Dali Ikon 6 + Onkyo SR705 ... Which sub to pick up now??

gautamz

I finally went ahead and got myself a pair of Dali Ikon 6s and an Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver ...

Took me half a day to set them up and boy was it all worth it... i have not been able to crank the volume to full often but when i did.... the clarity of the sound and the punch of the bass brought a ear to ear grin on my face... i am totally loving it!

but what next now... my plan was to slowly build this into a nice home theater set... so i am in the market now for a good projector, a center channel and subwoofer... and constrained budget this time

what subwoofers and center channels can be had for less than 50K combined and would go well with my set up?

I have always been a fan of JBL's bass performance - what good JBL sub can i get for less than 30K?

Also most important - where can i pick up a good set of decently priced banana plugs (to terminate my wires) - in mumbai?

I finally went ahead and got myself a pair of Dali Ikon 6s and an Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver ...

Took me half a day to set them up and boy was it all worth it... i have not been able to crank the volume to full often but when i did.... the clarity of the sound and the punch of the bass brought a ear to ear grin on my face... i am totally loving it!

but what next now... my plan was to slowly build this into a nice home theater set... so i am in the market now for a good projector, a center channel and subwoofer... and constrained budget this time

what subwoofers and center channels can be had for less than 50K combined and would go well with my set up?

I have always been a fan of JBL's bass performance - what good JBL sub can i get for less than 30K?

Also most important - where can i pick up a good set of decently priced banana plugs (to terminate my wires) - in mumbai?

Hi:

Congrats on your purchase of Dali Ikon6 and Onkyo receiver. Two great brands indeed. I really need to hear Ikon6 after all the praises all around, is it really sweet mate ?

How much was the Ikon6 and what cdp and amp you are using for the Dali's ?

I am not an audiophile or some such so can't give an in depth review... the things i was looking for,
1) good clarity at high volumes - i wanted to be able to distinguish voices and different instruments
2) nice bass... something that had a punch and was not harsh and didn't overhelm other sounds

and i got all of this... so am happy!

I got 'em for ~70K and right now running 'em using onkyo tx-sr705.
I am trying to decide which dvd player makes most VFM sense, so right now just running things off the cable or through my macbook

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back