DAC as Pre-Amp?

Go for decent DAC with good outputs stage + a lightscribe preamp (Passive preamp)...dont waste time in debates .

in 10-20k range the DAC + pre combo are not good ..

may be in 50k range some wonders you can expect ,

Rosewood audio dac + reputed lightscribe pre is one way< may be 35k

Last edited:
Hi Rohit,
If you already have a PC, I suggest (from personal experience of same gear) you get the following:

1. Xonar soundcard @ 9.5k approx, acts as DAC
2. Pre-owned NAD 326 integrated amp @ 10k approx (This amp will complement your paradigm speakers)

Sound tailoring options:
a. You can tailor the sound of your soundcard by changing-opamps.
b. You can further tailor the sound by choosing between Foobar (w/plugins), and Final media player (see details on this thread >> asus-xonar-essence-st-soundcard-experience)
c. Depending on your preference of sonic-signature You may choose to use the pre-amp of NAD OR bypass pre of NAD > connect card to power-in of NAD > and use the software-pre of card for volume control (I found software-pre option better).
d. When you get funds (approx 30k) for dedicated pre-amp, try this >> Promitheus Pre-amp for best bang for buck. (This pre will give you fuller, richer, sound than the software-pre, and certainly FAR better than the NAD pre)

With above system, and my Usher speakers, I've observed significant improvement by experimenting with interconnects and speaker cables. See if you can borrow these from friends, and find out first hand if the Paradigms can do the same.

Regds,

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back