Craftel DGL-5000 HT Amp. from Audiocraft - Chennai

Venkat,

Thanks a lot for the photos. Is it a centre channel speaker or floorstander that you mentioned in point no. 3. Just for clarification.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Ooops Sorry. That is the center channel made to stand !!! :)

I will correct the picture

Cheers

Just two silly queries:
Do they ship to hyderabad(I mean india...any part)?
Can I get atleast 1 year warranty or maybe more?
My receiver being yamaha v663, can it power these monster of sized devils?

that would be the end.

I am sure Mark will be happy to ship to Hyderabad. About warranty, Mark was talking about 5 years for his products. So I am sure you will 1 year or more. Mark is gem of a guy. very pleasant, and ready to bend for the customer. You must listen to them.

Mark himself uses Yamaha amps for testing. The Craftel speakers including the huge flagship will work very well with the Yamaha 663.

Samuel, regarding the picture size, all these are 1.5 MB files. What you should do is to download the pictures into your hard disk from Image Shack. Then you can see it in whatever size you want. I think Image Shack keeps it small to save on the bandwidth.

Cheers.

Venkatji.

I've got nothing more to say and/or ask with regard to my speaker buying and am not going to visit any showroom from now.

I shall post only after visiting Craftel. For that kind of price I can stove aside my stoic intentions of buying from Hyderabad only. chennai is just a stone throw away....

Thanks venkat for posting these pictures. Let me get my plan right first for the visit and see if I could trouble you to meet in chennai/place you say sir.

Warm regards,
Anooj Mangalam

Venkat, could you post your listening impressions of the Craftel amps and speakers also, when you get a chance? I sure would be interested and looking at the interest I am sure others might be too. Thanks in advance.

Re: Audiocraft-chennai

hi venkatji,

proud know about the audiocraft brand from your good reviews, thanks for your effort helping everyone know about the audio craft and Mr.Mark......Being A/V dealer, sure i will visit audio craft for dealing thier products in my showroom.

thanks,
Audio Galaxy,
jeeva bharathi

Here are more photos of Craftel amps and speakers.

1. Audiocraft's flagship speaker that has two woofers, a mid range, and two tweeters. The squarish tweeter on the top right has been specially designed by Mark to handle frequencies of upto 45KHz.

2. The massive Audiocraft sub that has no heat sinks, but a side firing 12 inch driver.

3. The HT demo room with both the flagship and second floorstanding speakers, a 5.1 multi channel amp, and the massive sub on the left side.

4. The 'Blastodium'. I really don't understand how Mark has done this. But this is a sub cum amplifier for a car that pumps out a huge 600 watts!! Mark has done some witchcraft to produce so much power from a mere 12 volts!!

5. The Craftel 1500T is the first amp I have seen that has a USB slot in the face plate. You can play any music that you embed on a pen drive. This will be of immense value in PA systems where you can put some 500 songs on a stick and forget about it for one full day of piped music. Of course, this can be used at homes also for people who like MP3 music. .

6. A view of the multi channel amplifier and the stereo amplifier.

7. A view of the floor stander that has side firing woofers.

8. The Craftel Stereo integrated amp - STA 242.

Cheers

its a pleasure to watch the big babies, fed up with all those small speakers costing a bomb. hope this stuff gives good SQ at an affordable price

My sincere aplogies to all the guys on this thread. I had visited Mark quite sometime ago and spent a whole day reviewing his systems. I was quote impressed with what he is doing, and I am 3/4th of the way in writing a detailed review.

I have CD full of snaps. Seeing the enthusiasm here, I am posting snaps of Mark's center speaker, sub, and large floor stander. I shall post some more snaps tonight. I will also complete the review before this week and post it.

Cheers

The Craftel Sub

The Craftel Center Speaker

The Craftel Large Floor Stander

thanks, lovely pics. an approx price of these beauties will be more appreciated. hope their SQ is as good as their looks

thanks, lovely pics. an approx price of these beauties will be more appreciated. hope their SQ is as good as their looks

All these products are in the 10 to 20K range. For exact prices please call Mark at 044-2852 1243 or 92821 02357

Cheers

Venkatji.

I've got nothing more to say and/or ask with regard to my speaker buying and am not going to visit any showroom from now.

I shall post only after visiting Craftel. For that kind of price I can stove aside my stoic intentions of buying from Hyderabad only. chennai is just a stone throw away....

Thanks venkat for posting these pictures. Let me get my plan right first for the visit and see if I could trouble you to meet in chennai/place you say sir.

Warm regards,
Anooj Mangalam

u have me for company, with this amazing stuff i am also putting my audition plans on shelf for the time being, till i get to audition them. any1 in hydbad is owning this craftel stuff, just looking for an oppurtunity for local audition in hydbad.

regards

wow

these products look nice.(the fit and finish in pics look better than norge too)
hope i see/hear them soon.

Here are more photos of Craftel amps and speakers.

1. Audiocraft's flagship speaker that has two woofers, a mid range, and two tweeters. The squarish tweeter on the top right has been specially designed by Mark to handle frequencies of upto 45KHz.

2. The massive Audiocraft sub that has no heat sinks, but a side firing 12 inch driver.

3. The HT demo room with both the flagship and second floorstanding speakers, a 5.1 multi channel amp, and the massive sub on the left side.

4. The 'Blastodium'. I really don't understand how Mark has done this. But this is a sub cum amplifier for a car that pumps out a huge 600 watts!! Mark has done some witchcraft to produce so much power from a mere 12 volts!!

5. The Craftel 1500T is the first amp I have seen that has a USB slot in the face plate. You can play any music that you embed on a pen drive. This will be of immense value in PA systems where you can put some 500 songs on a stick and forget about it for one full day of piped music. Of course, this can be used at homes also for people who like MP3 music. .

6. A view of the multi channel amplifier and the stereo amplifier.

7. A view of the floor stander that has side firing woofers.

8. The Craftel Stereo integrated amp - STA 242.

Cheers

thanks venkat for those lovely pics. if indicative prices of these items are also listed , it will be helpul for the forum members as audiocraft website is not there and info from net is diffcult to get about these items other than this forum. so some volunteers like you need to put all possible info (tech+commercial) of these impressive VFM products
regards

My sincere aplogies to all the guys on this thread. I had visited Mark quite sometime ago and spent a whole day reviewing his systems. I was quote impressed with what he is doing, and I am 3/4th of the way in writing a detailed review.

I have CD full of snaps. Seeing the enthusiasm here, I am posting snaps of Mark's center speaker, sub, and large floor stander. I shall post some more snaps tonight. I will also complete the review before this week and post it.

Cheers

@Venkatcr

Hi Venkat ji, Where is the review? :) Is'nt the week over?? ;) :D

Eagerly Awaiting.

Thanks,

Few of the images of Mark's flagship floorstanders which he is marketing under the name of 'Stage 99' are in the below link..

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

The Square tweeters (in the images) are supposed to be 'super tweeters' which has the range from 16Khz to 40Khz.. (Though we might not be able to hear most of the sounds created by them) ;)

Thanks,

Last edited:
To answer Balsto and Cranky's questions, I spoke to Mark of Audiocraft today.

Based upon some MOSFET based designs left behind by his father, Mark has built a completely new amp that he claims is far better. He has also redesigned his flagship speakers to sound better. Last time I met him, I mentioned to him about the cross talk between mid range and low end frequencies. He has redesigned the crossover and has cleared these issues. If that is true his speakers should be killers for the price range.

Mark has promised he will send both his amp and speakers to me in the next two weeks. I shall use the speakers and amp with my existing DVD Players and 875 amp to test them independent of each other. I addition, I shall also test them together.

Please wait for 2 to 3 weeks to see a detailed audition report.

Cheers

Last edited:
Waiting for the review.. :D

Also, if you can compare on how the speakers sound with other good amps like entry level NADs etc compared to crftel amps, it will be great.. :yahoo:

Given that there is no info on impedence, sensitivity, intput power etc of the speakers, it is hard to visualize on which amp they pair well with theoritically also. :indifferent14:

Craftel amps, though might be sounding well, Iam doubtful on its clipping capabilities, dynamic headroom, handling of compressed music etc which the companies like NAD, Marantz perfected over the years. Further, they seem to not have remote controls which might turn out to be a deal breaker. :sad:

Thanks,

Last edited:
kindly detail the following about the speaker with 3-way 5 speaker system(tower). (any body who had disected it..)

Dimension?
Weight?
Impedence?
Sensitivity?
Drivers used (size/make/type of materiel)
Cabinet materiel? (MDF/HDF, thickness) kind of brazing etc.
Cable Connector type?
Colors avilable (other than white edged)?
Power handling capacity?
Cost (very important)??
Shipping cost(cochin)?
Warranty?

Mark has promised he will send both his amp and speakers to me in the next two weeks. I shall use the speakers and amp with my existing DVD Players and 875 amp to test them independent of each other. I addition, I shall also test them together.

Please wait for 2 to 3 weeks to see a detailed audition report.

Cheers

Hi Venkat, Got the system home? How is the initial experience?

Thanks,

I think Venkat is a gentleman. Instead of posting a bad review, MAYBE he is just avoiding it. Venkat, shall we take this as a hint?

regards

Back