Custom duty discussion on blu-rays imported

Amazon US is charging a whopping 31-35% Import fee deposit. also you money will get stuck for at least 45-60 days.

Also there is bloodbath in share market. 1$ = 68.22 Now!

So This is VERY BAD time to buy Anything overseas!

Also Don't increase our government CAD which is our Finance minister trying to control !:eek:hyeah:

After several months, I just received a package from Secondspin without any penalty/ duty :=)

My only problem now is I have ended up with a couple of duplicate DVD/ BDs....

After several months, I just received a package from Secondspin without any penalty/ duty :=)

My only problem now is I have ended up with a couple of duplicate DVD/ BDs....

If I don't have the same titles, I will by then from you.

Got almost 60% duty refund for my POTC Davy Jones chest CE. After ~60 days. Mustering some courage back for purchasing something from AMZ US.

Things are getting too much costly due to import Deposits and Rupee depreciation.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but AMZ, UK is now offering tracked shipping with Import Fee deposit via the Amazon Global shipping.

Haven't tried it yet, though.

Yes, I have got a few BDs and DVDs from amazon UK and no duty has been charged. Have ordered some more! They are definitely cheaper than the US store.
Have also seen that often they work out cheaper than buying from India. Only one has to be careful of the region depending on the player one has. That said, a large no of region free BDs are available on the UK store.

Received following Blue rays in 2 packages without any duty. It took nearly 20 days to arrive i had almost given up hope of receiving them ever and about to contact Amazon UK. Thank God it arrived. The packaging was in excellent condition.

1. The Sylvestor Stallone collection
2. Die Hard Quadrilogy
3. M. Night Shyamalan Collection

THis was my first order which i received in India. Earlier orders were delivered in UK itself. Now I'm encouraged to order more.

I recently ordered a 4K Blu Ray box set worth 2400 from Amazon.co.uk

Below is the extra cost I had to Pay DHL during delivery

10% customs duty. (On 2400/-)

28% IGST on import (On 2400/-)

DHL service charges INR 500 (Don't know why)

GST @18% on DHL service charges.

Total extra charges INR 1586. This is pathetic.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back