Craftel DGL-5000 HT Amp. from Audiocraft - Chennai

diplomat

I recently had a demo of the multichannel amp DGL-5000 from Craftel-Chennai at Pudupet shop, which is rated 70w rms at 8ohms per channel with dolby digital/prologic and DTS decoder processor in built. The unit has inputs like optical, coaxial and two channel analog with amplified output for all six channels of typical 5.1 config. including sub. The demo of unit was only through local made dvd player optically linked, but the quality of output to the attached tower package from them was simply outstanding. May be if some one just forget about the make and display of unit front panel, the performance is comparable with any entry level AVR. I do agree the unit has no AM/FM and video handling facility as that of a normal AVR, but taking the decoding and amplification alone into consideration, the sound is phenomenal even with two channel source under DSPs. The unit is worth an entry level amp with decoder which has been justified after the demo of Air Force One DTS dvd. The unit also is bundled up with floor standers and sold as package at very nice price point for normal users, keeping high end HT lovers apart.

Hi,

Its nice to hear that our local people are churning out such stuff !

Hmm I always thought Dolby,DTS labs approval is required for such and products with these it costs $$$$ !! anyway its good news !!!!

Well to be very frank though Am very interested to see such and product ! But so far inspite of repeated requests Am yet to see a single pic of any product from the said firm :confused: !!!! Now I don't know why or what is the reason !! but sure do like to see soon !!

So please if someone could just post some pics of this very product and some others from the firm it'll great help to the forum !!

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Soundsgreat,

I am also using Craftel speakers and amplifier since one year. I have posted the pictures in the post "showcase your audio video setup'. Please check out when you have time.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi,

Its nice to hear that our local people are churning out such stuff !

Hmm I always thought Dolby,DTS labs approval is required for such and products with these it costs $$$$ !! anyway its good news !!!!

Well to be very frank though Am very interested to see such and product ! But so far inspite of repeated requests Am yet to see a single pic of any product from the said firm :confused: !!!! Now I don't know why or what is the reason !! but sure do like to see soon !!

So please if someone could just post some pics of this very product and some others from the firm it'll great help to the forum !!

Regards.

Hi,

For those who are interested in Craftel products, here is the contact details.

Audio Craft
No.37 Harris Road (Aathithanar Salai)
3rd floor, Pudupet,
Chennai 600002
Phone : 28521243
au_craftel (at) yahoo (dot) com

Landmark : 50 feet from Cafe Green hotel.

pictures and price information and a location where they could be auditioned!

Hi,

Muthu I've missed the pics since you've not included it in your posts :p!! just saw the pics through picasa !

Thanks for the info :)! Now the wait is for pics of the DTS amp from them !!

Regards.

I will get the pics soon here on the forum. I am sorry to say that I have no digicam or even cam on my mobile to take the snaps when I had the demo. But u all will see these pics soon here. I understand such kind of standalone modules are very rare and even to all the members I must say that, Mr Marc gives the option of selecting only the decoder with DSP and pre amp out/optical-coaxial in/two channel in on the rear, output of which can then be fed to either high end multichannel amp or even computer speaker modules without decoder etc. etc. These kind of separate decoder concept may not be worth in market for which Creative DD-DTS100 is out of production which was once upon a time at 11K in India. Members looking for optional decoder board with DSP and remote can look forward to such nice option. The address by Sri Muthu is the exact one where I had the demo.

I will keep the forum informed about any such non conventional HT items coming on my way at Chennai.

Diplomat,

Thanks for the information. Me and my friend are planning to visit Audiocraft soon and at that time I will carry my digicam and take some snapshots of the amplifier and the HT package. Today, we spoke to Mark about the prices and a requirement of a preamplifier with 10 inputs. We had already given a diagram for front panel. Since we require magnetic and ceramic inputs, the amp. design takes some time.

Additional info: Home theater speakers in piano black finish to be released in two weeks. This is to match the color of LCD TVs.

Regards,
Muthu

I will get the pics soon here on the forum. I am sorry to say that I have no digicam or even cam on my mobile to take the snaps when I had the demo. But u all will see these pics soon here. I understand such kind of standalone modules are very rare and even to all the members I must say that, Mr Marc gives the option of selecting only the decoder with DSP and pre amp out/optical-coaxial in/two channel in on the rear, output of which can then be fed to either high end multichannel amp or even computer speaker modules without decoder etc. etc. These kind of separate decoder concept may not be worth in market for which Creative DD-DTS100 is out of production which was once upon a time at 11K in India. Members looking for optional decoder board with DSP and remote can look forward to such nice option. The address by Sri Muthu is the exact one where I had the demo.

I will keep the forum informed about any such non conventional HT items coming on my way at Chennai.

@diplomat, how much does the Multi-channel amp and Speaker package cost ?
Eagerly waiting for the photos...

I am not sure about the exact price as I already have dedicated HT, but its less than 30K even with huge floor standers and sub. Kindly get the demo first and then go for the price, because individual test may differ sometimes. I am sure you will be happy to take the package home after demo.

Diplomat,

Thanks for the information. Me and my friend are planning to visit Audiocraft soon and at that time I will carry my digicam and take some snapshots of the amplifier and the HT package. Today, we spoke to Mark about the prices and a requirement of a preamplifier with 10 inputs. We had already given a diagram for front panel. Since we require magnetic and ceramic inputs, the amp. design takes some time.

Additional info: Home theater speakers in piano black finish to be released in two weeks. This is to match the color of LCD TVs.

Regards,
Muthu

Thanks a lot Sri Muthu, pl take some snaps of powered sub he has, so that forum will have a feel of such units without heatsink on the rear. In fact I have such an unit from Marc, but couldn't post any pic so far. Ur help in this regard will be highly useful for other members. Waiting to see those snaps uploaded soon here........

regards

My sincere aplogies to all the guys on this thread. I had visited Mark quite sometime ago and spent a whole day reviewing his systems. I was quote impressed with what he is doing, and I am 3/4th of the way in writing a detailed review.

I have CD full of snaps. Seeing the enthusiasm here, I am posting snaps of Mark's center speaker, sub, and large floor stander. I shall post some more snaps tonight. I will also complete the review before this week and post it.

Cheers

The Craftel Sub

The Craftel Center Speaker

The Craftel Large Floor Stander

Last edited:
Muthu,

I know you sent me a reminder. The detailed review will be up by this weekend positively. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers

Muthu,

I know you sent me a reminder. The detailed review will be up by this weekend positively. Sorry for the delay.

Cheers
Thanks a lot sir, I know u have been in touch with Marc and ur review is going to throw more light on his products. PL keep on posing the snaps. Thanks again for ur effort. I will try to meet you at Chennai shortly to have more info....

regards.

Here are more photos of Craftel amps and speakers.

1. Audiocraft's flagship speaker that has two woofers, a mid range, and two tweeters. The squarish tweeter on the top right has been specially designed by Mark to handle frequencies of upto 45KHz.

2. The massive Audiocraft sub that has no heat sinks, but a side firing 12 inch driver.

3. The HT demo room with both the flagship and second floorstanding speakers, a 5.1 multi channel amp, and the massive sub on the left side.

4. The 'Blastodium'. I really don't understand how Mark has done this. But this is a sub cum amplifier for a car that pumps out a huge 600 watts!! Mark has done some witchcraft to produce so much power from a mere 12 volts!!

5. The Craftel 1500T is the first amp I have seen that has a USB slot in the face plate. You can play any music that you embed on a pen drive. This will be of immense value in PA systems where you can put some 500 songs on a stick and forget about it for one full day of piped music. Of course, this can be used at homes also for people who like MP3 music. .

6. A view of the multi channel amplifier and the stereo amplifier.

7. A view of the floor stander that has side firing woofers.

8. The Craftel Stereo integrated amp - STA 242.

Cheers

Last edited:
3, The second in-line floor standers with two woofers, a mid range, and a tweeter.

Venkat,

Thanks a lot for the photos. Is it a centre channel speaker or floorstander that you mentioned in point no. 3. Just for clarification.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Venkatji,

Now these photos have troubled my mind. I will have to consider your suggestion to visit craftel in chennai.

I will get back when time permits(not long) until i wake up my frind in chennai.

Thanks for these photos and looking forward to visit Chennai.

Just two silly queries:

Do they ship to hyderabad(I mean india...any part)?

Can I get atleast 1 year warranty or maybe more?

My receiver being yamaha v663, can it power these monster of sized devils?

that would be the end.

regards
Anooj

Hi Mr.Venkat,
Thank you so much for the pics.I am so very desperate to see these amazing looking speakers.I'm sure they'll sound as good as they look.
Just one note the pics could have been bigger.

And we are all waiting for you Review.So make it sooooon...:p

with best wishes,
Samuel

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back