Dac shootout. Hex vs Vega vs Yggdrasil

RegeHA, I asked Wang about the EVO and the Pro. He said to get the EVO. So I guess will stick to it

Yeah, you would not see any performance difference between the two. Either will be fine. You might look to take more than 1 TB though... unless your music fits in a 1 TB HDD.

The Yggdrasil also has been ordered. So that completes my digital rig as of now:)

Nice! Would love to have a listen whenever I'm in Bombay. I suppose the harder (or at least the more tedious) part begins now getting the music, ripping, tagging, etc. Happy trails, Prem!

Sure Orko. The Yggdrasil will take some time to come though. It's on a 4 week back order

Nice! Would love to have a listen whenever I'm in Bombay. I suppose the harder (or at least the more tedious) part begins now getting the music, ripping, tagging, etc. Happy trails, Prem!

I concur. I have many weeks to go before I complete tagging mine :)

Happy listening Prem.

Panditji, the comparison between Yggdrasil and chord hugo at my place would not be possible since I only use balanced connection for my amp

I don't think hugo has a balanced out

Last edited:
Hmmm.. Anyways I still look forward to your review Prem since you have heard a lot of excellent DACs recently and would be in a perfect position to judge the DAC fairly...Congratulations again....

Panditji, the comparison between Yggdrasil and chord hugo at my place would not be possible since I only use balanced connection for my amp

I don't think hugo has a balanced out

You can use RCA to XLR cable, i use it for my genelecs + Mojo :)
I am in bangalore, i will be glad if i can be helpful in any way.

Even though Schiit said it will take 4 weeks, just got a mail saying its shipped. So now will have to wait for someone to get it from the US

Even though Schiit said it will take 4 weeks, just got a mail saying its shipped. So now will have to wait for someone to get it from the US

Ww! That's really nice, [maybe I should have taken a chance on the gumby -was also a backorder !]

ciao
gr

I believe Mike Moffat listens to vinyl at home:)
Very interesting
I think Steve Jobs, the pioneer of digital audio revolution, used to listen to vinyls only back at home. The speakers he used were from Wilson Audio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now I need to finalise my source

Aries Mini or Sonic Orbiter SE or Raspberry Pi? Suggestions and opinions are welcome.

RegeHA, do u use a raspberry Pi?

I use Squeezebox Classic with my Yggy and also a previous generation Apple TV that has optical out. This way, if you have a apple device, you are all set because most, if not all music services are available on iOS.

Everything connected. All working fine. Yggy sounds decent out of the box. Not as bad as guys make it out to be. Now the 15 day wait begins:)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back