Dali Ikon 6 + Onkyo SR705 ... Which sub to pick up now??

gautamz

I finally went ahead and got myself a pair of Dali Ikon 6s and an Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver ...

Took me half a day to set them up and boy was it all worth it... i have not been able to crank the volume to full often but when i did.... the clarity of the sound and the punch of the bass brought a ear to ear grin on my face... i am totally loving it!

but what next now... my plan was to slowly build this into a nice home theater set... so i am in the market now for a good projector, a center channel and subwoofer... and constrained budget this time

what subwoofers and center channels can be had for less than 50K combined and would go well with my set up?

I have always been a fan of JBL's bass performance - what good JBL sub can i get for less than 30K?

Also most important - where can i pick up a good set of decently priced banana plugs (to terminate my wires) - in mumbai?

I finally went ahead and got myself a pair of Dali Ikon 6s and an Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver ...

Took me half a day to set them up and boy was it all worth it... i have not been able to crank the volume to full often but when i did.... the clarity of the sound and the punch of the bass brought a ear to ear grin on my face... i am totally loving it!

but what next now... my plan was to slowly build this into a nice home theater set... so i am in the market now for a good projector, a center channel and subwoofer... and constrained budget this time

what subwoofers and center channels can be had for less than 50K combined and would go well with my set up?

I have always been a fan of JBL's bass performance - what good JBL sub can i get for less than 30K?

Also most important - where can i pick up a good set of decently priced banana plugs (to terminate my wires) - in mumbai?

Hi:

Congrats on your purchase of Dali Ikon6 and Onkyo receiver. Two great brands indeed. I really need to hear Ikon6 after all the praises all around, is it really sweet mate ?

How much was the Ikon6 and what cdp and amp you are using for the Dali's ?

I am not an audiophile or some such so can't give an in depth review... the things i was looking for,
1) good clarity at high volumes - i wanted to be able to distinguish voices and different instruments
2) nice bass... something that had a punch and was not harsh and didn't overhelm other sounds

and i got all of this... so am happy!

I got 'em for ~70K and right now running 'em using onkyo tx-sr705.
I am trying to decide which dvd player makes most VFM sense, so right now just running things off the cable or through my macbook

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back