure how much it will help.

Purchase - I bought it online from Ebay India. eBay My World - synergetics_in1

I think this dealer is not presently stocking it. Suggest you buy only from the dealers listed on the Cowon India site Find A Dealer You will get warranty for it. I did and I was lucky as I had to use it. My hold button stopped working just recently. Contacted Cowon India with a scanned copy of the bill. They promptly asked me to send the piece over to them for repairs.

Secondly, the build quality. The build quality is quite good, except for this hold button. I think it gets loose/tight or something. Of course, my case might be an exception.

Screengard. Make sure you get one soon. The sticker that comes with it is quite good, stays for a long time, but it will peel off in due time.

Some songs did not play. Had to remove tags - worked fine after that. No big issue.

Have not had to deal with the issues outlined above much, so I can't specifically help you out there.

Hi,

1. 4000 file limit. Including SD card? Any existing user reached the limit and face any problem?-- Lets say a song is 4mb (Lowest quality), and 4*4000 ~~ 15GB. Is it not enough? Dont worry about this, I have 16GB card+8gb D2, never faced this issue
  2. mp3 (id3) comments tag. What exactly is the problem? Does the same problem exist with FLAC, with vorbis comments? My flac+mp3 collection has comments, custom tags (like Conductor, record label, instruments etc), and multiple entries for same field. (Genre = Classical, Genre = Boroque)-- I normally use the file name to search,so can not comment on this
  4. Where to buy? Couldn't find in shops/malls in Hyderabad. Know a place? (Cowon India site offered best price, so far, online. Any other suggestions?)--you can buy online from COWON india site.I brought mine 3 yrs back from USA
  5. No cure for the Noisy Voice Recording, or the WMA format only problem?---You will have this issue with almost all the players.Trust me D2's recording is very good.
--No Other issues. Buy it eyes closed. Good Battery,EQ,Format support,Touch screen, Expandability,Flash games, Themes, Ditionary,Rockbox etc.
Thanks in advance.

See my responses in red.Let me know, if you have any specific questions.

Thanks fellas, you guys are awesome!

I'm a long time transcend-tsonic user. I was planning to buy the new 860. (flac, line-in record, memory card slot, slightly bigger screen, budget). I'm not quite content with transcend's navigation, no tags browsing?

One particular review mentioned Cowon D2+, saying something like "this player is absolutely amazing for its price, can only be rivaled by cowon d2". I remembered seeing this on infibeam.com too.

I liked the UI & notepad :). It doesnt hurt to have some video, but it's not really the criteria.

I'm a long time transcend-tsonic user. I was planning to buy the new 860. (flac, line-in record, memory card slot, slightly bigger screen, budget). I'm not quite content with transcend's navigation, no tags browsing?

One particular review mentioned Cowon D2+, saying something like "this player is absolutely amazing for its price, can only be rivaled by cowon d2". I remembered seeing this on infibeam.com too.

I liked the UI & notepad :). It doesnt hurt to have some video, but it's not really the criteria.

(attempt 3 to post)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back