Crossovers for JBL 4412A

vmscbe1974

Dear members
Off late I feel I should go for a replacement of my JBL 4412A speaker crossovers . I feel the sound quality bit low compared to the initial purchase period , is it advisable to go for a replacement or leave it aside . The overall output for low,mid and high range have come down. I purchased few years before as second hand unit only so unknown history. If the crossovers need to be changed how do I procure it and from where ? Thanks and regards
Srinivasan

Dear members
Off late I feel I should go for a replacement of my JBL 4412A speaker crossovers . I feel the sound quality bit low compared to the initial purchase period , is it advisable to go for a replacement or leave it aside . The overall output for low,mid and high range have come down. I purchased few years before as second hand unit only so unknown history. If the crossovers need to be changed how do I procure it and from where ? Thanks and regards
Srinivasan

Hope this helps with the value's and wiring, as for the availability of the parts hope FM's can help.

https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=82144&d=1535904929

Not from "A" model, but if I'm reading the 4412 manual correctly, there are no electrolytic caps. Not sure you need new XO parts if that's right. Perhaps try to do the easy stuff first--disconnect, clean, reconnect. Try other amp to verify speaker issue, etc first. It's easy to lose years w/o re-making connections and it can matter.

Attachments

• caps_4412_not_A.png
    caps_4412_not_A.png
    629.8 KB · Views: 7
Not from "A" model, but if I'm reading the 4412 manual correctly, there are no electrolytic caps. Not sure you need new XO parts if that's right. Perhaps try to do the easy stuff first--disconnect, clean, reconnect. Try other amp to verify speaker issue, etc first. It's easy to lose years w/o re-making connections and it can matter.
Oh thankyou sir , iam poor at understanding engineering aspects

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back