Craftel DGL-5000 HT Amp. from Audiocraft - Chennai

Hi Guys,
I had a chance to audition the Murali sir's Craftel speakers last Saturday. It was raining heavily that day and I spoke to Murali for the first time to check if he is free so that I can discuss about what kind of setup should I go for as I was looking for a good stereo setup. He was rushing to meet Mr.mark at that time so he said will call me after he is back home. Murali sir promptly called back and offered me to come home, me eager to see his setup went home after struggling with the rain.

At first sight his speakers seemed a bit tall, kind of okay speakers, but once he started playing the songs one by one, I realized that these speakers have some potential. I am not a experienced guy in terms of modern hi-fi equipment, but have grown up in a home filled with hi-fi junkies in the form of my uncles. So have listed to a fair share of equipment, but not in a position to use the terminologies. Murali sir guided me through each song and they were a revelation to me, i was listening to new sounds in the same songs I have listened before and the songs which I wouldn't have listened in my home sounded good to me. My fav songs are by Rahman and Murali sir's were by Illayaraja, so we listened to a fair share of them for almost 3 hours. I didn't know that old recording can sound so clean, at one point I felt my ears were having some kind of pain, maybe something to with the source of some songs. The feather in the cap for these speakers came when he played "Vennilave" from "Minsara Kannavu", they sounded so detailed I just forgot to open my eyes for some time. Too good were the words I could utter and that is when I realized that with good source these speakers can do wonders. These speakers were definitely worth the time and money that can gone in to them.

Thanks Murali sir. It was nice of you to let me listen in your home and the wonderful tea in a rainy day!!.

Guys if you are going for Craftel speakers, definitely have a word with Murali sir for his inputs, he can help you better.

Regards,

Rajeswaran Kesavan

Hi Guys,
I had a chance to audition the Murali sir's Craftel speakers last Saturday. It was raining heavily that day and I spoke to Murali for the first time to check if he is free so that I can discuss about what kind of setup should I go for as I was looking for a good stereo setup. He was rushing to meet Mr.mark at that time so he said will call me after he is back home. Murali sir promptly called back and offered me to come home, me eager to see his setup went home after struggling with the rain.

At first sight his speakers seemed a bit tall, kind of okay speakers, but once he started playing the songs one by one, I realized that these speakers have some potential. I am not a experienced guy in terms of modern hi-fi equipment, but have grown up in a home filled with hi-fi junkies in the form of my uncles. So have listed to a fair share of equipment, but not in a position to use the terminologies. Murali sir guided me through each song and they were a revelation to me, i was listening to new sounds in the same songs I have listened before and the songs which I wouldn't have listened in my home sounded good to me. My fav songs are by Rahman and Murali sir's were by Illayaraja, so we listened to a fair share of them for almost 3 hours. I didn't know that old recording can sound so clean, at one point I felt my ears were having some kind of pain, maybe something to with the source of some songs. The feather in the cap for these speakers came when he played "Vennilave" from "Minsara Kannavu", they sounded so detailed I just forgot to open my eyes for some time. Too good were the words I could utter and that is when I realized that with good source these speakers can do wonders. These speakers were definitely worth the time and money that can gone in to them.

Thanks Murali sir. It was nice of you to let me listen in your home and the wonderful tea in a rainy day!!.

Guys if you are going for Craftel speakers, definitely have a word with Murali sir for his inputs, he can help you better.

Regards,

Rajeswaran Kesavan

Hi,

That was a beautiful narration by you. Even I am looking forward to buy bookshelves for surrounds. If you are visiting craftel, please let me know, I would be happy to join you!

Hi Venkatesh,
I am not sure when I will be visiting Craftel, check with Murali sir as he is in touch with Mark regularly.

Regards
Rajeswaran K

Hai All,

Here is Set-up Of Mr.Shanmugam of Chennai. Posting the Photos as per his request.

CA DV 99 DVD Player
NORGE Concert Gold-Amp
Craftel Flooorstanders.

I had auditioned the system. Mr.Shanmugam had requested Mr.Mark to design the FS to his preference of music. i.e Carnatic Vocals and Instrumental. The performance of the set-up was good. The hall was about 20 x 16 ft. Played Sudha Raghunathan , OS Arun and TN Krishnan. The speakers were placed 7 ft apart and 2 ft from back wall, toed in. Listening distance was 8 feet. The soundstage was good, seperation of instruments was clear. Vocals sounded lively.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Hai sushant,

The Craftei FS uses a Polyamide tweeter and 2 Mid-bass drivers. The Vocals sounded neutral. Treble was just enough. There was air around the vocals. The NORGE Concerto amp gave a good soundstage and the instruments were placed perfectly. Overall the sound was befitting a Vocal Concert.

N.Murali

I am a beginner and wanted to set up a stereo 2.0 system. This forum helped me in gathering sufficient knowledge. Within my budget of 30k, I bought NORGE 1000 amp, CRAFTEL floor standers and CA DV99. Thanks to Mr.N.Murali whose tips and suggestions lead me a long way in choosing the items. I replaced the interconnects with Profigold Bandridge and DAC 16 AWG speaker cables.
Now I enjoy the vocals and instruments nicely. Satisfied with the present setup. Total cost comes to Rs.34,500.
Once again I thank Mr.Murali for his valuable guidance and this forum members for sharing their knowledge.:)

hai.forum members.iam very much impressed in the craftel demo with the speakers.i dont know what to tell. i just bought a denon 1910 avr .i want to know the matching speakers .50/50 movies and music.iam considering about the craftel f/s.what u people suggest.thanks for thr forum.

Hi Nag,

Marc of Craftel is a nice gentleman.He can make speakers to suit your tastes. So take an audition of his system and decide.Marc can make custom changes according to your wishes too.

cheers,.
sri

knravi, Sir pl take the time go throught the thread. The Craftel ht amp alongwith speakers comes for less than 30k acc to one member, post in 2 nd page of this thread. Also their contact number is given so that you can confirm latest prices.
Hope I was of help.
Titus

sorry for the late reply.mr srikar.i bought floorstanders and surround and center for my dennon 1910.and iam enjoying the 7.1 setup. iam very much satisfied with craftel products and one thing mr marc is a very nice gentleman.my cars ICE IS DONE BY MARC.
CHEERS
MARC PHONE NUMBER 9841023957
044-43180341

Last edited:
sorry for the late reply.mr srikar.i bought floorstanders and surround and center for my dennon 1910.and iam enjoying the 7.1 setup. iam very much satisfied with craftel products and one thing mr marc is a very nice gentleman.my cars ICE IS DONE BY MARC.
CHEERS
MARC PHONE NUMBER 9841023957
044-43180341

Can you please let us know the price you have paid for the speakers? If you do not want to post in the forum, just PM me.

Hi nagurum1974,

Can you please give the price deatials of the speakers and the model details of the speaker you bought from craftel. im alos planning to buy a denon Avr 1910.

Thanks.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back