Cyrus 8 vs2

rajeevarya

I have a Cyrus 8 vs 2 Amp. It needs repairs. Any suggestions. Don't trust the Pune guy. Have nothing against him.

I have a Cyrus 8 vs 2 Amp. It needs repairs. Any suggestions. Don't trust the Pune guy. Have nothing against him.
I had the 8vs about 7 years ago. It developed trouble with the power supply board (diagnosed by a local technician). When I contacted Cyrus they refused to send the board, even though I offered to pay for it (they wanted me to send the whole unit back to UK). When I contacted the Cyrus dealer in Pune, he offered to repair/upgrade the unit to 8vs2 for about the same price it would cost to buy a new unit.
I junked the unit and have not bough any Cyrus product after that.
Hope you have better luck.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid .
I was also given the same option. I did not take it. Have not junked the amp as yet. JD in here is been of help. Hope it works .
Thanks
Rajeev

Sid .
I was also given the same option. I did not take it.
Rajeev
So I guess after the warranty period on Cyrus products should the need for any service arises, this is the only option offered from the authorized dealer - since this is the 2nd documented case here. Perhaps future buyers of Cyrus products should take note.
Cheers,
Sid

I suppose one more requirement needs to be added when buying expensive exotic imported gear. Buy only if it can be fixed within India, within reasonable price.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back