Cyrus 8 vs2

rajeevarya

I have a Cyrus 8 vs 2 Amp. It needs repairs. Any suggestions. Don't trust the Pune guy. Have nothing against him.

I have a Cyrus 8 vs 2 Amp. It needs repairs. Any suggestions. Don't trust the Pune guy. Have nothing against him.
I had the 8vs about 7 years ago. It developed trouble with the power supply board (diagnosed by a local technician). When I contacted Cyrus they refused to send the board, even though I offered to pay for it (they wanted me to send the whole unit back to UK). When I contacted the Cyrus dealer in Pune, he offered to repair/upgrade the unit to 8vs2 for about the same price it would cost to buy a new unit.
I junked the unit and have not bough any Cyrus product after that.
Hope you have better luck.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid .
I was also given the same option. I did not take it. Have not junked the amp as yet. JD in here is been of help. Hope it works .
Thanks
Rajeev

Sid .
I was also given the same option. I did not take it.
Rajeev
So I guess after the warranty period on Cyrus products should the need for any service arises, this is the only option offered from the authorized dealer - since this is the 2nd documented case here. Perhaps future buyers of Cyrus products should take note.
Cheers,
Sid

I suppose one more requirement needs to be added when buying expensive exotic imported gear. Buy only if it can be fixed within India, within reasonable price.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back