DAC's

Thanks Rikhav. If you come to Mumbai, you are most welcome to come and have a listen.

HI

I am planning to buy Beresford DAC, could someone please let me know the link where i can buy in US.

I googled it but of no use.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Narayanareddy

Nari:

The Beresford is a small operation based of the UK. You can order directly with the manufacturer and he will ship to you in the US for US$40. Please follow the link shown below.

Home HIFI

Cheers

one doubt here ...

i have a Yamaha Rxv-361 AVR ..... i feed it with digital co-axial cable from Pioneer DV300s DVDP .The AVR has 24bit/192Khz DAC...:confused:

can i expect a better soud output with a good DAC like Beresford ....

one doubt here ...

i have a Yamaha Rxv-361 AVR ..... i feed it with digital co-axial cable from Pioneer DV300s DVDP .The AVR has 24bit/192Khz DAC...:confused:

can i expect a better soud output with a good DAC like Beresford ....

Kaushik:

Sunil from London, who is a member here, is a user of the Beresford. he says he certainly gets better quality when the Beresford is connected. I would request Sunil to give a more detailed reply.

Kaushik, if you don't see a post from Sunil in a day or two, I would suggest you send him a PM.

Cheers

test results GEFEN DAC :

overall sound quality ...is impressive [i under estimated by seeing the size of unit ].
more mid range and full bodied sound....tried with phil colins,eric clapton,some western classical ,pan pipes.etc ..sound is far better than AVR DAC!
with better DVDP sound will be even better i think.

the DAC was fed with pioneer Dv300s coaxial /optical both

so i suggest 1 dac +normal dvdp+a good amp n speakers all one needs to put nice stereo..setup

connection:
final analog output is fed to multi-ch inputs of AVR[only flat amplification..no DSp applied]

Cost and accessories:
cost :price +shipping=4000Rs
pack comes with
>SMPS 5v [100 to 230v]
>Co-axial cables
>Optical cable [main attraction..:D:]

Kaushik:

Congratulations! You seem have landed a good system at a very good price.

Enjoy your system.

Cheers

well almost ..thanks!venkat

this DAC i took from office..
my company is in the business of set-top box mfg..
so by luck..i got a chance run a test session at home

i wil surely order one of these..:).

kaushik

Last edited:
Hello kaushik,

Interesting.

Can you please saher your views on the following A-B comparision :

1. Please state, each component used in yr system.

2. Now add the DAC, feeding it with the same CD source and running the DAC output to the rest of the same system.

In which areas is the sound better ?

By How much ?

Thanks

Components :
Pioneer DVD player DV 300S
Av reciever YAMAHA Rx-v361
Modified Bookshelf speakers [originally chinese made, added polycon Tweeteres and
PASSIVE X-O etc ]..

setup:

Normal : DVDP>AVR via co-axial /optical> bookshelves ...ok kind of sound having guitars/cymbal/purcussion instruments little less reaveled

with DAC:
DVDP>DAC via co-axial /optical> bookshelves..
full bodied sound[as compared to previous one] ...
acoustic guitars etc very alive ...as well as other instruments , bass is more smooth

i noted co-axial connection sounded better little bit ...

remember comments on sound is subjective matter..
check other places on the net to get a still better idea on that DAC ..
Kaushik

i am happy as i got a GEFEN DAC ... tonight hopefully i will test

can be found here ..
Gefen TV Splitter / Switcher Products

costs 4000Rs Incl all ..

specifications are given on site . not expecting v bigg impact...i will try to evaluate the musicality

Hi i tried looking for the DAC at the site as mentioned but could not find one! Are you talking about the home theater processor ??? But the price for the home pro is 399 USD ................pls specify !
Regards
RB9

Hi,

FWIW, Cambridge Audio is introducing a new DAC - "DACMagic". Some highlights:
- Inputs from any 16/24bit - 32/44.1/48/88.2/96kHz signal
- Upsampling of all signals to 24bit 192KHz
- Digital SPDIF, Toslink and USB inputs
- Unbalanced and balanced outputs
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 high quality DACs (same used in 640C and 740C)

Available in October 2008 at a UK price of 200 GBP (approx $350). Don't know when it will be available in India.

For more details:
Cambridge Audio

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Last edited:
Hi i tried looking for the DAC at the site as mentioned but could not find one! Are you talking about the home theater processor ??? But the price for the home pro is 399 USD ................pls specify !
Regards
RB9

hmm..lott of ppl are seeing the thread from office...
here is it ...
GefenTV Digital Audio to Analog Adapter

itz tiny ... but never neglect it :)

imported thru mumbai vendor ...4000Rs surely ...

did u try buying directly ...?? how much shipping they asked?

Yes, I heard about that. Might be a good idea to get one and marry it with a decent, inexpensive CD transport.

Any suggestions on a reliable, rugged transport that's good value as well? Say INR 10K at the outside.

Persiflage

Hi,

FWIW, Cambridge Audio is introducing a new DAC - "DACMagic". Some highlights:
- Inputs from any 16/24bit - 32/44.1/48/88.2/96kHz signal
- Upsampling of all signals to 24bit 192KHz
- Digital SPDIF, Toslink and USB inputs
- Unbalanced and balanced outputs
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 high quality DACs (same used in 640C and 740C)

Available in October 2008 at a UK price of 200 GBP (approx $350). Don't know when it will be available in India.

For more details:
Cambridge Audio

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Thanks for that pointer Prasad.

I will certainly put my money on it, if available in India at close to its European Retail price.

Any Idea on the comparative price of their CD players in India, vis-a-vis their European Retail prices ?

amp_nut, cambridge is priced very competitively in India. But, I see that chennai distributor giving good prices, but have heard issues on people getting the unit on time as mentioned. While Bombay dealer seems to be more reliable, pricing is quite more. You can get CA 640Cv2 for about 21k in Chennai. But, Cambridge seems to have some Quality control problems as well.

Prasad:

The CA DACMagic looks very very good. If it performs even has good as the DAC1, it is on my purchase list.

Amp_Nut, there is a long thread on inexpensive CD Transports. This was started by Muthuswami and there has been a lot of contribution in that thread.

One of the easiest ways to get an inexpensive CD trasport is to use a PC. The CD players cost less than 2000. Married to a good DAC, they shopuld peform well. That is the idea behind CA's introduction of DACMagic.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back