Dali Oberon 7 VS Polk Audio RTI7 - Need Reviews!!

vj7

planning a hometheatre setup for our farm: 5.1.2 system ( with dolby atmos )
Room Size: 20x25

so as of now 2 best quotes and reviews received as yet are:

Dali oberon 7- tower speaker, oberon vokal center, oberon on wall surrounds, dali k14F sub, marantz 5014 avr
OR
Polk RTI7 towers, polk csi a6 center, polk fsi a6 surrounds x 2, speaker craft atmos, svs pb1000 sub, marantz 5014 avr

Please advise, as i'm not a audiophile a much, because of covid19, demos are not readily available in my area as yet.

#putting in a fixed 133" Liberty fixed ultra HD matt white screen.

i'm more of a bass punch guy, but a friend from Delhi suggested Dali is faar better than Polk RTI

as a cost cutting measure, can Denon2600 series Drive this setup ?

Kindly Advise
Much Appreciated

Last edited:
I have Polk Signature series based HT. I am quite happy with the performance for the money. But RTI series gotten too old now. I don't have any firsthand experience with Oberon 7s but they seem to have stellar reviews.

I wouldn't consider Marantz if this setup is going to be HT focused. Marantz makes sense only if movies and music is 50-50. Consider Pioneer Elite VSX LX series. They are surprisingly good for both movies and music and may be cheaper than Denon.

Did you consider Elite Screens. I went with 150 inch fixed frame screen from Elite screens. The quality is top notch.

Last edited:

Dali oberon 7- tower speaker, oberon vokal center, oberon on wall surrounds, dali k14F sub, marantz 5014 avr
OR
Polk RTI7 towers, polk csi a6 center, polk fsi a6 surrounds x 2, speaker craft atmos, svs pb1000 sub, marantz 5014 avr

Please advise, as i'm not a audiophile a much, because of covid19, demos are not readily available in my area as yet.

i'm more of a bass punch guy, but a friend from Delhi suggested Dali is faar better than Polk RTI

Kindly Advise
Much Appreciated
Is it a dedicated room or media room ?
Are you considering acoustics?
How loud would you listen?
What's your budget?

OR

Kindly Advise
Much Appreciated

I have polk RTi A7 and running it with Denon 2600H avr. RTI series requires good amount of power to reach its full potential. Don't get me wrong denon 2600 runs them good and I don't have any complaints. I had Polk signature series and RTI series in mind and after lot of research and and watching YT videos I finalised RTI A7 as I like the sound of RTi more than the Signature series and also the RTI cabinet is made up of real wood than that of signature series engineered wood. Quality of the cabinet also has certain impact on the sound.For more reviews join a dedicated Polk Facebook community, they are very helpful and can answer most of your questions.

Just an fyi if you are going with bipolar speakers (fxia6) make sure your room is suitable for it. Bipolar speakers have certain room requirement to sound good.

Is it a dedicated room or media room ?
Are you considering acoustics?
How loud would you listen?
What's your budget?

Yes, a dedicated HT room, but got windows on both sides as wasnt planned upfront,
though getting carpets on the floor and echo cancelling fabric on the rear wall and thick curtains on both side.
budget is under 5L for the Whole Audio Video setup.
PResently PolkRTI quote is approx: 4L incl a benq w1090 projector and fixed screen.
Loud normally, as i raise from Punjab, so its mostly beats/bass specific music :p ( ideally its at farm, so might not be used ALOT )

I have polk RTi A7 and running it with Denon 2600H avr. RTI series requires good amount of power to reach its full potential. Don't get me wrong denon 2600 runs them good and I don't have any complaints. I had Polk signature series and RTI series in mind and after lot of research and and watching YT videos I finalised RTI A7 as I like the sound of RTi more than the Signature series and also the RTI cabinet is made up of real wood than that of signature series engineered wood. Quality of the cabinet also has certain impact on the sound.For more reviews join a dedicated Polk Facebook community, they are very helpful and can answer most of your questions.

Just an fyi if you are going with bipolar speakers (fxia6) make sure your room is suitable for it. Bipolar speakers have certain room requirement to sound good.

aah ok, thanks Mate.
its a relief to know the same.
as took demo of Signature series locally, but the chest thumping Bass punch was *missing, and i felt sound is more on the sweeter/softer note than the more heavier experience which i like.
whereas RTI7 i found better :)
yeah a consultant mentioned, Denon2600H wont be ablew to handle it ( *edited: justify it ), so shall go with Marantz
Thanks

MDF covered with wood veneers. It would be crazy to build box speakers with hardwood.
Cheers,
Raghu

as took demo of Signature series locally, but the chest thumping Bass punch was *missing, and i felt sound is more on the sweeter/softer note than the more heavier experience which i like.
whereas RTI7 i found better :)
yeah a consultant mentioned, Denon2600H wont be ablew to handle it ( *edited: justify it ), so shall go with Marantz
Thanks
Based on the sound signature you seem to prefer, I don't think Marantz is going to give that slam and punch. You would be better off with a Denon.

Yes, a dedicated HT room, but got windows on both sides as wasnt planned upfront,
though getting carpets on the floor and echo cancelling fabric on the rear wall and thick curtains on both side.
budget is under 5L for the Whole Audio Video setup.
PResently PolkRTI quote is approx: 4L incl a benq w1090 projector and fixed screen.
Loud normally, as i raise from Punjab, so its mostly beats/bass specific music :p ( ideally its at farm, so might not be used ALOT )

That's a pretty big room..
Without proper planning such loudness will not be possible specially the bass..

For a HT setup, focus mainly on a quality sub and center channel. Tower play vital role in any setup, but you will always feel something missing until you have a chest thumping sub. And for room of your size look for something like xtz 12.17, svs pb12/2000. Check olx and you can get good deal there.

I saw someone selling box packet revel performa3 f206 for 1L and a svs pb12 for 80kon olx and found it to be a pretty good deals.

The RTI models that you have mentioned are very old model but not obsolete yet. The tweeters in the RTI models are not liked by many.
So I would go for the Oberon or the New POLK S60 towers and the matching surrounds. Sub can be purchased separately.

I demoed the Polk RTi v/s Polk Signature for a friend. Listened to a variety of songs.

In my view the RTi sounds better. Yes its old, but its a really good line of speakers.

What I would suggest :
- If its only for movies, and you are looking for bass thump, suggest buy bookshelves instead of towers for front and buy 2 subs instead
- Polk RTi A1 and A3 are both excellent
- Try to go for all Polk including the sub.
- Denon + Polk combo is available at ProFX. You should be able to get a good deal. Bargain.
- If it fits within your budget get the Denon X3600H. Else even the X2600 is loud enough.

I have a Denon X2300H and can never go beyond half volume, though my room is quite small.

OR

Kindly Advise
Much Appreciated
Both are good brands but they have difference in sound signature...
So it depends on how u like the tonality.
For me Polk is not good for music but for movies it will give u enough grunt.
Dali Tonality is comparatively very good both for music and movies.
If possible it's highly recommended u to take an audition what suits you the best.
Also look out for AVR either Denon or Marantz which has Audyssey XT32 .

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back