DAC chips

To their credit that seems to be the only site who stick to measurements alone ...a quick and small subjective take is also present.

Unlike other review sites, they are not funded by anyone else and the equipment is mostly donated by the audience.

They seem to be measuring all that can be reliably measured.

Kal Robinson from stereophile hangs out regularly there too. I wouldn't think he would risk besmirching his name, if he thought that site was a sham.

Due to the technical nature of this site, the people who participate here, seems to be folks with good know how at an engineering level. Maybe not as much as DIY forums yet good enough.

Many a times the architects of the actual products hang out there if the measurements go against what they claim to clarify matters. The resulting discussions are of excellent quality too.

I would really put a limb out and say that this particular forum is one of a kind and helps upcoming audiophiles from losing a lot of money. That reminds me I haven't donated anything there
..I need to do it.

Last edited:
I stay far away from that measuring site. It's hardly a review of any product's real life performance in my opinion.

MaSh

You should probably start a thread on this topic on their forums ... Perhaps you can influence them on what else needs to be measured ?

Why? It's not my business or concern.

MaSh

In the interests of sharing and extending knowledge of course. It would help newbies like us a lot and obviously further the collective audio wisdom.

If you do not want to take the trouble I quite understand. You could instead list the things that they should be including in their measurements here and if it's of any help, I can ask in their forums what they think of it, so that it's less trouble for you.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back